BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #89
fedinand
Major
fedinand's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,271
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Oh, now I see. Bipartisanship is when he gets to tell others what is good for them.



Tell me one instance where Obama has stood in front of a crowd and told them something that they did not want to hear.
Gas Tax Holiday - when he was getting beat up for not connectng w/ those hard working white voters - because he knew it was only a gimmick and offerred no solutions.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #90
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
lyndon_h's Avatar
20
Rep
1,920
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Oh, now I see. Bipartisanship is when he gets to tell others what is good for them.



Tell me one instance where Obama has stood in front of a crowd and told them something that they did not want to hear.
Like when he spoke to the Detriot Economic Club, which is comprised of the auto companies and told them that part of the reason that they fell behind is because they rewarded failure with exec bonuses? He also said that they focused on horse power and making big cars while the Japanese were spending time on more efficient cars. I think this should qualify.

"Obama talks tough on Detroit--
Criticism of auto industry could make winning support an uphill battle"
- Detriot Free press http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...SS01/805140387

another link
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #91
ganeil
Colonel
ganeil's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,050
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Like when he spoke to the Detriot Economic Club, which is comprised of the auto companies and told them that part of the reason that they fell behind is because they rewarded failure with exec bonuses? He also said that they focused on horse power and making big cars while the Japanese were spending time on more efficient cars. I think this should qualify.

"Obama talks tough on Detroit--
Criticism of auto industry could make winning support an uphill battle"
- Detriot Free press http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...SS01/805140387

another link
Ok, he gets credit for beating up auto execs to their face. Of course, he had very little chance to get their votes to begin with and blamed them for the industry's woes rather than the unions where he was able to get votes.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #92
LuisSF
Major
LuisSF's Avatar
25
Rep
1,471
Posts

 
Drives: '13 128i 6mt m-sport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Ok, he gets credit for beating up auto execs to their face. Of course, he had very little chance to get their votes to begin with and blamed them for the industry's woes rather than the unions where he was able to get votes.
And he told people he agree with the gas tax holiday - and he arguably won big on that.
__________________
Would rather take the bus than drive an automatic.
2013 BMW 128i 6MT MGM/CR. M-sport/Premium/Cold, HK, Xenons, Fineline trim, Security System, BMW Assist, BMW SSK and PE. European Delivery 7-12-2013.
SOLD: 2007 BMW 328xi 6MT BSM/Terra
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...future+classic
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #93
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
lyndon_h's Avatar
20
Rep
1,920
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Ok, he gets credit for beating up auto execs to their face. Of course, he had very little chance to get their votes to begin with and blamed them for the industry's woes rather than the unions where he was able to get votes.
Call it how you want, but he ended up getting the endorsement of the UAW.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 08:01 PM   #94
ganeil
Colonel
ganeil's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,050
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
Call it how you want, but he ended up getting the endorsement of the UAW.
So it wasn't a very courageous stand to take.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 01:52 AM   #95
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,117
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #96
fedinand
Major
fedinand's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,271
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
So it wasn't a very courageous stand to take.
That was supposed to be Hillary's hard working base...continue to slight Obama its OK....its all coming together now. You know how potentially (likely) disastrous this election will be for you Repubs. The desperation is already starting w/ Huckabee joking about Obama getting assassinated to the NRA (of all places) and Bush bringing up images of Nazi tanks rolling in while giving a speech to the Knesset while in Israel....that was real subtle..

Last edited by fedinand; 05-17-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #97
fedinand
Major
fedinand's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,271
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN

iTrader: (6)

This is what Dick Morris (I never thought I'd be linking Pat Buchanan and Dick Morris in one week) thinks about the upcoming election(s):
http://www.newsmax.com/morris/gop_jo.../22/98171.html
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #98
flyinb501
Lieutenant
14
Rep
551
Posts

 
Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Back on topic. McCain rejected Hagee's endorsement the other day after learning of all the offensive comments.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #99
fedinand
Major
fedinand's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,271
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Back on topic. McCain rejected Hagee's endorsement the other day after learning of all the offensive comments.
It was actually after the Hitler comment - he know of the other ones, but didn't reject the endorsement until that comment. At least he is consistently flip flopping.
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com...ves/15227.html
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #100
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
lyndon_h's Avatar
20
Rep
1,920
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

iTrader: (2)

No kidding. If i knew about the comments, you can be sure that McCain knew of the comments. And if he and his advisors didnt know if the comments, he should automatically be disqualified from running from president because they were all in the news.

The odd thing is, why hasn't the MSM run with the Hagee story? Is he not as scary because he is white, even though he said MUCH worse things than Wright? I'm not looking for knee jerk responses, but I'm really interested in hearing intelligen reasons why the Hagee story is didnt get 1/10 of the coverage that the Wright story even though the things that Wright said were much less offensive.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #101
fedinand
Major
fedinand's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,271
Posts

 
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
No kidding. If i knew about the comments, you can be sure that McCain knew of the comments. And if he and his advisors didnt know if the comments, he should automatically be disqualified from running from president because they were all in the news.

The odd thing is, why hasn't the MSM run with the Hagee story? Is he not as scary because he is white, even though he said MUCH worse things than Wright? I'm not looking for knee jerk responses, but I'm really interested in hearing intelligen reasons why the Hagee story is didnt get 1/10 of the coverage that the Wright story even though the things that Wright said were much less offensive.
This is the best comment I have seen for that very phenomenon so far:
http://www.diversityinc.com/public/3459.cfm
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #102
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Negotiator's Avatar
Ukraine
9
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

iTrader: (0)

I don't think his associations during the election are of consequence, just like I didn't believe Wright had anything to do with Obama's views. Unfortunately, this is the "fuck you" comeback from Obama camp, and while understandable, it's certainly not of any real value.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 11:00 PM   #103
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
lyndon_h's Avatar
20
Rep
1,920
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedinand View Post
This is the best comment I have seen for that very phenomenon so far:
http://www.diversityinc.com/public/3459.cfm
Thank you Fedinand, there are alot of true (IMO) points in that article.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST