BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source

06-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #23
sageashton
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 325i, Manual

Wow that original post is hilarious! Not.

Seriously, I have to agree with e90im. This is BS. How many people here have actually read a book on Scientology? Anyone? What book was it? And all this 'cult' BS? I guess the Christians back in Rome were a cult too then, huh? The fact is that Scientologists believe in a soul, just like every other Relegion. They believe in life after death (wow, that is a new concept to relegion). They believe in an all powerful force (again strikingly new). What is different about their relegion than anyone else's? Oh yeah, they ask for money, wait... I think every other relegion does that too.

FYI, my aunt is a Scientologist. You should see the amount of shit she get's for even saying she is one if someone asks. I see why she is not so forthcoming about it anymore.

BTW, a short little history lesson: In Rome, Christianity was banned, Christians were fed to the lions for entertainment and had to hide. Nero (the f***tard) blamed a huge fire on the Christians and people were then arrested and executed (Valentine anyone?). It took over 300 years for Christianity to be accepted. Then shortly after that worshipping other gods (the prior Roman faith) was made illegal.

My point is even if I am not a Scientologist, NO ONE has a right to shit on other's beliefs and so I don't. It's an ignorant and self centered way of thinking. Relegion is NOT a science it's a set of beliefs. Thousands of years of war and BS over who's belief is right and yet we still bicker over 'who is right'.

Point is, let them practice their thing and you practice yours and one day, if they are the world relegion maybe they will be okay on your relegion instead of having it banned because of the high rate of molestation, abuse, fraud, etc. (which is all because a couple of pervs decided to take advantage of their position and destroy the public view of the relegion as a whole).

PEACE.
      06-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #24
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
What's wrong with scientology?

It's a religion, practiced by many, to help get them through the day.

It's more of a 'life philosophy', than a religion with a deity, anyway. From Wiki, it appears that the founder of the religion detailed a method to become more at peace with the world. He made up some words to describe the methods, making it sound magical.

Really, it seems a lot like a re-working of buddhism, with a step-by-step approach.

But let's all get on the bandwagon, and shit on someone else's religion!
So is it a religion or not smart guy?
      06-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #25
sageashton
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 325i, Manual

Definition of Religion:
"a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. "

Definition of Scientology (from the same Dictionary):

"a controversial belief system developed by L. Ron Hubbard, based on a person being an immortal spiritual being whose survival depends on him/herself and his/her attainment of brotherhood with others and the universe."

I know you were qouting someone else, I just thought I would throw the two definitions from Dictionary.com to help things along.
      06-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #26
Big Windy
Major General

Drives: audi s4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post

But let's all get on the bandwagon, and shit on someone else's religion!
Big Windy is offline   United_States