BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
ARQRAY
Exhaust Tuner ARQRAY
 
ARQRAY's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: JAPAN

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

E92 M3 Exhaust Diagrams

Here is the E92 M3 Stock Exhaust photo
Attached Images
  
ARQRAY is offline   Japan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
jtown
Lieutenant
 
jtown's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norcal

Posts: 596
iTrader: (0)

Nice. Imagine full titanium.
jtown is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Crappy design

Looks like you can do a Cat-back system only....

You cannot delete the secondary cats and resonator without using Mr. Sawzall.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Nice. BMW send out these sheets early to exhaust tuners? What do you have in the works?
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #5
jtown
Lieutenant
 
jtown's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norcal

Posts: 596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Nice. BMW send out these sheets early to exhaust tuners? What do you have in the works?
Is that all tuners get? Nothing with dimensions? Haha. If so mad props to tuners for getting fitment right.
jtown is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #6
M2002
Private First Class
 
M2002's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 330i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARQRAY View Post
Here is the E92 M3 Stock Exhaust photo
How soon after the release do you think we can see an exhaust upgrade?
M2002 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,940
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
That's standard ETK illustration...
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 07:33 AM   #8
ROTORHEAD77
DUSTOFF: ALL BALLS, NO GUNS!!!
 
ROTORHEAD77's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E90 M3 SG DCT '04 JDM FIT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mittel Franken

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Looks like you can do a Cat-back system only....

You cannot delete the secondary cats and resonator without using Mr. Sawzall.
I'm not seeing it. Where would you need Mr. Sawzall?

Reading this made me laugh, I was the first guy with a WRX to import and install a FMIC. I bought it in Japan understanding it was a bolt on modification. After about 3 hours with grinders and "Mr. Sawzall", it bolted on just fine!

With the exception of the HUGE muffler in the rear, the exhaust plumbing actually looks pretty effecient. We know for a fact that we will not need an exhaust manifold(s). That piece is a work of art.
ROTORHEAD77 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-31-2008, 07:41 AM   #9
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTORHEAD77 View Post
I'm not seeing it. Where would you need Mr. Sawzall?

Reading this made me laugh, I was the first guy with a WRX to import and install a FMIC. I bought it in Japan understanding it was a bolt on modification. After about 3 hours with grinders and "Mr. Sawzall", it bolted on just fine!

With the exception of the HUGE muffler in the rear, the exhaust plumbing actually looks pretty effecient. We know for a fact that we will not need an exhaust manifold(s). That piece is a work of art.

On the second diagram, it looks like the main X pipes have the primary cats, secondary cats and resonators all on solid pipe. You would have to Sawzall behind the primary cats (or you will get a CEL) for a "cat-back" exhaust system
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #10
ROTORHEAD77
DUSTOFF: ALL BALLS, NO GUNS!!!
 
ROTORHEAD77's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E90 M3 SG DCT '04 JDM FIT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mittel Franken

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Me thinks that a manifold back is the way to go, with metal catalysts of course! Thata way, there should be no cutting required. I am looking at the Ericsson/Power House Amuse Ti setup.
ROTORHEAD77 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 03:05 AM   #11
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
eclipsisNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,932
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
I want to see what GruppeM has up their sleeves. I had their titanium exhaust on my 05 M3. Scared the shit out of everyone I drove by.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
chompino
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 AW M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Posts: 374
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
I want to see what GruppeM has up their sleeves. I had their titanium exhaust on my 05 M3. Scared the shit out of everyone I drove by.
I am waiting for the GruppeM exhaust as well. A picture of their system was posted on 6speedonline, but I haven't been able to find any more information.
chompino is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #13
Ray33
Private First Class
 
Ray33's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ireland

Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompino View Post
I am waiting for the GruppeM exhaust as well. A picture of their system was posted on 6speedonline, but I haven't been able to find any more information.
Its €3,001 delivered to Ireland!!
Ray33 is offline   Ireland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #14
M-Maika
First Lieutenant
 
M-Maika's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 AW
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Barcelona ( Spain ) Porto ( Portugal )

Posts: 365
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTORHEAD77 View Post
Me thinks that a manifold back is the way to go, with metal catalysts of course! Thata way, there should be no cutting required. I am looking at the Ericsson/Power House Amuse Ti setup.
Yee, me two except i donīt like much of the price.
And Titanium is not very resistant to cracks ( thatīs what scares me the most ).
__________________
M3 E92 M-DKG and all the options available.
Forum BMW Portugal: http://www.forumbmwportugal.com
M-Maika is offline   Portugal
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2008, 01:50 AM   #15
sejoon85
Captain
 
sejoon85's Avatar
 
Drives: AW e92 m3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 683
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to sejoon85
Hey guys, I was planning to get some custom pipes made for my m3. Get rid of the secondary cats and the resonator and keep the oem axle back system.

Is that possible? Good or bad idea?

Thanks
sejoon85 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2008, 02:59 AM   #16
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 335i|E92
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lost

Posts: 1,685
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
the restriction looks mean off that first flange...
__________________
Life is Good
j|rz44 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #17
Blip Bavarian
salivator
 
Blip Bavarian's Avatar
 
Drives: 991 C2S & E30 LS1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: El Paso, Texas

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejoon85 View Post
Hey guys, I was planning to get some custom pipes made for my m3. Get rid of the secondary cats and the resonator and keep the oem axle back system.

Is that possible? Good or bad idea?

Thanks
i have been considering the same thing. I will probably go with the Supersprint cats and x pipe. Let me know if you end up doing this.
Blip Bavarian is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #18
Codelete
New Member
 
Codelete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 w/ Performance Package
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois, USA

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [5.00]
What is the part number for the 4 O2 sensors that go in the x-pipe? Mine are fried.
Codelete is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #19
WickedE93
Private First Class
 
Drives: White E93 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pico Rivera

Posts: 180
iTrader: (0)

Holy thread bump batman!!!
WickedE93 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST