BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #23
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Jinxter's Avatar
14
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Did you order the E55 AMG or the wheels? lol!
lol the wheels..I ordered the wheels..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #24
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
lol the wheels..I ordered the wheels..
I like them? What size? What tires sizes are you going to put on there?
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #25
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Any luck on selling either or both the wheels & tires yet?
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #26
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Jinxter's Avatar
14
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
I like them? What size? What tires sizes are you going to put on there?
well let me explain what I got and what I ordered.

My friend had 2 8.5x19 from his previous car. He ended up just giving me them over 2 years ago and they have been sitting around. I use to have the e46 M3 so I was going to order 2 for the rear but I never got around to it. Basically I jstu got off my ass and finally ordered.

I went with 10x19 for the rear.

I will most likley be going with 245 for the front and 275 for the rear maybe 285. Havent really decided.

But the 2 that I have on order and in my garage are both powder coated black centers.

I cant wait to see how it looks on the car though.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #27
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Jinxter's Avatar
14
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Any luck on selling either or both the wheels & tires yet?
I still have 2 people interested but still waiting payment from them on the first guy that I am dealing with. Suppost to have a answer today. If the first one buys and you are selling yours I will send my back up to you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #28
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
well let me explain what I got and what I ordered.

My friend had 2 8.5x19 from his previous car. He ended up just giving me them over 2 years ago and they have been sitting around. I use to have the e46 M3 so I was going to order 2 for the rear but I never got around to it. Basically I jstu got off my ass and finally ordered.

I went with 10x19 for the rear.

I will most likley be going with 245 for the front and 275 for the rear maybe 285. Havent really decided.

But the 2 that I have on order and in my garage are both powder coated black centers.

I cant wait to see how it looks on the car though.
Way to go! Does sound like the right thing to do. May want to go a bit wider in the rear, at least 285 I think, but nice, post pics as soon as you have everything put together.
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #29
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
I still have 2 people interested but still waiting payment from them on the first guy that I am dealing with. Suppost to have a answer today. If the first one buys and you are selling yours I will send my back up to you.
OIC & thx! Yes, I'm 100% sure I'm selling mine. The M3 won't be here until early June but I already ordered some wheels too. Mos def post some pics when you get the new wheels mounted.
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #30
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
I went with 10x19 for the rear.

I will most likley be going with 245 for the front and 275 for the rear maybe 285. Havent really decided.
When you say 275 & maybe 285, what size sidewalls are you going with? 30 or 35?

275/35 or 285/35 right? I'm leaning towards 275/35 since the wheels I'm getting are 19x10.5 (rears). You know, to retain the oem overall tire diameter close as as possible (26.3").
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #31
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
When you say 275 & maybe 285, what size sidewalls are you going with? 30 or 35?

275/35 or 285/35 right? I'm leaning towards 275/35 since the wheels I'm getting are 19x10.5 (rears).
If its a 10.5" wheel you should go 285/35 at least and as much as 295/30. Both will fit just fine, no rubbing etc... at all and will give you a tad more grip.
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #32
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Jinxter's Avatar
14
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
When you say 275 & maybe 285, what size sidewalls are you going with? 30 or 35?

275/35 or 285/35 right? I'm leaning towards 275/35 since the wheels I'm getting are 19x10.5 (rears). You know, to retain the oem overall tire diameter close as as possible (26.3").
well that is a good question as well. I'm not sure yet. I have a set of dummy tires right now that Iw ill throw on the HRE's that are 275/35. Thing is depending on how the car looks I might be lowering it with some H&R springs.

I also want to see what kind of clearence I will have before putting in the order but most likly I will go with 285/35 if I can fit them with H&R springs. But I dont think I will have any problems with that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #33
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
well that is a good question as well. I'm not sure yet. I have a set of dummy tires right now that Iw ill throw on the HRE's that are 275/35. Thing is depending on how the car looks I might be lowering it with some H&R springs.

I also want to see what kind of clearence I will have before putting in the order but most likly I will go with 285/35 if I can fit them with H&R springs. But I dont think I will have any problems with that.
H&R springs are perfect. Will be a nice drop and the 285/35 will look perfect.
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #34
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
If its a 10.5" wheel you should go 285/35 at least and as much as 295/30. Both will fit just fine, no rubbing etc... at all and will give you a tad more grip.
I'm trying to retain the oem overall (rear) tire diameter of 26.3" so the speedo is accurate. With that in mind, the 285/35 would have an OD of 26.9" & the 295/30 will have an OD of 26.0". Both of which IMO are no bueno but that's just me. On my old e46 M3, I had the same size rear wheels (19x10.5) & tires (275-series width). It looked a tad (but not by much) stretched but it didn't look weird/ghetto at all thus I'm sticking to that this time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
well that is a good question as well. I'm not sure yet. I have a set of dummy tires right now that Iw ill throw on the HRE's that are 275/35. Thing is depending on how the car looks I might be lowering it with some H&R springs.

I also want to see what kind of clearence I will have before putting in the order but most likly I will go with 285/35 if I can fit them with H&R springs. But I dont think I will have any problems with that.
Sounds good. Please post some pics of those dummy tires mounted if possible since that's the exact rear tire size I'll probably go with. I was thinking about going w/H&R springs too but I want more adjustibility when I get on the track so I'm leaning towards the KW v3's. The only problem is that they're boo-coo $$$.
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #35
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
GewoW's Avatar
Greece
69
Rep
3,839
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
what size would give a 26.3 diam? exact specs of tire...for say, a 19x10
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #36
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Jinxter's Avatar
14
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
I'm trying to retain the oem overall (rear) tire diameter of 26.3" so the speedo is accurate. With that in mind, the 285/35 would have an OD of 26.9" & the 295/30 will have an OD of 26.0". Both of which IMO are no bueno but that's just me. On my old e46 M3, I had the same size rear wheels (19x10.5) & tires (275-series width). It looked a tad (but not by much) stretched but it didn't look weird/ghetto at all thus I'm sticking to that this time as well.



Sounds good. Please post some pics of those dummy tires mounted if possible since that's the exact rear tire size I'll probably go with. I was thinking about going w/H&R springs too but I want more adjustibility when I get on the track so I'm leaning towards the KW v3's. The only problem is that they're boo-coo $$$.
I've been a H&R fan for all my M3's had them on the e36 and e46. never had any problems with them and loved how they felt. H&R have had a good history with M3's. Plus I am not that race intense for a bigger upgrade. all in all I think I go to the track like max 3 times a year. gonna try for more this year.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #37
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
I'm trying to retain the oem overall (rear) tire diameter of 26.3" so the speedo is accurate. With that in mind, the 285/35 would have an OD of 26.9" & the 295/30 will have an OD of 26.0". Both of which IMO are no bueno but that's just me. On my old e46 M3, I had the same size rear wheels (19x10.5) & tires (275-series width). It looked a tad (but not by much) stretched but it didn't look weird/ghetto at all thus I'm sticking to that this time as well.



Sounds good. Please post some pics of those dummy tires mounted if possible since that's the exact rear tire size I'll probably go with. I was thinking about going w/H&R springs too but I want more adjustibility when I get on the track so I'm leaning towards the KW v3's. The only problem is that they're boo-coo $$$.
Don't know where you get those diameters. The 19" wheel diameter alone is 24.13 cm and a 285/30 would give you an additional 8.55 cm for a total of 32.68cm. Stock would be 0.73cm higher. Plus I think the speedo is measured in the front tires.
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #38
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
what size would give a 26.3 diam? exact specs of tire...for say, a 19x10
For a 19x10 setup trying to retain 26.3" OD? Hmm, probably the closes thing would be either 275/35 (26.6") or 295/30 (26.0" - 26.1") just depending on how wide of a tire as well as how low (if you want to lower it) you wanna go. For more detailed info & explanation, here's a good read:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tirespecskey.jsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
I've been a H&R fan for all my M3's had them on the e36 and e46. never had any problems with them and loved how they felt. H&R have had a good history with M3's. Plus I am not that race intense for a bigger upgrade. all in all I think I go to the track like max 3 times a year. gonna try for more this year.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I think H&R is one of the better manufacturers out there for springs. It's just that I need more adjustibility on the track since I'm trying to go 6-8 times annually if not more. Now, if I never or rarely go on the track then I'd just get springs too. In fact, I have springs-only on my other car (Eibach pro-kit on an 08' Lexus IS350) w/no issues whatsoever & the ride's barely harsher.
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #39
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Jinxter's Avatar
14
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (0)

now the question is do I want H&R sports springs or H&R race springs

Sport lower 1.3F 1.2R
Race lower 2.0F 1.5R

decissions decissions....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 06:24 PM   #40
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
now the question is do I want H&R sports springs or H&R race springs

Sport lower 1.3F 1.2R
Race lower 2.0F 1.5R

decissions decissions....
I think Race is perfect as it drops the car and covers the space nicely w/o at all covering the tire (which I hate). My Breyton Springs drop the car by that same amount! Look at how it looks.
Attached Images
 
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #41
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Jinxter's Avatar
14
Rep
490
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (0)

SOLD

Rims are tires are offically sold. Thanks all for the replys
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #42
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Great!! Good to hear!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #43
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Rims are tires are offically sold. Thanks all for the replys
Congrats! Check your PM in a few mins.

Slightly off-topic: Mine are for sale too! Will have less than 10-20 miles total (to/from tire shop) when my M3 arrives in early-June for those that are interested. I'll post a for sale thread in a little bit.
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST