BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #23
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
how are front 18" heavier than rear 18" if you have wider rim with same material? did you switch them by accident?
I was just wondering the same thing, this doesn't sound logical for a larger width rim and tyres to weigh less, sure the figures should be reversed.
It's curious, but the parts catalogue tells so:
http://bmwfans.info/original/E92/Cou...6/ill-36_1115/


Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #24
skierman64
Brigadier General
skierman64's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,068
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
I agree, I love those wheels.

Guga79, that is an e90.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 05:40 AM   #25
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Any info on weight yet? Specifically the 19's? Thx!
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #26
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Well, we should know w/in the next few days a confirmation of weight & fitment since Tire Rack's website says they're estimated to get them tomorrow (matte grey & then black on 5/1/08). Notice on their site it says,

"(10) Required lugbolt for vehicle
(1) 1 PR 20MM SPACER 5-120 72.56CB"

Thus, I'm assuming it's for the rear 19x9.5; +35mm offset wheels to make it basically +15mm w/the included +20mm spacers. I know spacers are supposedly safe & what not but I just don't feel comfy using spacers so I'll have to pass on these wheels unless Breyton makes a lower offset for the rears.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...8&autoModClar=
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #27
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Well, we should know w/in the next few days a confirmation of weight & fitment since Tire Rack's website says they're estimated to get them tomorrow (matte grey & then black on 5/1/08). Notice on their site it says,

"(10) Required lugbolt for vehicle
(1) 1 PR 20MM SPACER 5-120 72.56CB"

Thus, I'm assuming it's for the rear 19x9.5; +35mm offset wheels to make it basically +15mm w/the included +20mm spacers. I know spacers are supposedly safe & what not but I just don't feel comfy using spacers so I'll have to pass on these wheels unless Breyton makes a lower offset for the rears.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...8&autoModClar=
Leg posted the following. Not sure if they'll apply to the US product or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
Found out the weights for the Breyton GTS Race wheel:

19 inch fronts 9.0kg (19.84lbs)
19 inch rears 9.5kg (20.94lbs)

20 inch fronts 10kg (22.04lbs)
20 inch rears 11kg (24.25lbs)

Nice! That is lower than BBS CHs and LMs.

Direct from Breyton in Germany (Crikey my German is rusty!!). They told me they had gone all out on this one to reduce weight as much as possible. Looks like they managed it.

Set of those with Michelins on (same as OEM tyres) should do me fine. Question is, silver, gunmetal, black or black with a white or polished lip. Narrowing it down step by step though!!

Anyone wants to check, this is the number +49 (0) 40 789 179 0
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 07:05 PM   #28
Leg
Captain
32
Rep
844
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Breyton swore down blind those are accurate weights. Better be, Ive ordered a set of black 19s.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #29
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
Breyton swore down blind those are accurate weights. Better be, Ive ordered a set of black 19s.
Where's your car? Weren't you supposed to get it at the beginning of March? I'm dying to see it!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #30
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Leg posted the following. Not sure if they'll apply to the US product or not.
Yeah saw that post but sometimes manufacturers lie and/or makes an error regarding weights. I had this happen one time w/another manufacturer. This manufacturer was off by 4-pounds (for a 20" wheel)! And yes, had I known then I wouldn't have gotten those wheels. It's nice to have a 3rd party confirm that's all.
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #31
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

I've been told by my tire guy that the current Race GTS are not meant for the e92 M3. (Think the offsets confirm this - closer to non-M 3 series offsets)

For the E92 M3, he's been told the same design Race GTS 19" will weigh 13kg (+/-)... that to me is closer to a Breyton Wheel... and they'll only be ready some time in late March.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #32
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
136
Rep
7,642
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Aside from the offset issue, I have a practical concern. The spokes going out the the face of the wheel look cool, but once you curb one (and it will probably happen) repair will be very difficult since you'll be dealing with damaged spokes, not just the rim face.

That car looks like it has a 2" lift!
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #33
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
I've been told by my tire guy that the current Race GTS are not meant for the e92 M3. (Think the offsets confirm this - closer to non-M 3 series offsets)
Yes, I'd be concerned about the offsets as well, but the response Leg got seems to indicate that there might be a different version of these wheels for the M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
For the E92 M3, he's been told the same design Race GTS 19" will weigh 13kg (+/-)... that to me is closer to a Breyton Wheel...
That would put them on par with the stock 19" wheels.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #34
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Aside from the offset issue, I have a practical concern. The spokes going out the the face of the wheel look cool, but once you curb one (and it will probably happen) repair will be very difficult since you'll be dealing with damaged spokes, not just the rim face.
Good point. That plus the weight factor (if indeed true at 13+/-kg) is enough to make me decide against this wheel, even as good looking as it is...

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #35
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
That would put them on par with the stock 19" wheels.
yup, that's why i'm currently on Schmieden Indivis 19" weighing only 9.5+/-kg, around the same as the stock 18"... (the lightest 19" i could find)

i don't seem to have lost much in terms of unsprung weight and inertia...

cheers
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #36
Leg
Captain
32
Rep
844
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Where's your car? Weren't you supposed to get it at the beginning of March? I'm dying to see it!
Twas beginning of April for new financial year (cos thats when I get my dividend so I can pay for the car) but I pulled it forward to......this Friday cos Im impatient!

I'll recheck these wheels before I pay for them with regards to weight and so on. Its a tricky one with them being a spanking new wheel.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #37
AtoB
Major
AtoB's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,260
Posts

 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (3)

love them!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #38
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
Twas beginning of April for new financial year (cos thats when I get my dividend so I can pay for the car) but I pulled it forward to......this Friday cos Im impatient!
Nice.

I'm surprised you held out this long actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
I'll recheck these wheels before I pay for them with regards to weight and so on. Its a tricky one with them being a spanking new wheel.
Good idea. Let us know what you find out.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #39
Leg
Captain
32
Rep
844
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Nice.

I'm surprised you held out this long actually!



Good idea. Let us know what you find out.
Hi Lucid

My supplier/importer (also a friend of mine from the TT Owners Club) just emailed me to say he is getting written confirmation of the specs today/tomorrow from Breyton.

Im off to London in a minute (I'm oop North) but hopefully I'll be able to post the confirmed info by tomorrow night.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #40
Leg
Captain
32
Rep
844
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Confirmed in writing (email) from my supplier today.

The weights are correct as posted
Size is 8.5/19 and 9.5/19
Colours available are matt black, matt gunmetal and hyper silver

Im going for matt black and having a white edge painted on them.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #41
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
136
Rep
7,642
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
Confirmed in writing (email) from my supplier today.

The weights are correct as posted
Size is 8.5/19 and 9.5/19
Colours available are matt black, matt gunmetal and hyper silver

Im going for matt black and having a white edge painted on them.
Ewww...a reincarnation of whitewalls?
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #42
Leg
Captain
32
Rep
844
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Ewww...a reincarnation of whitewalls?
Same idea as the wheels u see with a red line or a green line. Ill try em plain black 1st and see how I feel.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #43
Nucking Futs!
Major
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,403
Posts

 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg View Post
Confirmed in writing (email) from my supplier today.

The weights are correct as posted
Size is 8.5/19 and 9.5/19
Colours available are matt black, matt gunmetal and hyper silver

Im going for matt black and having a white edge painted on them.
Did your supplier weigh it themselves or did they get the weight info from Breyton? I'd like a 3rd party to supply the info based on what I said earlier.

Just called Tire Rack & they said it literally just arrived yesterday but no weight info yet. Sales representative said he'll call me back by tomorrow w/the weight info. BTW, it's the same offsets as already been posted (+30mm front & +35mm rear w/20mm spacers).
__________________
- Jimmy
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #44
Leg
Captain
32
Rep
844
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Did your supplier weigh it themselves or did they get the weight info from Breyton? I'd like a 3rd party to supply the info based on what I said earlier.

Just called Tire Rack & they said it literally just arrived yesterday but no weight info yet. Sales representative said he'll call me back by tomorrow w/the weight info. BTW, it's the same offsets as already been posted (+30mm front & +35mm rear w/20mm spacers).
From Breyton he tells me, Tire Racks weights will be extremely useful when you get them though!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST