BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
 
OverDrive's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,328
iTrader: (0)

Any of you guys have the comfort access?

I was checking out the M3 configurator on bmw.ca today and i didn't see the comfort access as an option or included in any of teh packages. So I looked through the standard features list and it wasn't there either.
So I was wondering if you guys kwith M3's have this option.
Oh also, there isn't any CF roof deletion option for teh E92's??

Its just my curiosity. M3 is way outta my league.
__________________
Current: 2013 E92 M3, 6MT, SSII on Fox Red Extended
Previous: 2008 E92 335xi, 6MT, AW on Saddle Brown
OverDrive is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
ronushi
Private
 
ronushi's Avatar
 
Drives: like a maniac
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yonkers/Bronx, New York

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

It should be there maybe you didn't see it... I think it's in the Technology Package... *** Comfort Access System *** if im correct thats what it says
ronushi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
schnell325
Bored at work....
 
schnell325's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (5)

I have comfort access (VERY nice) and it is standard on M3's.....CF delete is done via ordering the no charge moonroof.
__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
schnell325 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,711
iTrader: (0)

My car has the CA and I think it was standard,but I do have the executive & M-Drive packages.I also have the sunroof instead of the silly C-F roof.I do not see the point of trying to save 40+lbs oweight on a 3700lb car when you have all the luxury stuff like the nav,power seats and upgraded sound systems.If it was a CSL that would be a different story!
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
m3tor
Private First Class
 
m3tor's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 166
iTrader: (1)

Comfort Access is standard on Canadian cars. I thought it was a useless feature before I bought the car but its growing on me! I prefer the look of the carbon fibre roof although I agree the weight savings are largely pointless.
__________________
2015 F82 M4, Alpine White / Black
2012 E92 M3 ZCP, Alpine White / Black, M-DCT - RIP
2008 E92 M3 Silverstone / Black, 6 speed, ZCP wheels, Dinan exhaust, software, airbox & Stage 1 suspension - SOLD
2002 E46 M3 Carbon Black / Imola Red, 6 speed, 19s - SOLD
m3tor is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,711
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tor View Post
Comfort Access is standard on Canadian cars. I thought it was a useless feature before I bought the car but its growing on me! I prefer the look of the carbon fibre roof although I agree the weight savings are largely pointless.
I have C-F stuff on my bike and it does nothing for me in the looks department,but I might be in the minority on this
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
goldminer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 453
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
My car has the CA and I think it was standard,but I do have the executive & M-Drive packages.I also have the sunroof instead of the silly C-F roof.I do not see the point of trying to save 40+lbs oweight on a 3700lb car when you have all the luxury stuff like the nav,power seats and upgraded sound systems.If it was a CSL that would be a different story!

I would get the CF roof to get the extra headroom in the car. I am 6'4" and I brush the roff in an E92 335.
goldminer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
goldminer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 453
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
I was checking out the M3 configurator on bmw.ca today and i didn't see the comfort access as an option or included in any of teh packages. So I looked through the standard features list and it wasn't there either.
So I was wondering if you guys kwith M3's have this option.
Oh also, there isn't any CF roof deletion option for teh E92's??

Its just my curiosity. M3 is way outta my league.
I used the Candian configurator the other day and CA showed up on the list of standard features I was shown. I think it is buried deep in the list though.
goldminer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
jym3
New Member
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

I think it depends on how important handling is to you. 40lb on the roof probably is equivalent to 100lb closer to ground weight as far a lateral acceleration and slalom is concerned.
jym3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,711
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jym3 View Post
I think it depends on how important handling is to you. 40lb on the roof probably is equivalent to 100lb closer to ground weight as far a lateral acceleration and slalom is concerned.
Handling is one of the most important things in my world,but I would place money that on a 2 minute lap(everything else being equal)I do not feel there would be any diffence in times between a s/r & a c/r car.We are not talking a F1 car where 8 lbs can be the difference between pole & second row in qualifying but a 3700lb street car!I have lightened race cars in the past and unless you are taking out signifigant weight(3-400 lbs)the gains are quite small and yes the slightly higher C of G has more affect than being low in the car.I think the real thing is if you want a sunroof or the C/F roof not performance!
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #11
jym3
New Member
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

True! That's why Robert Kubica lost about 13 lbs of body weight, and that allows the team to redistribute the weight around the car, specifically toward the ground level, to get a better balance of the car.
jym3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
m3tor
Private First Class
 
m3tor's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Posts: 166
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I have C-F stuff on my bike and it does nothing for me in the looks department,but I might be in the minority on this
This is my first carbon fibre-wearing vehicle so the novelty hasn't worn off yet - I even got the carbon fibre-look leather too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jym3 View Post
True! That's why Robert Kubica lost about 13 lbs of body weight, and that allows the team to redistribute the weight around the car, specifically toward the ground level, to get a better balance of the car.
Maybe that's why Kubica is cleaning Heidfeld's clock these days !!!
__________________
2015 F82 M4, Alpine White / Black
2012 E92 M3 ZCP, Alpine White / Black, M-DCT - RIP
2008 E92 M3 Silverstone / Black, 6 speed, ZCP wheels, Dinan exhaust, software, airbox & Stage 1 suspension - SOLD
2002 E46 M3 Carbon Black / Imola Red, 6 speed, 19s - SOLD
m3tor is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #13
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,711
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tor View Post
This is my first carbon fibre-wearing vehicle so the novelty hasn't worn off yet - I even got the carbon fibre-look leather too



Maybe that's why Kubica is cleaning Heidfeld's clock these days !!!
Well I did get the Carbon leather trim and yes I am glad I did!Kubica is just cleaning Heidfelds clock because he is just plain quicker.He is good!
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
schnell325
Bored at work....
 
schnell325's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (5)

Carbon leather trim is sweeeet.
__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
schnell325 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST