BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Steve Thomas BMW

08-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #23
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

So, BC...

Did you get it?

How do you like it?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #24
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3R View Post
Doesn't seem very odd with all of the M3s for sale right now.
I wouldn't read too much into this given that most dealers use autotrader.com as merely another form of sales.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #25
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juano11 View Post
Barry, I drove your car yesterday morning!

Jet Black, extended red leather, loaded (or nearly loaded, I can't remember if anything was missing...).
so now it has 30 miles on it and has seen redline a few times?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 04:06 AM   #26
Buffalo
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
I hope there's nothing fishy here but I just bought a car that was on ebay from a BMW dealer in KY for invoice. Car stickered for $73.2 and I got it for $67.8. Guy swears there's nothing wrong with the car and I've got pics showing it has 25 miles on it. It's a jet black w/FR extended and the mods will begin soon!

I'm thrilled but it seems almost too good to be true!

Barry
Hey guys out of curiosity, is 67k invoice? I got my E92 Coupe fully loaded for less than that. If the 67k was after taxes, than I would have to think otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 08:18 PM   #27
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

Funny stuff sayemthree, but honestly, this is way more car than I'm used to driving. I really did take it easy on her...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #28
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
Hey guys out of curiosity, is 67k invoice? I got my E92 Coupe fully loaded for less than that. If the 67k was after taxes, than I would have to think otherwise.
Go to www.edmunds.com and you can get the invoice for any car with any options set.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #29
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 LRP M3

Hey guys,

Just got back from vacation during which I picked up the car. It was perfect with no issues. Joel Johnson at Swope did a fantastic job with the selling experience - much better than I've experienced here in Greensboro from a dealership where I've purchased several cars.

In any event, I've put almost 900 miles on it and I totally love this car. I've had an E39 M5 and two E46 M3's (both of which were heavily modified with the last one being an '06 competition pkg car equipped with a VF supercharger and a bunch of other suspension/performance mods) and this car is my favorite so far. Yes it is not a track/sports car but it's hands down the best all around street/GT car I've ever driven. I'm very glad I got the DCT transmission and won't miss not having a manual.

Only problem so far is it's developed a squeak/rattle in the rear deck - just like my '06 car.

Tomorrow it's getting tint and 3M film and I've got an Eisenmann exhaust on order. I'll probably put H&Rs and wheels on it too at some point. I'm debating these items as I don't won't to significantly change the character of the car. I'll post some pics this weekend.

Thx!
BC
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #30
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: audi s4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Hey guys,

Just got back from vacation during which I picked up the car. It was perfect with no issues. Joel Johnson at Swope did a fantastic job with the selling experience - much better than I've experienced here in Greensboro from a dealership where I've purchased several cars.

In any event, I've put almost 900 miles on it and I totally love this car. I've had an E39 M5 and two E46 M3's (both of which were heavily modified with the last one being an '06 competition pkg car equipped with a VF supercharger and a bunch of other suspension/performance mods) and this car is my favorite so far. Yes it is not a track/sports car but it's hands down the best all around street/GT car I've ever driven. I'm very glad I got the DCT transmission and won't miss not having a manual.

Only problem so far is it's developed a squeak/rattle in the rear deck - just like my '06 car.

Tomorrow it's getting tint and 3M film and I've got an Eisenmann exhaust on order. I'll probably put H&Rs and wheels on it too at some point. I'm debating these items as I don't won't to significantly change the character of the car. I'll post some pics this weekend.

Thx!
BC
Awesome Barry! Glad that everything went well for you!
Appreciate 0