BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Role Call -- Capricornus Leader -- Hueneme

Just found out my car is on the Capricornus Leader. Departed Bremerhaven for Port Hueneme on June 20th. Voyage is scheduled for 23 days and is due in port on July 13.

Anybody else on the Capricornus Leader?
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Damn. Doesn't look like my vessel reports in via sailwx.info. DAMN! The only site I could find that has anything on it is vesseltracker.com, but that info states it is delayed, and has no other data except position! WTF!!! DAMMIT. It would be nice to know temp, wave height, etc. Oh well!

If anybody can find anything else on the vessel Capricornus Leader with a callsing of H8WX, PLEASE let me know! Thanks!
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
man02195
Lieutenant
 
man02195's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

If you sign up for their free account, you get a "less" delayed position from vesseltracker. They have a life AIS data feed into google earth.
__________________
E90 M3 Sedan | M-DCT | SG | Black Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Premium | Technology | Enhanced Sound | 19's | Moonroof | Fold Down | Heated | iPod | Parkdist | Sunshade |Week 22 | Just unloaded from Emden | Performance Center Delivery July 17th (Great Experience!)
man02195 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by man02195 View Post
If you sign up for their free account, you get a "less" delayed position from vesseltracker. They have a life AIS data feed into google earth.
Thanks for the info! I singed up for the free account, but they cannot find my ship. lol. Says it is out of the covered area or something like that. I will keep trying. I tried the Google Earth link but it did not work...they will prolly have it sorted soon though.

Thanks again.....

Nobody else on the Cap. Leader huh? Hmmm. Must be the only car on there!
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
M3Greg
New Member
 
M3Greg's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3 Jzb/extBB-Wk25
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N Calif

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

My car was completed on 6/20 according to the 800#. Today it says it is at the port waiting for a ship.
I wonder how delayed the 800# is and if there is any chance I am on this ship?

Anyone know what/when the next ship is to the west coast?
__________________
e92 M3 Jzb/extBB 6MT Tech 19" Build wk 24/08

2003 Harley Softail -Sold for M3!
2001 530I-sold
M3Greg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Greg View Post
My car was completed on 6/20 according to the 800#. Today it says it is at the port waiting for a ship.
I wonder how delayed the 800# is and if there is any chance I am on this ship?

Anyone know what/when the next ship is to the west coast?
800# seems to be a day or two behind. You CA will be able to check for you on the BMW server for more reliable data. There seems to be about a weekly departure from Bremerhaven to Hueneme. Thus, your car should be getting loaded around the 27th or so. Just ask your CA to start checking on the server for the next couple of days.

No idea how to determine what ship is leaving for Hueneme. I looked and looked and NYK lines (for Hueneme deliveries) totally sucks for schedules online. Also, in trying to use the various vessel tracking sites, my ship is one of the lazy phucks that doesn't report in. Lovely. So, all I know is that it is expected in port on July 13. A 23 day voyage.....

Seems like the east coast ships (forgot the shipping line that does this) is much more "trackable". Sorry I can't be of more help, but I looked and looked and there aint squat online from what I could find.
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Cap Leader is now due into Hueneme a day earlier than expected. Supposed to arrive 7/12/08. I guess I am the only one on it though! lol
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #8
calimarc
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norcal

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Cap Leader is now due into Hueneme a day earlier than expected. Supposed to arrive 7/12/08. I guess I am the only one on it though! lol
Our cars should be clearing customs this week
calimarc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #9
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Yeah...it landed at port two days early! Should be at the dealer around Friday'ish. I will be out of town until the 27th...so I guess i will be picking mine up on the 28th! woo hoo!
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #10
calimarc
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norcal

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Yeah...it landed at port two days early! Should be at the dealer around Friday'ish. I will be out of town until the 27th...so I guess i will be picking mine up on the 28th! woo hoo!
Your lucky. It will be a bit more of a wait for me. My car is an ED car so it will take longer to clear customs. I also have some options yet to be installed at the VDC before it gets on the truck to come here. I live an hour north of Sacramento in Chico so it would have been possible that our cars would have been on the same truck
calimarc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #11
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimarc View Post
Your lucky. It will be a bit more of a wait for me. My car is an ED car so it will take longer to clear customs. I also have some options yet to be installed at the VDC before it gets on the truck to come here. I live an hour north of Sacramento in Chico so it would have been possible that our cars would have been on the same truck
Well, hopefully they process it quickly for you....I almost don't want to go on vacation...instead, still take the time off but just drive the M around for a week. lol
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #12
calimarc
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norcal

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Well, hopefully they process it quickly for you....I almost don't want to go on vacation...instead, still take the time off but just drive the M around for a week. lol
Any word on your car yet ? Has your dealership contacted you yet?
calimarc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimarc View Post
Any word on your car yet ? Has your dealership contacted you yet?
I left for vacation on the 17th. The car arrived at the dealer on the 18th! LOL. Basically, 1 week from the ship pulling into port to delivery at the dealer...not bad. Unfortunately, I was out of town on vaca when it arrived. I got back in town last night and am picking up the car in a few hours! Woo Hoo! I can hardly wait.

I will be taking some pics and posting, prolly tomorrow or so.

Have you taken delivery yet?
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
calimarc
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norcal

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
I left for vacation on the 17th. The car arrived at the dealer on the 18th! LOL. Basically, 1 week from the ship pulling into port to delivery at the dealer...not bad. Unfortunately, I was out of town on vaca when it arrived. I got back in town last night and am picking up the car in a few hours! Woo Hoo! I can hardly wait.

I will be taking some pics and posting, prolly tomorrow or so.

Have you taken delivery yet?
Congrats and am looking forward to pics. I have been enjoying my car since last Friday!!
calimarc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #15
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,897
iTrader: (0)

Posted a few pics here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=159781&page=2 Nothing special..I am not a photographer and my camera is OLD. lol.
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST