BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

AC Schnitzer exhaust over $3,000?!?!!?

WTF?!?! I emailed an ACS authorized dealer just to see how much remus exhaust would cost with the ACS tips (Thats what ACS exhaust is right?) and he told me over $3000, this isn't even including shipping. I then asked if I could just buy the tips since the Remus exhaust costs less than $1500 and he said no. He is also claiming that ACS adds there own little "twists" to the Remus exhaust to give it an original sounds. WTF, I don't feel like paying another $1500 for their "sound". Anyone know where I can get some ACS tips?!?!

Here is the email...

Hello!

Thank you very much for your interest in AC Schnitzer products for your BMW M3.

Here is the information you requested,

* AC Schnitzer sport exhaust system, 1812 92335: $3,219.00 (ETA: 2-3 weeks)
* Airfreight fee of $100.00

If you would like a shipping quote, please provide a shipping method and a zip code.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you very much for your interest in AC Schnitzer.

Best regards,


And....

Hello!

Yes and No. The AC Schnitzer rear muffler is produced by Remus but AC Schnitzer designs their own style and gives it the specific exhaust note.

Unfortunately, the AC Schnitzer sport tips are not offered sold separately for the M3 vehicle.
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
From what I'm discovering, $3000 is a bargain. The new Amuse Ericsson exhaust is $11,500.

/PG
But all they are doing is taking the $1500 remus exhaust and selling it for $3k.
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,496
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
WTF?!?! I emailed an ACS authorized dealer just to see how much remus exhaust would cost with the ACS tips (Thats what ACS exhaust is right?) and he told me over $3000, this isn't even including shipping. I then asked if I could just buy the tips since the Remus exhaust costs less than $1500 and he said no. He is also claiming that ACS adds there own little "twists" to the Remus exhaust to give it an original sounds. WTF, I don't feel like paying another $1500 for their "sound". Anyone know where I can get some ACS tips?!?!

Here is the email...

Hello!

Thank you very much for your interest in AC Schnitzer products for your BMW M3.

Here is the information you requested,

* AC Schnitzer sport exhaust system, 1812 92335: $3,219.00 (ETA: 2-3 weeks)
* Airfreight fee of $100.00

If you would like a shipping quote, please provide a shipping method and a zip code.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you very much for your interest in AC Schnitzer.

Best regards,


And....

Hello!

Yes and No. The AC Schnitzer rear muffler is produced by Remus but AC Schnitzer designs their own style and gives it the specific exhaust note.

Unfortunately, the AC Schnitzer sport tips are not offered sold separately for the M3 vehicle.
The $3k range seems to be the zone for the E92. Eisenmann is in their, too. That's twice what the similar E46 M3 sytems were 5 years ago. Me, I'm going for sound more than looks.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 04-25-2008 at 11:28 AM.
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
From what I'm discovering, $3000 is a bargain. The new Amuse Ericsson exhaust is $11,500.

/PG
One is a steel catback system, the other one the entire exhaust system in titanium. They sure won't cost the same.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
Ryan(e92)
Captain
 
Drives: SG M6 coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Newport Beach

Posts: 704
iTrader: (6)

welcome to M3 world. No discounts anymore. 3k for an exhaust really isnt that bad. 11,500 for that crazy Amuse erricson is sorta out of control.
Ryan(e92) is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,170
iTrader: (19)

Sorry to spam your thread but our Eisenmann system is under $3000 and we offer free install for local guys. Pm me for more info
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,642
iTrader: (4)

I actually prefer the Remus tips....

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
But all they are doing is taking the $1500 remus exhaust and selling it for $3k.
Mate, read my post when I test drove the new M3 that was fitted with a list of Schnitzer gear.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=22

I personally had issues with the exhaust, among other things.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST