BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Curbed

Took my car in for its first service at 800 miles. Even though car was showing 600 miles to go. When I went to pick it up today the dealer had pulled too far forward in the spot and bumped the curb! Curb rash on the lower lip of the bumper

They are fixing it, however.....should I have asked for more?
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
RealSanaii
Lieutenant
 
RealSanaii's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: US

Posts: 452
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to RealSanaii
ehh. which dealer is it?? Yes, you should ask for more. Even though its not noticable, its your baby!
__________________
I get it now... BMW FTW!
RealSanaii is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i dont understand why people think if dealer fucks up or theres something wrong with the car that they have the right to ask the dealer for more shit.

no just ask them to fix it, make sure there are no paint runs, and the color actually matches.
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
i dont understand why people think if dealer fucks up or theres something wrong with the car that they have the right to ask the dealer for more shit.

no just ask them to fix it, make sure there are no paint runs, and the color actually matches.

I personally never ask for more, I EXPECTED them to fix there mistake.

The thing that bothers me the most was that I called last night and asked for an after hours pick up so they moved the car to the front of the lot and thats when it happened. They person who moved it knew that they did it and probably hoped that I wouldnt notice the marks at night. Too bad I was only able to go back in the morning and saw it immediately.
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,868
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
sorry to hear the new.. hope all can be fix
Which dealership if I may ask?
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Passport
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorDee View Post
I personally never ask for more, I EXPECTED them to fix there mistake.

The thing that bothers me the most was that I called last night and asked for an after hours pick up so they moved the car to the front of the lot and thats when it happened. They person who moved it knew that they did it and probably hoped that I wouldnt notice the marks at night. Too bad I was only able to go back in the morning and saw it immediately.
dealsers are shady. as simple as datt
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
Davinhci
Colonel
 
Davinhci's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 2,473
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
just fix no more no less
__________________

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Davinhci is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
mdrobc13
Major
 
mdrobc13's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 BMW 550i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On a base somewhere near or afar!

Posts: 1,476
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorDee View Post
Passport
Oww..that's my dealer! Will likely be doing my 1200 mile service when my car comes in next month too. Who was your service team if I may ask? I am a long term customer with them..almost 8+ yrs so I'll have to talk with them about leaving my car as be and not using it as some advertising/recruiting tool! Was this at the new shop too or the old one?
__________________
'12 F10 550i (Dinan Stage 5, LSD, Intercoolers, CF Intake/Brace, Shockware, Springs, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, CF rear difuser, Giovanni "Lindo" Graphite 20" wheels)
'10 e71 X6 35iDrive SAV (Space Gray) - Gone
'06 e85 Z4 M Roadster (Black Metallic) -Gone
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone
mdrobc13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
Patricius
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Posts: 532
iTrader: (0)

Will it show up as repaired damage on a vehicle report? If so, expect resale to be slightly lower than one with no paint/body work.
Patricius is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Oww..that's my dealer! Will likely be doing my 1200 mile service when my car comes in next month too. Who was your service team if I may ask? I am a long term customer with them..almost 8+ yrs so I'll have to talk with them about leaving my car as be and not using it as some advertising/recruiting tool! Was this at the new shop too or the old one?
This was at the new shop
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #12
JuniorDee
Captain
 
JuniorDee's Avatar
 
Drives: the speed limit
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: the land of brat and brotchen

Posts: 610
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
Will it show up as repaired damage on a vehicle report? If so, expect resale to be slightly lower than one with no paint/body work.
It better not show up anywhere. Otherwise I will be trading it in at that dealership.
JuniorDee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #13
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Any reason why you took it in 600 miles early?
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST