BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

07-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
gigz
Private

Drives: 335xi

Send a message via Skype™ to gigz
For all hippster-chic confused people out there

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/17/bec...ef=mpstoryview
gigz is offline   United_States
      07-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

You should see some of the looks I have gotten when I ask people wearing the Che shirt how many other mass murderers they wear on their clothes. Do they also have a Stalin, Pot, or Hitler shirt?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      07-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
gigz
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
You should see some of the looks I have gotten when I ask people wearing the Che shirt how many other mass murderers they wear on their clothes. Do they also have a Stalin, Pot, or Hitler shirt?
Believe me I know. I'm NYC, they have no clue, and its not just teenagers.
Talking about ignorant.
      07-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned

Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
I couldnt see a pic of the shirts
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
      07-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigz View Post
Believe me I know. I'm NYC, they have no clue, and its not just teenagers.
Talking about ignorant.
The last person I asked was after a Rangers game at the Garden. It was especially satisfying as she was wearing a Flyers hat as well.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      07-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
gigz
Private

Quote:
The last person I asked was after a Rangers game at the Garden. It was especially satisfying as she was wearing a Flyers hat as well.
Sweet.
Ranger fan?
Season ticket holder here.
      07-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Sweet.
Ranger fan?
Season ticket holder here.
Me too! Section 305. There were many things I was willing to give up when I left Jersey but Ranger and Giant season tix were not among them.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      07-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
gigz
Private

Quote:
Me too! Section 305. There were many things I was willing to give up when I left Jersey but Ranger and Giant season tix were not among them.
Small world, section 306.
      07-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
Couch
Colonel

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Quote:
Quote:
Small world, section 306.
Look at yall. New friendship in the making.
      07-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Che Guevera is a symbol of rebellion against capitalism (ironically pasted on so many shirts, and worn by leftists). It's a symbol of rebellion. An image.

People wouldn't wear images of Hitler, Pot, and Stalin because their images only mean death.

What alternative image would suggest, to denote murderous disdain of capitalism? Specifics, please.

You should see the looks on peoples' faces when I ask them if they knew their Chinese-made shirt was stitched by children. Or their coffee beans were picked by peasant farmers. Or the aluminum in their fender was mined under absurd conditions. Or that gold in your wife's necklace was mined by hand in Brazil. Not a fucking clue.

Self-righteous is ugly.

Edit: 'if you have any respect for humanity you wouldn't be wearing this shirt' is ridiculously biased. This is an editorial from CNN? Is this meant to pass as 'news'? What a crock of shit.
      07-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
gigz
Private

Why don't you go to those places you mentioned and try to stop them from contributing to our capitalism?
They will cut you balls off in a heartbeat, for trying to take away their only livelihood.
      07-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #12
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Che Guevera is a symbol of rebellion against capitalism (ironically pasted on so many shirts, and worn by leftists). It's a symbol of rebellion. An image.

People wouldn't wear images of Hitler, Pot, and Stalin because their images only mean death.

What alternative image would suggest, to denote murderous disdain of capitalism? Specifics, please.

You should see the looks on peoples' faces when I ask them if they knew their Chinese-made shirt was stitched by children. Or their coffee beans were picked by peasant farmers. Or the aluminum in their fender was mined under absurd conditions. Or that gold in your wife's necklace was mined by hand in Brazil. Not a fucking clue.

Self-righteous is ugly.

Edit: 'if you have any respect for humanity you wouldn't be wearing this shirt' is ridiculously biased. This is an editorial from CNN? Is this meant to pass as 'news'? What a crock of shit.
You are equating a murderous tyrant with manual labor? Maybe I am missing something. The symbol in question is the image of a murderous, racist thug. He was no more an opponent of capitalism than were Stalin, Pot, Hitler, or Mao and his crimes differed only in scope not in kind.

Since there is no such thing as the "murderous disdain of capitalism," there can be no meaningful symbol for it.

FWIW, the piece is clearly labeled as "Commentary." That means it is an opinion.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      07-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Clinton, Bush....

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      08-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #14
ArtPE
Banned

Drives: e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

Self-righteous is ugly.

+1

what most don't realize is that a large portion of the thinking world has a lesser opinion of bush than che...and the war in Iraq has killed many more civilians than che ever did...as many as 1/2 mil, 1/2 by us accidentially, 1/2 by terrorist sob's...but dead is dead, crippled is crippled, orphaned is orphaned

righteousness is a double edged sword