BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-18-2023, 04:33 PM   #23
spammysammich
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
amrazM Have you seen any pressure filter cap leaks before? After I checked all the pan and side pan fasteners, I still noticed a little weeping at the pressure filter cap. Snap ring is properly in place but i pushed on one of the ribs of the cap to see if it was seated all the way and it spun about a 1/16th of a turn!!! Every time the pressure side flows when I start up it drops about 3 tablespoons of pentosin. I'm gearing up to do a full service on the DCT at this point but wanted some more perspective.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 09:21 AM   #24
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
amrazM Have you seen any pressure filter cap leaks before? After I checked all the pan and side pan fasteners, I still noticed a little weeping at the pressure filter cap. Snap ring is properly in place but i pushed on one of the ribs of the cap to see if it was seated all the way and it spun about a 1/16th of a turn!!! Every time the pressure side flows when I start up it drops about 3 tablespoons of pentosin. I'm gearing up to do a full service on the DCT at this point but wanted some more perspective.
My turn...again. First gear box was leaking good after 20k miles. 2nd box (new one due to dealer filled with MT fluid) got new sump/gaskets/filter/Tstat after 30k miles useage. After another 10k miles leaking again...phew.

This time it seems to coming from above i.e. the hoses from the heat exchanger on the top. Did you ever manage to replace these according to Lienrocs input?
Car is at the dealer so not planning to do it myself but interested to understand about mentioned special tools to avoid dropping the box (dealer should know but you never know...wil chat with the tech tomorrow).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 02:03 AM   #25
spammysammich
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Dakar Yellow II

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
My turn...again. First gear box was leaking good after 20k miles. 2nd box (new one due to dealer filled with MT fluid) got new sump/gaskets/filter/Tstat after 30k miles useage. After another 10k miles leaking again...phew.

This time it seems to coming from above i.e. the hoses from the heat exchanger on the top. Did you ever manage to replace these according to Lienrocs input?
Car is at the dealer so not planning to do it myself but interested to understand about mentioned special tools to avoid dropping the box (dealer should know but you never know...wil chat with the tech tomorrow).

Thanks!
No, my lines weren't my problem. And the #11 o-ring i replaced didn't fully cure my slow seepage from that spot.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 06:23 AM   #26
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
No, my lines weren't my problem. And the #11 o-ring i replaced didn't fully cure my slow seepage from that spot.
Thanks mate, got it. These fukkers never seem to stop leaking...fortunately there is plenty fluid to leak from!
Appreciate 0