BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

07-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #23
darkalley
Captain

Drives: Gone- 08 DCT SSII, 2006 SMG
Location: Current: 2014 BMW 4-Series Convert for the fiance w M Package, F150, 06 S2000, 08 911 c4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFP View Post
I got mine from **********s. They are mounted and ready to go just waiting for me to pick up. Havent got my car yet...currently out of town for business and will be picking the car up for delivery on friday. Once I do, I'll post pics. I got the wheels sent directly to dealer so I could pick er up with the new look right from the jump. One change I made was I went with a wider tire on the back, 275's instead of the stock 265 and can't wait to see the setup in person. Supposedly they are prebalanced and have the TPMS already installed so hopefully no issues will arise when I drive 'er away. I'll let you know. My CA has let me know though, that since the wheels were mounted, the car has had gotten a ton of looks and more reactions than "anything else they have ever had at the dealership!" Can't take the waiting game... It's killing me.

Is the main ingredient in those rims still butter??? Toast after one winter. I may have just gotten a bum set but mine required like 9 pounds of lead to balance them out of the box. Since they were winter rims I just sucked it up.
      07-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #24
mkoesel

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Wow, thanks for that info, did you try?

I was actually thinking of using my E46 winter wheels (well, the rears anyway) when I get an E90. Is it because the inside diameter of the wheel is too small, or is it more of a width issue?
BUMP

sayemthree - I'm curious about your trial of the E46 wheels...
      07-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #25
gadget
Major

Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

THanks south,

they look good, Do you have the specs (i,e size width etc) did a google and found nothing.
gadget is offline   United_States
      07-20-2008, 03:47 AM   #26
southlight
Moderator / European Editor

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
THanks south,

they look good, Do you have the specs (i,e size width etc) did a google and found nothing.
Yep, everything but the weight:

They are 18" (ET 20) and come in Germany with 235/40 Michelin Pilot Alpin 3 (95V).

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
      07-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #27
GFP

Drives: 2008 M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
i was thinking about doing this as well. where are you going for your M6 reps?
Big Windy,

Here are the pics I promised...balancing was poor on shipment on both rear setups though: just in the midst of trying to correct it. Had it in the wheel shop today for re-balancing...hope it worked. My wheel guy, fears one was bent in shipping, hope not. Just heading out to test the new setup...steering wheel vibration at 120-140km/h was the problem. Car is def. getting lots of looks though.

I know a few think putting the M6 wheels on the M3 are a bad idea but I think they really add an aggressive look to the car. And the best thing is they are super easy to clean. Had the car only a couple of days and have washed it 3 times already.
Attached Images

07-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #28
darkalley
Captain

Location: Current: 2014 BMW 4-Series Convert for the fiance w M Package, F150, 06 S2000, 08 911 c4s

Quote:
Big Windy,

Here are the pics I promised...balancing was poor on shipment on both rear setups though: just in the midst of trying to correct it. Had it in the wheel shop today for re-balancing...hope it worked. My wheel guy, fears one was bent in shipping, hope not. Just heading out to test the new setup...steering wheel vibration at 120-140km/h was the problem. Car is def. getting lots of looks though.

I know a few think putting the M6 wheels on the M3 are a bad idea but I think they really add an aggressive look to the car. And the best thing is they are super easy to clean. Had the car only a couple of days and have washed it 3 times already.

Same problem I had. My guy did the best he could with a ton of wheel weights. Good luck.
      07-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
rzm3

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Big Windy,

what tire sizes did you get? the closest staggered fitment i found, which i just bought, is 255/35/19 front, 275/35/19 rear. Michilin pilot sport a/s. $1000+ for tires... omg.
      07-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
GFP

Drives: 2008 M3 coupe

The tire sizes I went with were 245 35 19 front and 275 30 19 in the back...
      07-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #31
ModBargains.com
Banned

Drives: JB E92 335i

That's correct, we sell M6 style wheels in the E92 M3 fitment! We have 19" as well as the 20" versions that come in silver/gunmetal or time-attack (black face, red ring). You can always PM me if you have any questions about that..we were the first to sell the M6 style wheels, and we've been selling hundreds and hundreds of wheels, even today.

Time-attack M6 Style wheels are here for more info - http://www.**********s.com/product.a...ttack_Wheel_KY

Silver/Gunmetal M6 Style wheels are here for more info - http://www.**********s.com/product.a...Style_Wheel_JY

Here are some images of the m6 style wheels on the E92:
[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Miro/E90%20Gallery/pic3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Miro/E90%20Gallery/pic11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Miro/M61111.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Miro/Official%20Time%20Attack/Black%20E92%20(2).jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Miro/Official%20Time%20Attack/Black%20E92%20(3).jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Miro/Official%20Time%20Attack/Black%20E92%20(9).jpg[/img]
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States
      07-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #32
darkalley
Captain

Quote:
Big Windy,

so did your wheels rebalance? I was curious because I had a similar issue with my m6 replicas.