BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Strasse Wheels

04-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
M3Rob212
Rep

Drives: E63

What should I do with my order thats missing two options I want?

Well the car wont have enhanced premium sound or the 19 wheels from what I see in the owners circle. My dealer called and said they cant change it or get another car into this slot. They said if I want to cancel and order again I wont see the car until end of the summer and that will not be cool. I just think this was a missunderstanding with my CA its not hisfault it was both of ours. I canceled the extended leather in place of the premium sound and 19 wheels but he must have put premium package instead it appears.

I am going to listen to the stock M3 system tom at the dealer to see how bad it is but after listening to my friends Logic 7 on his 335 i dont want a mediocre system in my car because i will be the one living with it for 2 years every day.

My options now are:
Keep the order as is and deal with it and possibly regret not getting what i want

Cancel and wait which means entire spring and summer i wont have a daily driver for vacations etc and this will not be cool.

Order a sedan in place of the coupe, however if i go he sedan route i rather get the M5, i want a coupe now I have a convertible for fun and I am tired of 4 door sedans unless it was the M5 or Maserati Sport GTS.

Find some way to swap with another order?

Issue is I am in process of turning in my daily driver soon and the timing is the issue for me and there are no other cars I am interested in.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
jtown
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: TBD

Keep it! Saves you $1.2k for the rims (you can go aftermarket or even buy the stock 19s off someone). Premium sound ... probably not THAT big a deal. Listen to a stock system asap and see if it's ok. Then make the call.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

IMHO, premium sound is a very nice option!!! Wheels I agree you can buy!! Hell, Ill sell you my OE 19s.
      04-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

IMHO, premium sound is a very nice option!!! Wheels I agree you can buy!! Hell, Ill sell you my OE 19s.
      04-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
BobbieBrighto
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 03 BMW M5

You know how the saying goes, the best things come to those who wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep

Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
I say get those options. I didnt like the base stereo at all.

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #7
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbieBrighto View Post
You know how the saying goes, the best things come to those who wait.
I hate this saying, rep from the OC 800 # said this and my reply was "I've been waiting long enough it can't get any better"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stranger View Post
I say get those options. I didnt like the base stereo at all.
but this means he has to wait longer, I say don't worry about both those options they are nice to have but not deal breakers especially the rims and once you put on one of your favorite songs the premium sound isn't either or just keep the thing off and listen to that V8 scream and the exhaust sing!!! All jokes aside don't cancel your order, but tell your CA that you don't blame him and that your not going to cancel your order but that you would like to be accommodated for the fact that your going to stick with your order...try to get @least 2k off.......let us know what you decide or if you get a better deal...

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car

Last edited by monsta; 04-02-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Rob212 View Post
Well the car wont have enhanced premium sound or the 19 wheels from what I see in the owners circle. My dealer called and said they cant change it or get another car into this slot. They said if I want to cancel and order again I wont see the car until end of the summer and that will not be cool. I just think this was a missunderstanding with my CA its not hisfault it was both of ours. I canceled the extended leather in place of the premium sound and 19 wheels but he must have put premium package instead it appears.

I am going to listen to the stock M3 system tom at the dealer to see how bad it is but after listening to my friends Logic 7 on his 335 i dont want a mediocre system in my car because i will be the one living with it for 2 years every day.

My options now are:
Keep the order as is and deal with it and possibly regret not getting what i want

Cancel and wait which means entire spring and summer i wont have a daily driver for vacations etc and this will not be cool.

Order a sedan in place of the coupe, however if i go he sedan route i rather get the M5, i want a coupe now I have a convertible for fun and I am tired of 4 door sedans unless it was the M5 or Maserati Sport GTS.

Find some way to swap with another order?

Issue is I am in process of turning in my daily driver soon and the timing is the issue for me and there are no other cars I am interested in.
19s never turn up on OC--your dealer confirmed they are not on the order? You can change an order until status 150, which is start of production. Get a Vehicle Inquiry report from you CA to confirm the options and production status.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
18s not so bad but the premium sound would be nice but not a must.
Appreciate 0