BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Scott McClellan's dirt on Bush - thoughts?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/29/wa...an.html?ref=us

Article
      05-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i like it how they all speak up after they're fired, but when they're part of the game they defend bush and his policies. dejavu, reminds me of fucking powell and how he admitted fabricating the evidence and all that... only AFTER he was out.

all bastards and scum
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      05-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
i like it how they all speak up after they're fired, but when they're part of the game they defend bush and his policies. dejavu, reminds me of fucking powell and how he admitted fabricating the evidence and all that... only AFTER he was out.

all bastards and scum
What did Colin Powell ever admit to fabricating?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      05-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
caudalM3

Drives: 2008 AW M3 6MT

You pretty much have to be in some sort of whacky state of denial or completly brain dead to actually believe that Bush is an honest person or was trying to do the best thing for this country the last 8 years.

At this point, I think if even Bush himself came out and admitted all the lies, the Bush supporters would still support him and make excuses for him.

(hypocrisy note: I helped vote Bush into office, but I admit I saw the light a few weeks after september 11 when oil-rich Iraq and Iran were being labelled as the enemy of state rather then Al-Quada)

Atleast embarasment after embarasment over the past fews years has gotten anyone with an education in this country to get off their butts and vote this time around.
caudalM3 is offline   United_States
      05-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Malbolge
Major General

Drives: TiAg Z4 Coupe 3.0Si

Garage List
i bet that they all do these books to make money and also partly to feel like human beings again. I assume working there is just place where you get paid well, get status but become a total scumbag. probably by telling truth he wants to feel better about himself.
      05-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:

all bastards and scum
+1
      05-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

This is only the beginning...wait till Bush is out of the White House and I think we will all be surprised how much will come out when he can no longer control those who worked for him and also have a conscience (I used to think that was mutually exclusive, but looks like with time...some of their conscience/morality comes back).
fedinand is offline   United_States
      05-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
!Xoible
Banned

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
What did Colin Powell ever admit to fabricating?
u either dumb as fuck or ur acting like it. the presentation he gave before the UN with slides and pics and renderings of mobile chemical weapon labs in Iraq. after he was fired he said it was all fabricated, and that whole report was stolen from a british masters student in england. cut the fucking shit man
      05-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
u either dumb as fuck or ur acting like it. the presentation he gave before the UN with slides and pics and renderings of mobile chemical weapon labs in Iraq. after he was fired he said it was all fabricated, and that whole report was stolen from a british masters student in england. cut the fucking shit man
He wasn't fired -- he quit. He was/is a true soldier, the man of honor. Bush is a disgrace for this nation!
As for the UN presentation -- PPT slides and no real data. I could have drawn that. No one bought it, so Bush and Blair forced a few other nations to join. Most of the prosperous pulled out quickly, the ones that we feed with the teaspoon are still suffering...
      05-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
!Xoible
Banned

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
bro he quit means he was pressured to leave. sure he quit!! rumsfelt quit too... come on!
      05-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #11
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Please provide a citation to support this claim.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      05-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #12
chuck92103
Major

Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
I must be dumb as fuck too.

If Powell did as you say, admitted to fabriating evidence, he would be in jail. why would he do that?

If he did, I must have been on the other planet that day.

Please provide a link for these accusations.
      05-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #13
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I must be dumb as fuck too.

If Powell did as you say, admitted to fabriating evidence, he would be in jail. why would he do that?

If he did, I must have been on the other planet that day.

Please provide a link for these accusations.
I don't think he admited directly ever -- he would be dead by now...
But he gave enough hints for even the dumbest person to understand that it was fabricated... Having the PPT drawings instead of actual satellite pictures is the evidence of manipulation alone...

The whole world understood it -- we still debate it...
      05-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #14
noire07
Private First Class

Drives: 328xi

Send a message via AIM to noire07
Powell was going by the intel that was available at the time. It is widely known that the intel analysts at the CIA was pressured into fabricating the report and that Powell personally did not favor going into Iraq. He was pretty much used by the Bush admistration at the UN because he was would have been the best person in the admistration to make the point in going to war (since he was a very well respected fmr GEN).

Look into the Powell Doctrine, the Iraq war goes against most of the points in the doctrine.
2007 328xi E90..Jet Black..Black Dakota Leather..Premium.Sport.CW..19" Staggered Gunmetal VMR v710..Blk Grills..Blacklines..LED Interior lights..OEM Spoiler..RR CDV..OEM Strut Bar..UUC SwayBarbarian Swaybars..H&R Coilovers..330i SSK..3 Stage Intake Manifold..BMW Performance Intake + Exhaust + Steering Wheel..PBX..V1 Hardwire..GPS Hardwire..Rear Power Outlets[Robot Happy Face]..Rear Fogs..OEM Alarm..Alpine PDX-5..Earthquake SWS 8" Subs..MB Quart RVF210[Fr+Rr]..iPod Adapter..35% Tint..
      05-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #15
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by noire07 View Post
Powell was going by the intel that was available at the time. It is widely known that the intel analysts at the CIA was pressured into fabricating the report and that Powell personally did not favor going into Iraq. He was pretty much used by the Bush admistration at the UN because he was would have been the best person in the admistration to make the point in going to war (since he was a very well respected fmr GEN).

Look into the Powell Doctrine, the Iraq war goes against most of the points in the doctrine.
He was using the intelligence available at the time, on that you are correct. However, the notion that analysts were pressured to reach politically desirable conclusions has been studied numerous times and has been shown to be untrue.

Powell was selected because he was Secretary of State.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      05-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #16
fedinand
Major

Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Propaganda...if anyone really believes that this administration wasn't spewing it.
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/05/16/8991/
fedinand is offline   United_States
      05-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #17
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
He was using the intelligence available at the time, on that you are correct. However, the notion that analysts were pressured to reach politically desirable conclusions has been studied numerous times and has been shown to be untrue.

Powell was selected because he was Secretary of State.
Yep, the intel that only the US + GBR and their slaves believed in... More powerful that could continue with negative effects from the US stepped out quickly, the weakest are still suffering...

If the "intel" was even partially believable, many more would have joined and supported it...

We lied, we rushed, we acted against the UN approval, we are responsible for a complete country distruction, we're responsible for hundreds of thousands dead that would have been alive without our humanitarian help, and our leaders simply have to take responsibility. We have used torture tacticts not approved by the Geneva Convention, we have used the weapons that are about to be banned by Geneva and Europe... Yep, we got rid of Saddam that solely caused grief to his own people and never hurt a single US soul. And yes, those great leaders of ours caused additional $1T (so far) to be wasted that could have provided improved education or medical care for my children...