BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Mtrack
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
bmwprince4life
Captain
 
bmwprince4life's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: none

Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)

Angry CA gives me info for DCT M3 plz plz help....

Ok. basically I call sales manager at my dealer he didnt answer and i left him voicemail.then my CA calls me on my cell in regards to the message i left the sales manager. I asked saying that BMWUSA telling me wk18 build maybe thru 24 and you guys told me wk 24 so which is it. He said looking at m3 report bmw said I either have to remove 19s or DCT to get it in april/may production and he said knowing me I want both he left it and wont start production till wk 24 and estimated delivery until AUGUST! thats horrible and unbelievable!!? I placed order on 7th april and dealers slot was placed on 3/26/08. From 26th till 9th of june is almost 3 months plus just for production to start.That doesnt sound right to me at all. Plz any info?who should i believe. some bmw reps keep telling me btwn 18 and 24.and dealer said just to be on safe side for me that its almost guaranteed build on 24 and the best hes seen at his dlr is 3 wk prior original schedule so for me earliest is 21st wk? what u think? Is this BS? give me the good news lol
__________________
none
bmwprince4life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
KKSigua
Forever Modding!
 
KKSigua's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JZB M3, M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,067
iTrader: (4)

I would expect the worse in which most of us at one point were at the 24th week and then got move back up. You'll know more by next week which is week 18. Worst case scenario is week 24 which is first or second week in June. Then expect 6 weeks from that time.
KKSigua is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
bmwprince4life
Captain
 
bmwprince4life's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: none

Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigua View Post
I would expect the worse in which most of us at one point were at the 24th week and then got move back up. You'll know more by next week which is week 18. Worst case scenario is week 24 which is first or second week in June. Then expect 6 weeks from that time.
thanks for the help
__________________
none
bmwprince4life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
ebschor
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 M3 (on order)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

My order was placed April 15 and is already in body shop. I have DCT, but 18" wheels.
ebschor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
KKSigua
Forever Modding!
 
KKSigua's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JZB M3, M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis

Posts: 1,067
iTrader: (4)

For what it's worth, most of us who are currently at week 19 ordered our M's in the month of February. So you can see how long the wait is. Unfortunately, you join the crowd like myself, who wants all the options and the best of the best. Don't worry before you know it , your M will be here.
KKSigua is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
Shade
Captain
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 AW F10 M5
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago / Hong Kong

Posts: 901
iTrader: (1)

bmwprince4life. I have similiar case before. My local nearest dealership didnt get allocation for couple months (i placed order on Jun 07), if i wait for the next allocation it will be June production and August delivery. So i called every dealership in my states and look for an allocation spot. Very fortunate, theres a buyer dropped out from their deal and the SA allow me to take his spot. so i got my M3 way earlier than expected.

So thats what i recommend, try calling couple dealership around you and hope they have a dropped buyer!
__________________


08 E92 M3 AW M-DCT

09 INDxRENN-SPEC Project GT-R
Shade is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
Jdebitjr
Second Lieutenant
 
Jdebitjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DFW, Texas

Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

I placed my order on 12/28/07 (accepted by system); and mine completed production on 4/1. I was delayed 5 weeks or so by 19" wheel delay in February.
Jdebitjr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
 
SHADY1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

Posts: 2,682
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Talking Dude you really need to relax its not really that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwprince4life View Post
Ok. basically I call sales manager at my dealer he didnt answer and i left him voicemail.then my CA calls me on my cell in regards to the message i left the sales manager. I asked saying that BMWUSA telling me wk18 build maybe thru 24 and you guys told me wk 24 so which is it. He said looking at m3 report bmw said I either have to remove 19s or DCT to get it in april/may production and he said knowing me I want both he left it and wont start production till wk 24 and estimated delivery until AUGUST! thats horrible and unbelievable!!? I placed order on 7th april and dealers slot was placed on 3/26/08. From 26th till 9th of june is almost 3 months plus just for production to start.That doesnt sound right to me at all. Plz any info?who should i believe. some bmw reps keep telling me btwn 18 and 24.and dealer said just to be on safe side for me that its almost guaranteed build on 24 and the best hes seen at his dlr is 3 wk prior original schedule so for me earliest is 21st wk? what u think? Is this BS? give me the good news lol
Dude do you really think you are that pissed . There are some people out here that ordered their M3 way before you and are no where near your production date and have to wait months longer in some cases a year or more. You should be glad !!! why that you are not a BMW Military car sales person. We may get a discount but at a really big cost and that is time and to be treated like a second class citizen or a red headed step child we are not even considered a priority when it comes to production we can't even track our status 1-800# every body and their grandmother pass us up BMW gets to us when they get around to it or should I say when they feel like it . Look at yourself for example you even passed me up Put yourself in my shoes for a minute. I ordered my M3 on 21 May 2007 $3000.00 down. I did not get a production date until 8 Feb 2008, My production date was 14 April 2008 2 days prior to production date 11 April 2008 I get a e-mail from BMW Military cars sales Your new production date is 16 June 2008 now how would you feel if you got a e-mail like this with no explanation, there was no we are sorry to inform you of such and such delay. Now at this point 16 June is over a year. Now add production time 1 wk then add 1 1/2 wks to get on a truck and get sent to the BMW military car sales dealer so they can do the final paper work on it which will take about another 1 1/2 wks then finally have it sent to the port by truck. 1-2 wks sitting at the port waiting on a ship to ship it to the States which will be California you can add on 4 wks to that slow boat trip. Add all that time together.... Now who do you really think has a real big reason to be pissed . If I get pushed back again its going to be even longer because in the month of AUG. BMW in Germany go on their vacation You may be pissed but in my eyes you are blessed enjoy your M3 when ever you get it I will still be here waiting playing the BMW delay game.
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

I put down my (1st) deposit in May 2005. That's almost 3 years. They're not building M-DKG sedans yet.

I'm gonna get a C63 then! Screw BMW!
__________________
2009 135i 6MT Euro Delivery 9/5/09
BMW Performance Power Kit - Exhaust - Short Shifter
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #10
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
 
SHADY1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

Posts: 2,682
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Talking Good call... some times you just have to move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
I put down my (1st) deposit in May 2005. That's almost 3 years. They're not building M-DKG sedans yet.

I'm gonna get a C63 then! Screw BMW!
Good for you guy at the rate I am going I might beat your 3 yr record enjoy your Merc.
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #11
seb
Private
 
seb's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-DCT - Lotus Esprit
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

There is hope out there....
I was just informed that my DCT-extended leather-19"wheels just went into production yesterday!!!!! I was in that week 19-24 scenario, and this caught me off guard. I was also #20 in the wait list here in Miami and was pushed up as others here have. For reference my order went into the system on March 10th for the dealers first May allocation. For anybody in The South Florida area, I seriously recommend these people (Mark Wang at Lauderdale Imports Pembroke Pines)
seb is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #12
Ken.T
Private First Class
 
Ken.T's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

I orded my M3 in 12/07, and be just built...still have to wait for at least 6~8 weeks to see my M...So I think you are not too bad...I know some one orded 6 months before me and still didn't get the car yet...
__________________
2008 E92 M3, Jerez Black, Fox Red, Brushed Aluminium Trim, Premium & Technology Package, 19" Wheels, Enhanced Premium Sound, Heated Front Seats, iPod and USB Adapter.
Ken.T is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #13
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E92 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,974
iTrader: (0)

"ordered" an M3 doesn't really mean anything. It's all about "allocation". You can have an M ordered for years, but until your dealer says they have allocation for you it means shit.
MDCTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #14
bmwprince4life
Captain
 
bmwprince4life's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: none

Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Dude do you really think you are that pissed . There are some people out here that ordered their M3 way before you and are no where near your production date and have to wait months longer in some cases a year or more. You should be glad !!! why that you are not a BMW Military car sales person. We may get a discount but at a really big cost and that is time and to be treated like a second class citizen or a red headed step child we are not even considered a priority when it comes to production we can't even track our status 1-800# every body and their grandmother pass us up BMW gets to us when they get around to it or should I say when they feel like it . Look at yourself for example you even passed me up Put yourself in my shoes for a minute. I ordered my M3 on 21 May 2007 $3000.00 down. I did not get a production date until 8 Feb 2008, My production date was 14 April 2008 2 days prior to production date 11 April 2008 I get a e-mail from BMW Military cars sales Your new production date is 16 June 2008 now how would you feel if you got a e-mail like this with no explanation, there was no we are sorry to inform you of such and such delay. Now at this point 16 June is over a year. Now add production time 1 wk then add 1 1/2 wks to get on a truck and get sent to the BMW military car sales dealer so they can do the final paper work on it which will take about another 1 1/2 wks then finally have it sent to the port by truck. 1-2 wks sitting at the port waiting on a ship to ship it to the States which will be California you can add on 4 wks to that slow boat trip. Add all that time together.... Now who do you really think has a real big reason to be pissed . If I get pushed back again its going to be even longer because in the month of AUG. BMW in Germany go on their vacation You may be pissed but in my eyes you are blessed enjoy your M3 when ever you get it I will still be here waiting playing the BMW delay game.
Honestly been waiting since 09/26/06 but i canceled my ordered at assael bmw cuz the want to charge me 5 grand over.
so i have been waiting forever too. and it was all of a sudden change in april
__________________
none
bmwprince4life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
Keto
Major
 
Keto's Avatar
 
Drives: 550i M-sport AW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N'awlins

Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

Here are some Valiums for everyone.





I was week 19 when I placed the order, then week 24, then moved back up. When the supply comes in you will move up. OTOH, you could go 18's and get aftermarket, but that's more money.
__________________
'11 550i, but it's too big for me
Prev: '08 E92 M3, '04 E46 M3
On Order: 2015 F80 M3
Keto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #16
nMd
Chick
 
nMd's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 141
iTrader: (0)

Idk what kind of luck I had but I walked into my dealership in january and got my car two weeks ago... Then again I didnt order DCT... Its weird how they push allocations around so far without explanation. Its like BMW is asking their customers to buy a competitor's car.
__________________
~ Natalia ~

my photography
nMd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #17
Davinhci
Colonel
 
Davinhci's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
this really sux i hope you guys get your cars soon.
__________________

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Davinhci is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #18
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
 
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
 
Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 1,285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Good for you guy at the rate I am going I might beat your 3 yr record enjoy your Merc.
I'm kidding -- at least until I test drive the C63. The Merc dealer called me yesterday and said he'd have one coming in that was available "within a month" ....

I love the M3 but it's probably best not to read the board while I wait. It kinda eats at me watching other people get their cars when "mine" is not even scheduled for production. I suppose I've always been the jealous type.
__________________
2009 135i 6MT Euro Delivery 9/5/09
BMW Performance Power Kit - Exhaust - Short Shifter
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2008, 01:19 AM   #19
bmwprince4life
Captain
 
bmwprince4life's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: none

Posts: 774
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
I'm kidding -- at least until I test drive the C63. The Merc dealer called me yesterday and said he'd have one coming in that was available "within a month" ....

I love the M3 but it's probably best not to read the board while I wait. It kinda eats at me watching other people get their cars when "mine" is not even scheduled for production. I suppose I've always been the jealous type.
Same here man i feel u lol
I hate this site till i get my baby
__________________
none
bmwprince4life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #20
valeram
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin, OH

Posts: 1,322
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Dude do you really think you are that pissed . There are some people out here that ordered their M3 way before you and are no where near your production date and have to wait months longer in some cases a year or more. You should be glad !!! why that you are not a BMW Military car sales person. We may get a discount but at a really big cost and that is time and to be treated like a second class citizen or a red headed step child we are not even considered a priority when it comes to production we can't even track our status 1-800# every body and their grandmother pass us up BMW gets to us when they get around to it or should I say when they feel like it . Look at yourself for example you even passed me up Put yourself in my shoes for a minute. I ordered my M3 on 21 May 2007 $3000.00 down. I did not get a production date until 8 Feb 2008, My production date was 14 April 2008 2 days prior to production date 11 April 2008 I get a e-mail from BMW Military cars sales Your new production date is 16 June 2008 now how would you feel if you got a e-mail like this with no explanation, there was no we are sorry to inform you of such and such delay. Now at this point 16 June is over a year. Now add production time 1 wk then add 1 1/2 wks to get on a truck and get sent to the BMW military car sales dealer so they can do the final paper work on it which will take about another 1 1/2 wks then finally have it sent to the port by truck. 1-2 wks sitting at the port waiting on a ship to ship it to the States which will be California you can add on 4 wks to that slow boat trip. Add all that time together.... Now who do you really think has a real big reason to be pissed . If I get pushed back again its going to be even longer because in the month of AUG. BMW in Germany go on their vacation You may be pissed but in my eyes you are blessed enjoy your M3 when ever you get it I will still be here waiting playing the BMW delay game.
I salute you for your patience.
valeram is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST