BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #23
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
source please?
I assume he is referring to ACORN. There is an article about it and its relationship with Obama here.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #24
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe

ok the town was small but it is the executive experience that is important. She was a governor too if you forgot.

Maybe if we drill it will be a $75 a barrel?

Here is a source... yes it is right wing but if you wanna read other articles or see other videos... type in voter fraud obama ACORN. ACORN is the organiztion

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2...d-in-virginia/
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #25
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also Easyman... do you know how big ANWR is? How much of it they want to drill on. When will people stop protecting these far off areas for the benefit of animals and plants over human?

And don't tell me that means I think all forest can be cut down and trash can be put anywhere

It is a very small area that will benefit America greatly.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #26
easyman
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 330i e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomstone View Post
Also Easyman... do you know how big ANWR is? How much of it they want to drill on. When will people stop protecting these far off areas for the benefit of animals and plants over human?

And don't tell me that means I think all forest can be cut down and trash can be put anywhere

It is a very small area that will benefit America greatly.
yes the "pro-drillers" argue that it would use up less than 1 tenth of a percent of anwr. However i believe things come full circle. ie global warming. The destruction of natural habitats will end up degrading our quality of life.

and to restate what i said before the drilling is a temporary solution to a real problem. We are only putting off the problem, and exacerbating our global climate crisis.

I think 150 a barrel oil and 5 dollar gas will drive us to advance the technology necessary to reduce our oil hunger. We saw it happening already. Gm is trying to sell off hummer, car companies were rushing to build and develop compact cars, People were driving slower, industry was trying to find ways to lower their energy costs.
      09-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #27
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
Rep

So your saying kill the consumers pocket now to force companies advance technology in alternative energy?

The majority (excluding scientists who think its true, environmentalists, etc.) have dropped their care for global warming and gone to whatever lowers prices.

Oh ya I'm a global warming skeptic so I'm don't worry about my carbon footprint.

Stop Global Whining!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #28
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
Rep

sorry for the double post.

Live in the present and plan for the future.

We will reap the benefits of oil much quicker than alternative energy. But alternative energy is important wether there is global warming or not.

Economy will suck until gas goes down. Its not worth the fall economy to keep gas that high
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #29
easyman
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 330i e46

Quote:
So your saying kill the consumers pocket now to force companies advance technology in alternative energy?

The majority (excluding scientists who think its true, environmentalists, etc.) have dropped their care for global warming and gone to whatever lowers prices.

Oh ya I'm a global warming skeptic so I'm don't worry about my carbon footprint.

Stop Global Whining!
People will adapt is all I am saying (whether it is industry or the individual). People aren't going to work for something unless disaster is imminent (my glass half empty perspective).

I think there are many more downward pressures on the economy beside oil. we are reaping the repercussions of the cheap money over the past 5 years.
      09-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #30
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
ok the town was small but it is the executive experience that is important. She was a governor too if you forgot.

Maybe if we drill it will be a $75 a barrel?

Here is a source... yes it is right wing but if you wanna read other articles or see other videos... type in voter fraud obama ACORN. ACORN is the organiztion

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2...d-in-virginia/
The way this news clip portrayed this, it looked like there was no attempt to actually generate fraudulent votes. It looked like it was young workers trying to meet their daily quota of registrations so they could keep their jobs. Certainly this is illegal to make fake voter registrations, but it looked simply like the work of irresponsible low-wage employees, rather than the sinister work of power seeking politicians. I hope the ACORN trainers now make it clear that fake registrations are illegal.

There must be better video clips of other ACORN activities than this.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #31
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
Rep

sorry just searched it and that one looked negative.. guess not
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #32
Saintor
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E90

She is *the* determinant reason why I stopped supporting McCain.

Can't figure that this damn fool could be running USA.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #33
Coder335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 - MB 335i Coupe

I'd do her
      09-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #34
calleballe
ExPAt
Rep

Drives: E90

Peak oil was reached like 10 years ago. They can drill all they want but fact remain, the efforts needed to extract oil will get more and more resource demanding and oil prices will remain >$110 and keep going up. Gas will be $5/gallon within a few year no matter how much we drill.

Get real Palin, McCain and Co..

Current cars
BMW 328i (to become sth else)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #35
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleballe View Post
Peak oil was reached like 10 years ago. They can drill all they want but fact remain, the efforts needed to extract oil will get more and more resource demanding and oil prices will remain >$110 and keep going up. Gas will be $5/gallon within a few year no matter how much we drill.

ok... just don't drill, let gas get to $8+ a gallon while we wait for the enviros to create a reliable alternative energy... or... use the energy we have now and work on alternative energy at the same time.

Oh ya go on bloomberg.com/energy. gas is under $110.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #36
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry guys im a bad double poster.

Bush lifted the executive ban on offshore drilling= gas went down drastically

We actually drill= gas will go down more

Democrats are hypocrites because they want to help the less fortunate but their fine keeping the price of gas high if it saves the environment.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #37
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleballe View Post

I do not know where you are getting your information but I do not believe you are correct. The biggest reason I believe you are incorrect is shale. There is up to an estimated 1 trillion barrels of oil in the shale of Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming. That oil, if it is economically extractable, would put us well away from anything approaching peak oil. That is not even considering the oil available offshore in the lower 48, ANWR, or in the Arctic.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #38
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I do not know where you are getting your information but I do not believe you are correct. The biggest reason I believe you are incorrect is shale. There is up to an estimated 1 trillion barrels of oil in the shale of Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming. That oil, if it is economically extractable, would put us well away from anything approaching peak oil. That is not even considering the oil available offshore in the lower 48, ANWR, or in the Arctic.

What about Texas and Louisiana, recoverable reserves there will easily trump those of anywhere else. There is a HUGE amount there.

People that are against drilling fail to acknowledge the fact that we ARE trying to convert to alternate energy, but we CANNOT just do everything at once. They don't even think about what would happen if we stopped drilling while we searched for a solution to the problem. The entire economy would go up in smoke. Not drilling is NOT the answer.
      09-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #39
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: // 135i //, X5

Quote:
7. Palin opposes comprehensive sex-ed in public schools. She's said she will only support abstinence-only approaches.
I hope this is a joke. Otherwise the irony would be too much
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
Appreciate 0