BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source

06-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
There are many quantities that justify the "car plan" definition...but what do you know...
This doesn't make sense. Why should your "car plan" matter any more than anyone elses? You want to control what people drive. How about controlling yourself instead. Buy yourself a Pacer... I mean a Prius. Lead by example, rather than legislation. If you can't do that in something as simple as your choice of car, then you are a hypocrite.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      06-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #24
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Cut him some slack, he wasn't raised here.
Affirmative action for the foreign born who cannot communicate effectively. We have to understand what they meant, not what they said. After all, it is just words.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      06-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #25
flyinb501
Lieutenant

Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Tesla, New Honda Honda, 7-series Hydrogen, ...give incentives, they will build. Give incentives to Exxon, Chevron...they will invest into infrastructure... Just by doing it, the gas prices will stabilize...and possibly start falling...
India's middle class is growing and they plan to add millions of GASOLINE cars... WHy not -- if the most advanced country is whining so much for more oil instead of looking the other way...

McCain = short term "solution"
Obama = long term approach

I'd take the second one that would make my kid's future better...
Wrong. McCain is offering both long term and short term solutions. Obama obviously doesn't give a damn about our economy because he is happy with the high gas prices being that it is forcing us to use less oil. Vote for him if you want to see a real recession.

McCain offering 300 million to whoever invents this technology is a stupid idea. There is no need for an extra incentive. Like someone else said, the inventor of this technology will make billions.
      06-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #26
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
This doesn't make sense. Why should your "car plan" matter any more than anyone elses? You want to control what people drive. How about controlling yourself instead. Buy yourself a Pacer... I mean a Prius. Lead by example, rather than legislation. If you can't do that in something as simple as your choice of car, then you are a hypocrite.
OK, let me make it easier for you: usually in the sales organization, the company gives you the allowance for your vehicle, so called "car plan". In order to be eligible, the vehicle has to be of certain age, certain room requirement, certain type and certain wheel base, i.e. some of the "quantities" mentioned above.
At the time of my purchase, the choice was very limited, and the mpg was not much better than 25 mpg I get...
Right now, Camry and Altima fall in the category...

Get it now?
      06-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #27
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Wrong. McCain is offering both long term and short term solutions. Obama obviously doesn't give a damn about our economy because he is happy with the high gas prices being that it is forcing us to use less oil. Vote for him if you want to see a real recession.

McCain offering 300 million to whoever invents this technology is a stupid idea. There is no need for an extra incentive. Like someone else said, the inventor of this technology will make billions.
Whoever gets in -- we will see the recesison, not because Obama or McCain, but because of what this criminal did to the country for 8 years...

Technology is invented already and not new. Unfortunately, we need to stimulate companies to build the infrastructure and get the hell of idea that MORE oil is the only way out...