BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

PYSPEED

08-31-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Rally for the Republic

Colossal Event Challenges GOP To Stop Acting Like Dems
Sold-Out MN Rally “Shadow Convention” Slaps RNC Over Move To Left

Grand Rapids, MI: The sold-out Rally for the Republic (www.campaignforliberty.com) will be held September 2, 2008 at the Minneapolis, MN Target Center (www.targetcenter.com), just miles from the Republican National Convention. This historic event will highlight the widespread dissatisfaction with the Republican Party’s ideological shift away from Constitutional, limited-government principles.

The Rally promises to be “the most spirited and provocative political event of the year”. Headlining the event will be NBC’s Tucker Carlson, 2006 Academy of Country Music Female Vocalist of the Year, Sara Evans, Texas Congressman and former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul, former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, former California Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. and November’s Third Party Option- Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin (www.Baldwin08.com).

GOP delegates and alternates to the Republican National Convention have been offered free tickets to the three-day event.

The Rally for the Republic, sponsored by the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty, is billed as “a clear call to the Republican Party to return to its roots of limited government, personal responsibility, and protection of our natural rights”.

The event will run in conjunction with the first two days of the Republican National Convention and will feature top conservative speakers, musicians, and organizations.

Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin will be at the Rally along with Constitution Party Founder Howard Phillips. Phillips, former Director of the U.S. Office of Economic Opportunity for President Nixon, and Founder and Chairman of the Conservative Caucus will address the rally at 12:55 pm, September 2.

Constitution Party presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin, 56, is a Florida pastor, radio talk show host, and columnist. He was the Constitution Party's 2004 vice presidential candidate. He campaigned for Congressman Ron Paul and has been singled out by Paul for his constitutionally-correct stand on the issues.

The Baldwin campaign is on course to welcome Ron Paul followers once it becomes official at the Republican National Convention that Paul will not be on the November ballot.

Baldwin and Constitution Party vice presidential candidate Darrell Castle, an attorney and Marine Viet Nam combat veteran, are being considered the “antidote” to “Big Box” party candidates Obama and McCain as more voters express unhappiness with both parties.

“Everywhere we go on our campaign stops we hear people say, ‘I’m afraid of Obama and don’t trust McCain”, said Baldwin, recently endorsed by three time New York Times best-selling author Jerome Corsi, Ph.D.

Corsi’s latest best-seller “Obama Nation” follows best-sellers “The Late, Great U.S.A; the Coming Merger with Mexico and Canada” and “Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry”.

The Constitution Party is the fastest growing and largest third party based on voter registration (Ballot Access News).

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General

McCain/Palin

August 30th, 2008 by Thomas Woods I am in haste as I write this, getting some things in order before leaving for Minneapolis, but one has to hand it to John McCain: the choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate was politically very savvy, for many reasons.

At the same time, let’s not forget: our key issues are as urgent as ever, and are not addressed by this pick. The Federal Reserve is as big a danger to our economic well-being as it has ever been, and it’s as off the table as ever. McCain’s provocations of Russia still threaten a new Cold War. His promise (threat?) to stay in Iraq 100, 1000, or 10,000 years if necessary still stands. He’s likely to go to war with Iran. The surveillance state is alive and well. And so on.

And now that Palin has the VP slot, Joe Lieberman will likely be our next Secretary of State. That’s even scarier than a Lieberman VP.

So let’s keep our eye on the ball: our target is liberty-loving Americans from all walks of life, who can see through all the major parties’ tricks and know something is wrong. Let’s help point the way forward, in the words of Ron Paul, to “an America worthy of our Founding Fathers.”

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
E82tt6
Colonel

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

I'm not a fan of Corsi.

Overall, I think this is a great idea.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
scottwww
Brigadier General

Tuesday on CSPAN-2

C-SPAN 2 to cover the entire Rally for the Republic

Great news! We received confirmation today that C-SPAN 2 will cover the entire Rally for the Republic from start to finish. Yesterday, we announced “Take over the net Tuesday“, and your mission to once again spread the message online. Now, we have another channel to broadcast Ron Paul’s legendary speech.

Email, call, and talk to your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family and remind them to tune in to C-SPAN 2 or browse to www.CampaignforLiberty.com to watch the entire broadcast live on Tuesday.

Tuesday’s Rally for the Republic schedule:
11:30 - Doors open
12:30 - Intro: Tucker Carlson
12:40 - National Anthem: Matt Colvin
12:50 - Invocation: Barb Davis White
12:55 - Howard Phillips
1:10 - Doug Wead
1:30 - Tom Woods
1:50 - Grover Norquist
2:10 - Lew Rockwell
2:30 - Bill Kauffman
2:50 - Special Guest