BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
gorun
Lieutenant
 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

Posts: 514
iTrader: (0)

Talking Economic downturn+weak dollar= I'm gettin my AW E92 DCT three months early

I was meant to get my car in late July but I got a call from my dealer last week saying that I will be able to get an early April production date and have the car in May. Today he called again and told me that the car will be coming off the line tomorrow! I am getting 9% off too.

You can imagine my schock at the news, the guy wasnt sure exactly what is going on but told me that the financial crisis has hit the car market in Europe in '08 BIG! Car sales of all makes in Italy for example (mag article) have suffered badly in first quarter 08 with March being the worst with -18% compared to 2007. I can imagine the situation in the US being similar or worse.
gorun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
DonM3
Captain
 
Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

Posts: 629
iTrader: (1)

Congrats.

F**K the economy - whens delivery?
DonM3 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

thats great for you, I wish I was that lucky....
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Congrats!

What is the difference between list and dealer cost for the car in the UK? Here it is just 8% for the base E92 M3 excluding any taxes.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
xxruffdmxx
Private
 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ny/nj

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to xxruffdmxx
In my opinion, I do not believe that the economy has a big effect on customers who are buying BMWs, Benzes,Lexus',etc that are in the 60K or more range. I believe that bad economy has the worst effect on people who are "middle to lower class." The customers that buy cars in a high price range, usually have enough income and assets, and are not affected as much by the bad economy. M3, usually attracts buyers in that fall into the "wealthy" category. Just my opinion.
xxruffdmxx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
gorun
Lieutenant
 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

Posts: 514
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxruffdmxx View Post
In my opinion, I do not believe that the economy has a big effect on customers who are buying BMWs, Benzes,Lexus',etc that are in the 60K or more range. I believe that bad economy has the worst effect on people who are "middle to lower class." The customers that buy cars in a high price range, usually have enough income and assets, and are not affected as much by the bad economy. M3, usually attracts buyers in that fall into the "wealthy" category. Just my opinion.
I hear you but I wouldn't be getting the car earlier if you are right. BMW has trouble shifting the M3s and I am pretty sure that most premium manufacturers are having trouble selling their goods too. I am far from the thought that people that could afford it before cant any more. Its just that in times like these everyone gets a little more cautious. People count their penies more often. I also believe BMW maybe shafting some of their US orders because with the weak dollar they are getting exactly half per M3 as they would be in Europe
gorun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #7
gorun
Lieutenant
 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

Posts: 514
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM3 View Post
Congrats.

F**K the economy - whens delivery?
I hope in about 3 weeks time
gorun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #8
gorun
Lieutenant
 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

Posts: 514
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Congrats!

What is the difference between list and dealer cost for the car in the UK? Here it is just 8% for the base E92 M3 excluding any taxes.
I am not getting it in the UK but Bulgaria. Dealer tells me he is giving up all his profit (apparently 9%) cause our family are regular customers. He tells me he wants the sale in order to help reach a certain quota whereby they will be able to get 15% next year. I dont buy it 100% but 9% off is still good on a new model.
gorun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i blame bush.... for the M3 order

congrats
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #10
GT3 Tim
Moderator
 
GT3 Tim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,894
iTrader: (0)

That is VERY interesting........

MAYBE, just MAYBE, orders and sales have not been what was expected and they are now moving "ordered" cars up in production. Interesting.

Maybe I will get my M-DCT sedan with 19's sooner than later...we shall see!

Thanks for the info!
__________________
Tim (apparently likes "3" cars)
E90 M3 -- Current ride
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
GT3 Tim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
xxruffdmxx
Private
 
Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ny/nj

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to xxruffdmxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
I hear you but I wouldn't be getting the car earlier if you are right. BMW has trouble shifting the M3s and I am pretty sure that most premium manufacturers are having trouble selling their goods too. I am far from the thought that people that could afford it before cant any more. Its just that in times like these everyone gets a little more cautious. People count their penies more often. I also believe BMW maybe shafting some of their US orders because with the weak dollar they are getting exactly half per M3 as they would be in Europe
People are definitely counting their money in this poor economy. Not sure if your availability is simply due to the poor economy. I have been calling dealerships all around US to find an allocation for a car with DCT, so far none. There are plenty of 6mt cars available at MSRP, but all the DCT cars are spoken for. Also, the fact that people are willing to pay more for the DCT further shows that people who are buying a car in the 60K range or higher are none the less buying cars.

Another example is of the new Lexus LX (big SUV). They can't keep them on the lots, despite high price and ultra high gas prices.
xxruffdmxx is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
I am not getting it in the UK but Bulgaria. Dealer tells me he is giving up all his profit (apparently 9%) cause our family are regular customers. He tells me he wants the sale in order to help reach a certain quota whereby they will be able to get 15% next year. I dont buy it 100% but 9% off is still good on a new model.
Sorry. Not sure I why was thinking the UK. You've been given a great deal IMO.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #13
Davinhci
Colonel
 
Davinhci's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 2,474
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
no such deals for me you lucky butt. congrats
Davinhci is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST