BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
trah23
Private First Class
10
Rep
158
Posts

 
Drives: infinity Q45, 08 corvette z06
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: sugarland, texas

iTrader: (0)

No, Mdrive or EDC, car still accelerate 0-60 4.6-4.7?

Well, not much to say here, since the title pretty much sums it up, if you dont get either option (and put DSC on off) will it still accelerate at the time BMW says or is it only if u do some adjustments on the Mdrive and EDC......

which would be completely stupid in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
OzStriker
Captain
OzStriker's Avatar
Australia
23
Rep
923
Posts

 
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to OzStriker
Soft EDC in theory will put more weight over the rear wheels allowing better traction.

I have not done any aggressive clutch dumping off the line, but even with smooth clutch let-out with a few revs MDM can be hit and miss between bogging down or spinning the tyres.

In real life, I suspect a good driver will make a much greater difference than DSC OFF/MDM and EDC or no EDC.

It is a tricky car to drive fast off the line, Chris Harris demonstrates this on one of his videos, when you think about it, its not a digital car like the GT-R. M-DCT will partially fix this I suspect.
__________________
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
It is a tricky car to drive fast off the line, Chris Harris demonstrates this on one of his videos, when you think about it, its not a digital car like the GT-R. M-DCT will partially fix this I suspect.
It's the reason why not to tackle an RS4 at the lights. You will get burned.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
127
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

its should hit 60 in 4.2 to 4.3 sec with or without the elect gizmoz.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
trah23
Private First Class
10
Rep
158
Posts

 
Drives: infinity Q45, 08 corvette z06
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: sugarland, texas

iTrader: (0)

Sayemthree i hope ur right man, have u actually read it somewhere or have some factual basis though? or anyone at that matter have any factual or some type of proof (for lack of a better word) that it can still hit the same 0-60 time?

Footie, i hope the M-DCT fixes the issure u were talking about, im not a avid racer or anything, but i still like to have some fun, and race some random shmo off the line here and there heh
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
skierman64
Brigadier General
skierman64's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,068
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by trah23 View Post
but i still like to have some fun, and race some random shmo off the line here and there heh
That's not the kind of racing this car is designed for.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
ersin
Brigadier General
ersin's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
4,068
Posts

 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trah23 View Post
Sayemthree i hope ur right man, have u actually read it somewhere or have some factual basis though? or anyone at that matter have any factual or some type of proof (for lack of a better word) that it can still hit the same 0-60 time?

Footie, i hope the M-DCT fixes the issure u were talking about, im not a avid racer or anything, but i still like to have some fun, and race some random shmo off the line here and there heh
Try googling Car and Driver and Road and Track on this. R&T got 4.1 secs in the coupe, C&D got 4.1 seconds in the sedan. May be flukes, but the fact that it has been produced at least twice lends some credence. In any case, being a RWD, 6MT car it depends very much of driver launching skill. DSC and EDC in the right settings can help the driver but a really good driver may not need these. I still believe that this is an honest low 4 second car to 60 and that the M-DCT transmission should be able to improve on this as well as make launches driver independent (providing the drivers aren't morons).
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
sayemthree
Brigadier General
sayemthree's Avatar
127
Rep
4,845
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Try googling Car and Driver and Road and Track on this. R&T got 4.1 secs in the coupe, C&D got 4.1 seconds in the sedan. May be flukes, but the fact that it has been produced at least twice lends some credence. In any case, being a RWD, 6MT car it depends very much of driver launching skill. DSC and EDC in the right settings can help the driver but a really good driver may not need these. I still believe that this is an honest low 4 second car to 60 and that the M-DCT transmission should be able to improve on this as well as make launches driver independent (providing the drivers aren't morons).
yup = what he said. ^
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #9
trah23
Private First Class
10
Rep
158
Posts

 
Drives: infinity Q45, 08 corvette z06
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: sugarland, texas

iTrader: (0)

skierman, i didnt solely pick this car because i thought it was a off the line drag racer, mainly i got it because i liked how it looks (inside and out) and also it wasnt to shabby of the line.

thanks for the info ersin and ur four words sayemthree lmao
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST