BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source

09-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

2 time Republican President AWOL at the convention???

Why I ask? Why?

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      09-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio

Drives: 08' 328i

Because he doesn't want the people's distaste for him to affect his party's campaign.
Los Angeles is offline   No_Country
      09-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I thought I was the only one who noticed how JM totally threw Dubya under the bus this week. Did he even mention his name??? And what about the other conspicuous absentee, Darth Vader, uh, I mean Dick Cheney. Where was he????

Does anyone else get that JM is running AGAINST his own party????!!!! He's trying to be the candidate of CHANGE!!!

Um sorry JM, but the CHANGE mantle has already been taken. You're about 18months too late. Nice try though
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      09-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
scalbert
Major General

Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody

It should be pretty obvious. Although they are under the same party, they are not the same person regardless of what is stated. IMO, it was the correct thing to do considering the current perceptions.
      09-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #5
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
It should be pretty obvious. Although they are under the same party, they are not the same person regardless of what is stated. IMO, it was the correct thing to do considering the current perceptions.
McCain/Palin is Bush/Cheney with lipstick
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      09-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
scalbert
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
McCain/Palin is Bush/Cheney with lipstick
Why then, everytime I have asked, have I not gotten the specifics? I have acknowledged that some national defense matters are similar (all while McCain has critized Bush). Major items such as FISCAL decisions/proposals are vastly different.
      09-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
325/528
Second Lieutenant

Drives: pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Why I ask? Why?
Because that's what ArtPE wanted!!!!
      09-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #8
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Cheney was overseas (I don't remember which country) and Bush appeared by satellite. Wasn't Bush scheduled to appear on Monday night? Then the minimalist schedule (due to not wanting to get one-upped by Hurricane Gustav) cancelled all speakers and didn't fit into his schedule for the rest of the week.

It was a convenient out.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #9
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Why then, everytime I have asked, have I not gotten the specifics? I have acknowledged that some national defense matters are similar (all while McCain has critized Bush). Major items such as FISCAL decisions/proposals are vastly different.

Here is an interesting test to see if you know the difference between McCain, Bush, and Cheney. I'll give the answers later.

1. Who said ``The issue of economics is something that I've never really understood as well as I should.''?

2. After Saddam Hussein was captured in 2003, who said ``Mission Accomplished!''?

3. Who said the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a ``second job'' and skip their vacations?

4. Who said ``I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned.''?

5. Even after the public and Congress rejected the idea, who is still pushing to privatize Social Security?

6. Who received a zero percent rating for his environmental record from the League of Conservation Voters last year?

7. Who graduated in the bottom one percent of his college class?
      09-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #10
325/528
Second Lieutenant

Drives: pinto

Quote:
Here is an interesting test to see if you know the difference between McCain, Bush, and Cheney. I'll give the answers later.

1. Who said ``The issue of economics is something that I've never really understood as well as I should.''?

2. After Saddam Hussein was captured in 2003, who said ``Mission Accomplished!''?

3. Who said the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a ``second job'' and skip their vacations?

4. Who said ``I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned.''?

5. Even after the public and Congress rejected the idea, who is still pushing to privatize Social Security?

6. Who received a zero percent rating for his environmental record from the League of Conservation Voters last year?

7. Who graduated in the bottom one percent of his college class?
???Jimmy Carter???? Bill Clinton???? jkjk
      09-06-2008, 04:02 AM   #11
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Cheney was overseas (I don't remember which country) and Bush appeared by satellite. Wasn't Bush scheduled to appear on Monday night? Then the minimalist schedule (due to not wanting to get one-upped by Hurricane Gustav) cancelled all speakers and didn't fit into his schedule for the rest of the week.

It was a convenient out.
Oh, Cheney was on his little "business trip" to Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine and Italy. To pave the way for a new US-sponsored pipeline, that will allow US to also take entire EU by the balls, hoping to dominate the energy market that Russia currently has 25% share in. Think oil, think NATO, think total world domination.
      09-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #12
scalbert
Major General

Quote:
I suppose we look at issues on a different hierarchy. In addition, I wouldn't include quotes in policy agreements.

For me, Economy, National Defense, Healthcare, Energy/Environment and the rest is mixed and changes; flip-flops if you will. Without defining order of importance, I do not see how anyone can make a decision.

On the primary matter, the policies set in place by the current administration differ from the proposals offered by McCain. And IMO and as mentioned before, you could argue that Bush conducted himself more like the proposals of Obama.

On the second matter, there was support for the President but concurrently there much criticism of the handling of Iraq among other matters.