BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Credit card question

If you have a HSBC Mastercard and I'm wonder if you can pay your bill at another bank other than HSBC. I have nothing wrong with going to HSBC when another bank is closer.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Drives: Black E90

So what's that to do with politics or religion?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry, wrong forum. I hope the mods will move it to the Off-Topic Discussions Board.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
grumpybear
not afraid to call it like I see it
Rep

Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
If you have a HSBC Mastercard and I'm wonder if you can pay your bill at another bank other than HSBC. I have nothing wrong with going to HSBC when another bank is closer.
uh, have you heard on online bill pay?? Why even worry about where a bank is located??
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Erm, mail a check or pay online like everyone else? I didn't even realize you could pay in person for a credit card lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Quote:
Negative.

Online bill pay is the fastest, most convenient way.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #7
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzporter View Post
Negative.

Online bill pay is the fastest, most convenient way.
+1

Dont you have access to telephone banking? you could pay over the phone.

Or you could even set up a direct debit payment which basically means the payment is automatically made from your bank account each month. It's great for peace of mind.
      03-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #8
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

First and foremost, I don't trust online banking at all. You've heard of the today's virus/spyware that are capable of stealing account information and passwords, like a recent one that bypasses everything. I will never use online banking.

Has anyone even tried to paying a credit card bill in person with a different bank? Did they let you and did they charge extra fees?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Never paid in person before...

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #10
grumpybear
not afraid to call it like I see it
Rep

Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
First and foremost, I don't trust online banking at all. You've heard of the today's virus/spyware that are capable of stealing account information and passwords, like a recent one that bypasses everything. I will never use online banking.
wow....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Quote:

Has anyone even tried to paying a credit card bill in person with a different bank? Did they let you and did they charge extra fees?
You only get viruses if you're stupid or incredibly unlucky. Spyware only if you're stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #12
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Actually, I'm quite aware of viruses and spyware. I was actually a BETA tester for F-Prot in the early 90's. However, there are some new friggin' viruses and spyware that are so advanced that they can't be detected at all and F-Prot/F-Secure is aware that they are out there. I am just not taking chances.

FirstClass, I highly recommend downloading F-Secure Internet Security 2008 and run a complete scan on your system. It's the finest anti virus/spyware program ever made. They're made by the people who made F-Prot, and I highly recommend it. There is a high chance that it'll detect some virus or spyware on your system.

Let me tell you that I ran Adaware and Bazooka and they failed to detect many spyware on my Dad's laptop. F-Secure detected a lot that were missed by the Adaware and Bazooka.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #13
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Actually, I'm quite aware of viruses and spyware. I was actually a BETA tester for F-Prot in the early 90's. However, there are some new friggin' viruses and spyware that are so advanced that they can't be detected at all and F-Prot/F-Secure is aware that they are out there. I am just not taking chances.

FirstClass, I highly recommend downloading F-Secure Internet Security 2008 and run a complete scan on your system. It's the finest anti virus/spyware program ever made. They're made by the people who made F-Prot, and I highly recommend it. There is a high chance that it'll detect some virus or spyware on your system.

Let me tell you that I ran Adaware and Bazooka and they failed to detect many spyware on my Dad's laptop. F-Secure detected a lot that were missed by the Adaware and Bazooka.
Is it better than Norton? My PC is spyware free according to Norton.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #14
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Norton AV is a total joke!!! McAfee is a big joke too. However, Microsoft AV if anyone here remembers it, was the biggest joke of all! I've been testing Norton AV and McAfee since the early 90's and I can tell you that they haven't improved their products at all. F-Secure/F-Prot is the Ferrari of AV/Spyware scanners. F-Secure is made by F-Prot, and I do recommend F-Secure Internet Security 2008 as the choice for now.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

I have Spyware Doctor, FTW. It works good
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #16
CRZ410S
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 335i Vert

You can give me you payment. LOL
      04-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:

How old are you?

And you do realize anti spy ware stuff is crap.. It can only spot known items and updates are slow to hit them. Most of the time you will be infected and its too late.

Buy a Mac, and dont download crap from sites you dont know.. One of the things I hate about windows is the fact that you can write programs to auto install without the users permission or knowledge, OS X that doesnt happen.
Appreciate 0