BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #23
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
 
STE92VE's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 6,260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
Dont believe in the Goodness of God.. Fine, go watch some occultic movies and shit and see how quickly you become a believer in a force and existence much greater than this stupid little earth our our speck brains in the grand picture of the Universe.. we are Nothing down here..
Live long and prosper.....
__________________
2007 E92 328i 6MT-Space Gray/Black Dakota/Gray Poplar w/heated seats-PCD 4/27/07 (SOLD)
2009 E90 328i xDrive 6AT-Space Gray/Oyster Dakota/Dark Burl Walnut w/ZPP,ZCW,Xenons-ED 4/17/09 - Redelivery 5/30/09 (SOLD)
2014 E84 xDrive28i 8AT-Alpine White/Black Nevada/Silver Matte w/ZMV,ZLP,494 - DD 3/14/14

STE92VE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #24
e90im
Brigadier General
 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 3,030
iTrader: (8)

Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #25
ShiraiwaRiku
Baby Driver
 
ShiraiwaRiku's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330xi
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
Did everyone just forget that Jesus was real, the event happened, and that even in the Old Testament thing which were foretold about Jesus's coming came true, not to mention He was sent to us as Blatant Proof.. I mean jeez what does society need.. a wakeup call to Gods presence every 1000 years? It should be quite obvious by now..

Dont believe in the Goodness of God.. Fine, go watch some occultic movies and shit and see how quickly you become a believer in a force and existence much greater than this stupid little earth our our speck brains in the grand picture of the Universe.. we are Nothing down here..
Amen..
__________________
Alpine White | Navigation | Premium | Osram HID 6000K Headlight, Foglight | LED Blackline | M-Tech Steering Wheel, Rear Bumper | AC Schnitzer Pedals, E-Brake, Decklid, Rooftop, Front Spoiler, Side Skirt, Racing Spring | Tint 35/50 | DRL Disabled | Carbon Fiber Grill, Emblem | MTec 2.1 Halos | LED Interior Xenon | Painted Red Calipers | JleviSW LED Signals & Licence Plate Kit | Voltage Stabilizer | GruppeM Intake | Remus PowerSound Quad Exhaust | MorrVS8 with Bridegestone RE960
ShiraiwaRiku is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 06:22 AM   #26
rambino
Rape Your Car!
 
rambino's Avatar
 
Drives: 335ci
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
I'd guess that you would have a difficult time proving he was real if I asked you to.

The Old Testament was altered to make these predictions. It's even rather different from the Torah.

Also, a storybook is not blatant proof.

If it's so blatant, then prove it? "The Bible says so" is not an acceptable answer, because the Bible is a work of complete fiction, and you cannot prove otherwise.

WTH are "occultish movies and shit"? I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Also, the last part of your paragraph flies in the face of religion. Religion is all about NOT thinking about the universe. When you start looking at things on the grand scale, and scientifically, it quickly becomes clear that the Abrahamic religions are quite simply invalid as factual references to anything real.

Its not a Story Book.. Its a Historical book. The People are Real, Not made up. If you remove all the religion out of it, you still have historical rulers and figures who were involved in all these historically documented events of this time era..

I agree that not everything may be 100% factual in the Bible as it was written by man, but at the same time Comparing Jesus to Criss Angel is ridiculous. Criss angel has Camera effects and technology and let me say if the guy is really doing some of these things, well then guess what... it wouldnt suprise me if he had his power thru a dark or occultic force or if the man sold his soul to the devil.. Even Led Zepplin Aknowledges theyre involved in Satanic Rituals and Rites, they even talk about it thru there backward masking and there Runes they display.. Not to mention all there music hit top charts and yet if you Reallly look at them, they seem like people with empty sold souls.. ..

People are blind to the fact they only believe in the hard physical form of evidence and life.. This is not the case.. There are Thousands of documented Supernatural events and Miracles that have taken place over time, many like the One Jesus did in the Bible (He is God you know)....

Like i said, go watch some videos of possesed people, vodoo rituals, and people heavily involved in satanism.. One of the greatest tricks the devil ever managed was to convince people he didnt exist..

Our lives are Short, time goes fast, we are but nothing but little nano specs in this extremely great universe.. To think our little brains can comprehend and control everything is a joke.. Something cannot come from Nothing.. therefore there has always been and will always be something (God) People really forget that God is Good.. Its Positive thing, its an Invitation to true happiness, true light, Its being invited to be the best friend of existence.. How can so many people hate and deny something that is good..

I understand that religion is very mixed up in this day and age, wars, evils, corruption etc turn a lot of people away from belief, but if you go back to the origins and core of what a real relationship and life in God is, you will see only pure goodness and prosperity from this.. Family life stays together, immorality and violence diminishes, the soul is happy, life has meaning and purpose. Unfortunatley as humans we have tainted this. That is not to say that we cant still find that peace and wholesomeness thru a relationship with God.. It just means we have to do some real searching thru all the worldy mess weve made of it..

I myself am Catholic, yes many people feel this is a restrictive relgion, but its really not if you understand it.. The things the church teaches is meant to guard from falling into vices and corruptive ways of the world. For instance Sex before marriage isnt meant to say dont have sex, its meant to say.. use it in a manner which A. Brings about children, B. Creates a lasting Bond with the person you marry, C. Avoids immorality, infeldelity, cheating etc which leads to the breakup of family and divorces etc..... You see its rule is meant to keep people healthy and used in a proper manner and thru a relationship with God you have an even stronger bond and grow together rather than apart, free from the crap that the world sells and teachs which may be fun now, but in the end leaves you as a empty... Thats just one example.. Granted no one is perfect, i myslef am quite guilty of failing to comply to these things as well.. Thats what God forgiveness is for.. I do know however, that If i try to keep to my core values and base my life on these fundamentals I will ultimatley prosper in my life no matter how the outside world goes.. I already have.

I dare you to give God a chance, invite him in, ask for him to open up doors for you.. and you will see it will come about by itself.. it doesnt take you making a huge change or going on some pilgramige. Its just a matter of opening the door for the chance.. I party, I have girlfriends, I deo everything you do, I just try to base my decisions andŽkeep a relationship with God as a guideline to where I draw the line on things like Drugs, Cheating, Stealing, Immorality, etc... Ultimatley im a truely happy person with meaning on the inside.. Its not that hard.. God is Good.. you wont get burned.. (no pun intended)

Last edited by rambino; 03-19-2008 at 07:07 AM.
rambino is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #27
Negotiator
Lieutenant
 
Negotiator's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

This is sad beyond comprehension or expression...
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #28
rambino
Rape Your Car!
 
rambino's Avatar
 
Drives: 335ci
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
This is sad beyond comprehension or expression...
Its sad because you have no Comprehension nor expression.. Use your own brain for once.. Wake up and stop being so damn close minded to another existence outside of yourself. You wouldnt be posting here if you didnt have a deep desire inside to something greater than this short time on earth. Just remember, when your dead.. your dead FOREVER, I think that time is more important than the few years on this earth, I for one will be prepared whatever that may entitle, im not taking chances. Sure im far from perfect, but ill get there eventually..

Last edited by rambino; 03-19-2008 at 07:09 AM.
rambino is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #29
E82tt6
Colonel
 
E82tt6's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (0)

You basically failed to respond to anything in my post, and started talking about Satanic Cult tinfoil hat BS. I'm done here. Have a good one!



Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
Its not a Story Book.. Its a Historical book. The People are Real, Not made up. If you remove all the religion out of it, you still have historical rulers and figures who were involved in all these historically documented events of this time era..

I agree that not everything may be 100% factual in the Bible as it was written by man, but at the same time Comparing Jesus to Criss Angel is ridiculous. Criss angel has Camera effects and technology and let me say if the guy is really doing some of these things, well then guess what... it wouldnt suprise me if he had his power thru a dark or occultic force or if the man sold his soul to the devil.. Even Led Zepplin Aknowledges theyre involved in Satanic Rituals and Rites, they even talk about it thru there backward masking and there Runes they display.. Not to mention all there music hit top charts and yet if you Reallly look at them, they seem like people with empty sold souls.. ..

People are blind to the fact they only believe in the hard physical form of evidence and life.. This is not the case.. There are Thousands of documented Supernatural events and Miracles that have taken place over time, many like the One Jesus did in the Bible (He is God you know)....

Like i said, go watch some videos of possesed people, vodoo rituals, and people heavily involved in satanism.. One of the greatest tricks the devil ever managed was to convince people he didnt exist..

Our lives are Short, time goes fast, we are but nothing but little nano specs in this extremely great universe.. To think our little brains can comprehend and control everything is a joke.. Something cannot come from Nothing.. therefore there has always been and will always be something (God) People really forget that God is Good.. Its Positive thing, its an Invitation to true happiness, true light, Its being invited to be the best friend of existence.. How can so many people hate and deny something that is good..

I understand that religion is very mixed up in this day and age, wars, evils, corruption etc turn a lot of people away from belief, but if you go back to the origins and core of what a real relationship and life in God is, you will see only pure goodness and prosperity from this.. Family life stays together, immorality and violence diminishes, the soul is happy, life has meaning and purpose. Unfortunatley as humans we have tainted this. That is not to say that we cant still find that peace and wholesomeness thru a relationship with God.. It just means we have to do some real searching thru all the worldy mess weve made of it..

I myself am Catholic, yes many people feel this is a restrictive relgion, but its really not if you understand it.. The things the church teaches is meant to guard from falling into vices and corruptive ways of the world. For instance Sex before marriage isnt meant to say dont have sex, its meant to say.. use it in a manner which A. Brings about children, B. Creates a lasting Bond with the person you marry, C. Avoids immorality, infeldelity, cheating etc which leads to the breakup of family and divorces etc..... You see its rule is meant to keep people healthy and used in a proper manner and thru a relationship with God you have an even stronger bond and grow together rather than apart, free from the crap that the world sells and teachs which may be fun now, but in the end leaves you as a empty... Thats just one example.. Granted no one is perfect, i myslef am quite guilty of failing to comply to these things as well.. Thats what God forgiveness is for.. I do know however, that If i try to keep to my core values and base my life on these fundamentals I will ultimatley prosper in my life no matter how the outside world goes.. I already have.

I dare you to give God a chance, invite him in, ask for him to open up doors for you.. and you will see it will come about by itself.. it doesnt take you making a huge change or going on some pilgramige. Its just a matter of opening the door for the chance.. I party, I have girlfriends, I deo everything you do, I just try to base my decisions andŽkeep a relationship with God as a guideline to where I draw the line on things like Drugs, Cheating, Stealing, Immorality, etc... Ultimatley im a truely happy person with meaning on the inside.. Its not that hard.. God is Good.. you wont get burned.. (no pun intended)
E82tt6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #30
e90im
Brigadier General
 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 3,030
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
Its not a Story Book.. Its a Historical book. The People are Real, Not made up. If you remove all the religion out of it, you still have historical rulers and figures who were involved in all these historically documented events of this time era..

I agree that not everything may be 100% factual in the Bible as it was written by man, but at the same time Comparing Jesus to Criss Angel is ridiculous. Criss angel has Camera effects and technology and let me say if the guy is really doing some of these things, well then guess what... it wouldnt suprise me if he had his power thru a dark or occultic force or if the man sold his soul to the devil.. Even Led Zepplin Aknowledges theyre involved in Satanic Rituals and Rites, they even talk about it thru there backward masking and there Runes they display.. Not to mention all there music hit top charts and yet if you Reallly look at them, they seem like people with empty sold souls.. ..

People are blind to the fact they only believe in the hard physical form of evidence and life.. This is not the case.. There are Thousands of documented Supernatural events and Miracles that have taken place over time, many like the One Jesus did in the Bible (He is God you know)....

Like i said, go watch some videos of possesed people, vodoo rituals, and people heavily involved in satanism.. One of the greatest tricks the devil ever managed was to convince people he didnt exist..

Our lives are Short, time goes fast, we are but nothing but little nano specs in this extremely great universe.. To think our little brains can comprehend and control everything is a joke.. Something cannot come from Nothing.. therefore there has always been and will always be something (God) People really forget that God is Good.. Its Positive thing, its an Invitation to true happiness, true light, Its being invited to be the best friend of existence.. How can so many people hate and deny something that is good..

I understand that religion is very mixed up in this day and age, wars, evils, corruption etc turn a lot of people away from belief, but if you go back to the origins and core of what a real relationship and life in God is, you will see only pure goodness and prosperity from this.. Family life stays together, immorality and violence diminishes, the soul is happy, life has meaning and purpose. Unfortunatley as humans we have tainted this. That is not to say that we cant still find that peace and wholesomeness thru a relationship with God.. It just means we have to do some real searching thru all the worldy mess weve made of it..

I myself am Catholic, yes many people feel this is a restrictive relgion, but its really not if you understand it.. The things the church teaches is meant to guard from falling into vices and corruptive ways of the world. For instance Sex before marriage isnt meant to say dont have sex, its meant to say.. use it in a manner which A. Brings about children, B. Creates a lasting Bond with the person you marry, C. Avoids immorality, infeldelity, cheating etc which leads to the breakup of family and divorces etc..... You see its rule is meant to keep people healthy and used in a proper manner and thru a relationship with God you have an even stronger bond and grow together rather than apart, free from the crap that the world sells and teachs which may be fun now, but in the end leaves you as a empty... Thats just one example.. Granted no one is perfect, i myslef am quite guilty of failing to comply to these things as well.. Thats what God forgiveness is for.. I do know however, that If i try to keep to my core values and base my life on these fundamentals I will ultimatley prosper in my life no matter how the outside world goes.. I already have.

I dare you to give God a chance, invite him in, ask for him to open up doors for you.. and you will see it will come about by itself.. it doesnt take you making a huge change or going on some pilgramige. Its just a matter of opening the door for the chance.. I party, I have girlfriends, I deo everything you do, I just try to base my decisions andŽkeep a relationship with God as a guideline to where I draw the line on things like Drugs, Cheating, Stealing, Immorality, etc... Ultimatley im a truely happy person with meaning on the inside.. Its not that hard.. God is Good.. you wont get burned.. (no pun intended)
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #31
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
Its not a Story Book.. Its a Historical book. The People are Real, Not made up. If you remove all the religion out of it, you still have historical rulers and figures who were involved in all these historically documented events of this time era..

I agree that not everything may be 100% factual in the Bible as it was written by man, but at the same time Comparing Jesus to Criss Angel is ridiculous. Criss angel has Camera effects and technology and let me say if the guy is really doing some of these things, well then guess what... it wouldnt suprise me if he had his power thru a dark or occultic force or if the man sold his soul to the devil.. Even Led Zepplin Aknowledges theyre involved in Satanic Rituals and Rites, they even talk about it thru there backward masking and there Runes they display.. Not to mention all there music hit top charts and yet if you Reallly look at them, they seem like people with empty sold souls.. ..

People are blind to the fact they only believe in the hard physical form of evidence and life.. This is not the case.. There are Thousands of documented Supernatural events and Miracles that have taken place over time, many like the One Jesus did in the Bible (He is God you know)....

Like i said, go watch some videos of possesed people, vodoo rituals, and people heavily involved in satanism.. One of the greatest tricks the devil ever managed was to convince people he didnt exist..

Our lives are Short, time goes fast, we are but nothing but little nano specs in this extremely great universe.. To think our little brains can comprehend and control everything is a joke.. Something cannot come from Nothing.. therefore there has always been and will always be something (God) People really forget that God is Good.. Its Positive thing, its an Invitation to true happiness, true light, Its being invited to be the best friend of existence.. How can so many people hate and deny something that is good..

I understand that religion is very mixed up in this day and age, wars, evils, corruption etc turn a lot of people away from belief, but if you go back to the origins and core of what a real relationship and life in God is, you will see only pure goodness and prosperity from this.. Family life stays together, immorality and violence diminishes, the soul is happy, life has meaning and purpose. Unfortunatley as humans we have tainted this. That is not to say that we cant still find that peace and wholesomeness thru a relationship with God.. It just means we have to do some real searching thru all the worldy mess weve made of it..

I myself am Catholic, yes many people feel this is a restrictive relgion, but its really not if you understand it.. The things the church teaches is meant to guard from falling into vices and corruptive ways of the world. For instance Sex before marriage isnt meant to say dont have sex, its meant to say.. use it in a manner which A. Brings about children, B. Creates a lasting Bond with the person you marry, C. Avoids immorality, infeldelity, cheating etc which leads to the breakup of family and divorces etc..... You see its rule is meant to keep people healthy and used in a proper manner and thru a relationship with God you have an even stronger bond and grow together rather than apart, free from the crap that the world sells and teachs which may be fun now, but in the end leaves you as a empty... Thats just one example.. Granted no one is perfect, i myslef am quite guilty of failing to comply to these things as well.. Thats what God forgiveness is for.. I do know however, that If i try to keep to my core values and base my life on these fundamentals I will ultimatley prosper in my life no matter how the outside world goes.. I already have.

I dare you to give God a chance, invite him in, ask for him to open up doors for you.. and you will see it will come about by itself.. it doesnt take you making a huge change or going on some pilgramige. Its just a matter of opening the door for the chance.. I party, I have girlfriends, I deo everything you do, I just try to base my decisions andŽkeep a relationship with God as a guideline to where I draw the line on things like Drugs, Cheating, Stealing, Immorality, etc... Ultimatley im a truely happy person with meaning on the inside.. Its not that hard.. God is Good.. you wont get burned.. (no pun intended)
Nice writing...too bad makes absolutely no sense and shows nothing. All these lines to say -- NOTHING...
First of all, "some rebel" Jesus existed 2000 years ago and was a rebel against Romans at the time, and also a nice guy, known in his village. I can tell you the stories about 20 other people like that...
Romans saw him as a threat and we know the outcome. He was not the first or last that was executed that way by the Romans either...

Everything after that was NEVER proven and never will be as the event never occured. It was adopted as the event by the believers (Christians) and that is OK -- you (or I) may believe whatever we want. But to claim that something actually did happen and whatever was written in the Bible actually portrayed the event is ridiculous...

Bible in NO WAY is the history book. A History book is a book of proven facts, not ADOPTED beliefs.

And your last paragraph is absolutely not necessary and makes the whole post even more ridiculous. We all know af many poeple that did not invite "Him" to their lived and lived just fine.
We also know that a huge number of those so called "believers" are just behaving that way for a show...
Tell people that are suffering hard (usually the true and hard believers, too) how great God actually is...

You're a very confused person IMO, not because you believe in something I may not, but the way you express it and miss basic definitions that 10-year-old should understand better...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #32
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
This is sad beyond comprehension or expression...
lol, i actually thought about responding to those "points" he made which totally made no sense. But then i gave up, he cannot be cured.
ChineseGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2008, 10:16 PM   #33
Klepper1
Lieutenant
 
Klepper1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1M
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 449
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiraiwaRiku View Post
Life is all about God's grace..

that includes our beloved E90/E91/E92/E93 too!



In Him

Amen!

In Christ's Service
Klepper1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 07:44 AM   #34
rambino
Rape Your Car!
 
rambino's Avatar
 
Drives: 335ci
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 410
iTrader: (2)

E82tt6 "You basically failed to respond to anything in my post, and started talking about Satanic Cult tinfoil hat BS. I'm done here. Have a good one! "

I personally know people who have done occultic crap and have seen the outcomes of it.. Its not tinfoil. Im Miami people practice Santaria, I have seen this used in evil ways to change outcomes, I have a lot of proof behind Satanic worshipping as far as the supernatural effects of it.. This would take a while to explain as it was really upsetting



E90im "Sigh" Sigh at your blindness

Dr325i Its clear you have gotten your information from the Internet, Youtube Videos and from forums.. You need to take the time and do some real research yourself before you open your mouth and sound like such a moron quotiing anti-God propoganda with those outlandish claims.

God doesnt show Himself to people who Dont want want His presence in their lives..hence "Free Will" If you keep the door closed, then sure you can go thru life and never realise the reality behind your meek and therefore pointless existence.. Its when you Open the Door and give God a chance, youll quickly find yourself being lead in ways that will grow that relationship.. God Is good, so stop hating..

ChineseGuy Im assuming your an ABC, therefore your backround would have been on a different side of religion (buddhism?) and even more so being american im sure your family never even brought that into your life.. That being the case youve probably been raised without any belief in God. Sad to say, i can see how you would have no points to make except those from which you learned off the net, or stupid videos which you call your information, like Dr325.


I dont see the point behind all you God haters.. all you do is attack what is truely good.. Its sad.. you all fail to see that God is NOT a Concept, its a Reality.. If you did your homework, youd see there are thousands of events, even today that occur in a supernatural unexplainable way.. Go look up some Miracles, Healings, Historical Events, Predictions etc.. There is a LOT more to life than just hard evidence.. There is a Much Greater force out there than just us and what we think we know.. most of you are just to lazy and find its easier to believe that crap you see and read on the net and argue endlessly about it with actual knowledge of what your talking about..
__________________
God is Not a Concept...
rambino is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #35
e90im
Brigadier General
 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 3,030
iTrader: (8)

You use your belief without evidence as a virtue, some kind of deep understanding or the Universe.

Your warped morality claims that my existence is pointless! Based on what? Your selective interpretation of one of bible?

What if you are wrong? Muslim “know for a fact” that you are going to hell dude.

You believe in things based on scriptural authority, because you’ve been scared into being good and need peer approval and an emotional crutch to go thru life. Now, that’s meek and pointless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
There is a Much Greater force out there than just us and what we think we know.. most of you are just to lazy and find its easier to believe that crap you see and read on the net and argue endlessly about it with actual knowledge of what your talking about..
Religion thrives in unsolved mysteries. I call this LAZY.

Much greater force? Maybe…it’s OK to withhold judgment until evidence is in. Really, it’s OK.

Please understand that no one here hates your God or any other supernatural deities.

We don’t believe in them and that’s it. Stop with the drama.


GOD IS NOT A CONCEPT. IT IS AN EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM. EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #36
Neurorad
Major
 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
GOD IS NOT A CONCEPT. IT IS AN EXTRAORDINARY CLAIM. EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS REQUIRE EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE.
Believing in (a) God does not require any evidence. It's about feeling good about yourself, and the world. It's about community. You can believe in God without any evidence whatsoever. It doesn't 'require' anything.

In fact, if you were raised within a religious belief, it would take extraordinary evidence to refute the existence of God.

It takes a certain level of 'open mindedness' to even consider the concept of 'no God', if you were raised that way. And, for most, that's impossible, no matter how much you beg, plead, berate, whine, and belittle.

You can't argue with a believer about the existence of God. Period.
Neurorad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #37
e90im
Brigadier General
 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 3,030
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Believing in (a) God does not require any evidence. It's about feeling good about yourself, and the world. It's about community. You can believe in God without any evidence whatsoever. It doesn't 'require' anything.

In fact, if you were raised within a religious belief, it would take extraordinary evidence to refute the existence of God.

It takes a certain level of 'open mindedness' to even consider the concept of 'no God', if you were raised that way. And, for most, that's impossible, no matter how much you beg, plead, berate, whine, and belittle.

You can't argue with a believer about the existence of God. Period.
I am aware that I can’t change their minds about God.

I have a different agenda.

NOT to have politically-correct respect for delusion.

TO raise a “high moral” question inherent to the religious.

TO point out to undecided that belief without evidence is NOT a virtue.

TO promote scientific way of thinking.

They are loud and persistent. It’s time that our voices are heard.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #38
Negotiator
Lieutenant
 
Negotiator's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

What's with the "you got your misinformation from youtube videos" argument? Are you stupid? You read your fiction bestseller, and criticise what? getting information from the internet? Let me point out that there are similarities between the Bible, and anything you will find on the internet - for example, being written by humans. You can't dismiss authors based on their unholyness, that's unfair!
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #39
Negotiator
Lieutenant
 
Negotiator's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fairfax, VA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Oh, also I would like to highlight this comment, being a rare truth in this thread:

"Just remember, when your dead.. your dead FOREVER, I think that time is more important than the few years on this earth, I for one will be prepared whatever that may entitle, im not taking chances."

First of all, I was born into a family of christians, don't worry about my "close-mindness", I made my conclusions on my own....

Secondly, what you said is absolutely true, you're afraid of dying, you can't accept the idea that you're a very smart animal, that will cease to exist when his body fails. I can.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #40
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
ChineseGuy Im assuming your an ABC, therefore your backround would have been on a different side of religion (buddhism?) and even more so being american im sure your family never even brought that into your life.. That being the case youve probably been raised without any belief in God. Sad to say, i can see how you would have no points to make except those from which you learned off the net, or stupid videos which you call your information, like Dr325.
LOL...i won't bother with those non-sense claims directed to other members, i'll just explain my part instead.

I'm not an ABC, i'm Chinese born in China. Good guess on the buddhism, that's what my family tends to believe, not me. My family likes to give me the freedom to let me choose what i believe in, and it turns out I believe in "myself". I was raised in a family that beleived in Buddha, but that didn't really affect my judgement in life; although, i do have alot of Christian friends.

When i pointed out Chris Angel, it was just to show you how a magician can perform your so-called "miracles". Moreover, discovery channel isn't stupid videos, they're based on FACTS. If you think discovery channel is stupid, then I think i understand why you would believe that a man-written book, put together by human beings, was from God.

You always say the bible was based on truth and evidence, can you point some of them out?
ChineseGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #41
E82tt6
Colonel
 
E82tt6's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
E82tt6 "You basically failed to respond to anything in my post, and started talking about Satanic Cult tinfoil hat BS. I'm done here. Have a good one! "

I personally know people who have done occultic crap and have seen the outcomes of it.. Its not tinfoil. Im Miami people practice Santaria, I have seen this used in evil ways to change outcomes, I have a lot of proof behind Satanic worshipping as far as the supernatural effects of it.. This would take a while to explain as it was really upsetting
There are Skeptic's organizations that will give you MILLIONS if you can prove the existance of Magik forces. Instead of me, I suggest you present the proof to them. You could get rich, and answer one of the greatest questions human-kind has ever known.
E82tt6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #42
e90im
Brigadier General
 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

Posts: 3,030
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
There are Skeptic's organizations that will give you MILLIONS if you can prove the existance of Magik forces. Instead of me, I suggest you present the proof to them. You could get rich, and answer one of the greatest questions human-kind has ever known.
One-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event.

Here is the link to it:

http://www.randi.org/joom/content/view/38/31/
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #43
big pimp
First Lieutenant
 
big pimp's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330d Crimson Red
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.Ireland, UK

Posts: 300
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West, Jesus Walks
I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?
sums things up....

do you know what bugs the shit out of me?
during muslim celebrations and festivals everyone posts "happy eid" etc, fair enough, no worries, but someone mentions Jesus and all the flamers etc come on.... fuck you bitches...

look at what happened when the dutch newspaper ran pictures of mohommed in a bomb turban -

we were nearly preparing for world war 3 - but someone mouths off about Christian faith and it's like "ah well, lets not worry"

it's a no-win situation.....
big pimp is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2008, 02:27 AM   #44
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
One-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event.

Here is the link to it:

http://www.randi.org/joom/content/view/38/31/
Rambino is about to be a millionaire now(assuming he's not already right now). E90im should get commission for that.
ChineseGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST