BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

E92 Lighting

03-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
dangoma
Your Mom

Drives: 2008 M3

Sycamore Anthracite Wood Trim - PICS PLEASE

Does anyone have pictures of Syacamore Anthracite Wood Trim with the Black Novillo Interior. I am debating on what to get for the interior trim, and this is the only one that does not have good pics.
Thanks for everyones help.
dangoma is offline   United_States
      03-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
drvai
Major

Drives: E92 M3 AW

You need to search...

A few posts below there is a complete threat with photos.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...cite+Wood+Trim
drvai is offline   United_States
      03-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
dangoma
Your Mom

Thanks for the reply, BUT I was requesting Black Novillo Leather, everything in that post is Beige.
      03-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
BCMPOWER
Captain

Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangoma View Post
Thanks for the reply, BUT I was requesting Black Novillo Leather, everything in that post is Beige.
but here it is http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115706

same tread as drvai's but you didn't look far enough, page three has some with the black novillo leather. This is not a popular trim so not so many pictures of it. My car will have this combination Sycamore wood and novillo leather also So I am axious as you are to see how it looks on other cars.
      03-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
dangoma
Your Mom

Thanks for that, you are correct, I did not scroll the entire way down.

I am on the fence, so when you get yours, please post some pictures. I have some time to change it.
Thanks
      03-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
BCMPOWER
Captain

Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

Quote:

I am on the fence, so when you get yours, please post some pictures. I have some time to change it.
Thanks
It's hard to get an accurate picture of the color, It seems to vary according to exposure, lighting angle ect.. but I think the contrast between black and the trim will be nice.
      03-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
drvai
Major

Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:

Thanks
Don't worry. Just be aware that's it's a very variable color and pics won't get you the exact idea. You need to assume that the color will look brownish.

The thing is that it's neither black or brown, so for example if you want a fox red interior with black wood, you won't get the combo. The same problem with black interior/brown wood.

IMO, back interior looks nice (and sporty) with aluminum. If you want the all black look, then you will have to pick the carbon leather.
drvai is offline   United_States
      03-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #8
745nomore

Drives: e90 m3

No worries

I ordered extended black leather and sycamore anthracite in my e90 m3. I was also worried about how it would look and was ready to pass on the car if it looked like crap or really out of place in an m3. It is very dark (almost black) with just a hint of brown. It is much darker than it looks in any of the forum pictures. Looks great. If you're going for the GT look and feel, this is the perfect choice.

At the risk of getting flamed - the m3 is a GT, not a sports car. If it has more than 2 seats, it ain't a sports car. Silver or carbon leather won't turn it into one. Besides, 295 Torque is freeking anemic for a sports car and the only dissapointment in the car. Never-the-less, I love the car.
      03-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #9
par4bmw
Lieutenant

Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 745nomore View Post
I ordered extended black leather and sycamore anthracite in my e90 m3. I was also worried about how it would look and was ready to pass on the car if it looked like crap or really out of place in an m3. It is very dark (almost black) with just a hint of brown. It is much darker than it looks in any of the forum pictures. Looks great. If you're going for the GT look and feel, this is the perfect choice.

At the risk of getting flamed - the m3 is a GT, not a sports car. If it has more than 2 seats, it ain't a sports car. Silver or carbon leather won't turn it into one. Besides, 295 Torque is freeking anemic for a sports car and the only dissapointment in the car. Never-the-less, I love the car.
In an e90, I could see it working. Would not be my choice, but if you are trying for a classier, GT look it would work. On a coupe with CF roof i just could not see that working.
      03-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #10
JPH
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I have mentioned this in other forums but, the wood IS paintable, as is the aluminum. I ordered FR + SA and if I hate it I am going to take the wood off and paint it the body color (SG) or piano black. There are always options.

Also +1 on the GT comments. It is a GT car. I still don't see how power seats, nav/tech pkg., heated seats and a few other options somehow "retain" the sports car appeal but that wood would kill this appeal.
JPH is offline   United_States