BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #23
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
NO WAY!!!!!!!!! 24 months will be at least 1400

66 residual man, do the math!

Edit: i did the math for a 65k car based on those figures. the payment is 1314 including tax for 24 months
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #24
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

^ mantis is right... and, if your car is 70k, add a little more.
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
$1300-$1400 a month? Is that going to be your only bill?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #26
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

^ Was that rhetorical or were you asking someone?
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #27
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
^ Was that rhetorical or were you asking someone?
i wanted to ask the same question, then i thought he'll me or something

in any case 13-1400 on M3 is rather ridiculous for that car. you can finance the car and get a 1400 payment with the same minimal down.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:07 PM   #28
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
^ Was that rhetorical or were you asking someone?
Whoever would like to answer.
Just seems people are INSANELY strecthing to get the "hot, new thing".
Just wondering if this will be someone's only bill. i.e. living with parents, etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #29
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Whoever would like to answer.
Just seems people are INSANELY strecthing to get the "hot, new thing".
Just wondering if this will be someone's only bill. i.e. living with parents, etc.
agreed. it's ridiculous to pay that much for a car, especially if it's a 3 series, regardless how tempting/hot it is.
i have a budget of 1700 for a car, but not willing to pay over 1100 for this particular car.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #30
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
i wanted to ask the same question, then i thought he'll me or something

in any case 13-1400 on M3 is rather ridiculous for that car. you can finance the car and get a 1400 payment with the same minimal down.
Depending on one's situation it may not be... it's all relative.

It's not so ridiculous if you're only going to keep the car for 1-2 yrs.

$0 down

No hit on depreciation at the end.

No time spent on finding & negotiating w/ a buyer.

If someone is already spending say 30k a month, another $1500 tax-deductible expense isn't as critical as it would be for a person who may only have a budget of 10k per mo.
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #31
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
Depending on one's situation it may not be... it's all relative.

It's not so ridiculous if you're only going to keep the car for 1-2 yrs.

$0 down

No hit on depreciation at the end.

No time spent on finding & negotiating w/ a buyer.

If someone is already spending say 30k a month, another $1500 tax-deductible expense isn't as critical as it would be for a person who may only have a budget of 10k per mo.
spending 30k doesnt justify spending extra cash on something that's not worth the extra cash. if it's worth 1000 why pay 1500?

but ur right, it all depends
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #32
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
...if it's worth 1000 why pay 1500?
^ not sure what you mean here. "The car is still worth the same"

As you already know, the mo. payment will vary depending on term, dwnpymnt, allwd mileage, credit history, etc...

Quote:
...spending 30k doesnt justify spending extra cash on something that's not worth the extra cash.
^ I agree with you on principle here, but let me also repeat what I have said in the past, This is not a rational purchase to begin with...I don't NEED this car, I want it...
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #33
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
^ not sure what you mean here. "The car is still worth the same"

As you already know, the mo. payment will vary depending on term, dwnpymnt, allwd mileage, credit history, etc...


^ I agree with you on principle here, but let me also repeat what I have said in the past, This is not a rational purchase to begin with...I don't NEED this car, I want it...
i understand... assuming everything else fixed like down payment, and the rest of the terms.

it's a ridiculous analogy im going to use, but if a M5 and a M6's payment, having everything else fixed, with much higher sticker prices are around 1400 a month then the M3 is definitely not worth that much, again having everything else fixed...

regardless if it's M3, M5 or M47, a payment on a 70k "loan" or "lease" should not be 1500 a month for 3 years, putting no down
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #34
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post

it's a ridiculous analogy im going to use, but if a M5 and a M6's payment, having everything else fixed, with much higher sticker prices are around 1400 a month then the M3 is definitely not worth that much, again having everything else fixed...
No, I definitely hear you man. I remember a few years ago looking at CL65 lease assumptions, the payment was going to be between 1300-1800...not bad, for a $185,000 CAR though!

Quote:
regardless if it's M3, M5 or M47, a payment on a 70k "loan" or "lease" should not be 1500 a month for 3 years, putting no down
edit: ^ you mean two year, right?
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #35
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
No, I definitely hear you man. I remember a few years ago looking at CL65 lease assumptions, the payment was going to be between 1300-1800...not bad, for a $185,000 CAR though!
WOW!!!


ur leasing ur car? did u work out numbers with any party?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #36
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
ur leasing ur car? did u work out numbers with any party?
yes, 2 yr lease through BMWFS.

FYI- it's less than 1500...
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #37
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
yes, 2 yr lease through BMWFS.

FYI- it's less than 1500...
i know it's less. for my car @ 67k MSRP the payment is 1355 with 0 down.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #38
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

^ how many miles & mo's?
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #39
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
^ how many miles & mo's?
oh sorry.. 12k miles 24 month lease based on .66 residual, 0.00275 MF
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #40
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

^

...Through BMWFS?
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #41
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
^

...Through BMWFS?
yes. what were you quoted?

btw little birdie told me someone is getting H&R springs on the new SSII

that same birdie is making me get them too
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #42
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
yes. what were you quoted?

btw little birdie told me someone is getting H&R springs on the new SSII

that same birdie is making me get them too
No, that makes sense...as a rule of thumb, every additional $1000 adds almost ~$100 to your payment.

YES! I need to order those like right now to have them here in time for an immediate drop! Yours will be dropped immediately as well, right?

nice! your shocks will be fine, trust me...
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 06:03 PM   #43
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
No, that makes sense...as a rule of thumb, every additional $1000 adds almost ~$100 to your payment.

YES! I need to order those like right now to have them here in time for an immediate drop! Yours will be dropped immediately as well, right?

nice! your shocks will be fine, trust me...
LOL birdie told u im concerned about my shocks and EDC??
no mine will not get an immediate drop, because the drop's ETA is 6-8 weeks.

my car's gonna look funny with 19's hahaha 4x4 M3 version
oh and i told birdie tran, i meand the birdie that if i dont like the ride quality im taking them off and sticking to 4x4
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #44
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,820
Posts

 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
oh and i told birdie tran, i meand the birdie that if i dont like the ride quality im taking them off and sticking to 4x4


No you will not.

Geoff: (OP) Sorry I you here for a bit...

Back OT...

Credit Unions kick ass!
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST