BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #23
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I tend to agree with a lot of what you say regarding politics. Regarding WMD - India, Pakistan and Israel all have them and havent even signed the NPT to agree to peaceful use of nuclear technology. It's interesting that Iran has actually signed it to say they will only use it for peaceful reasons.

I wouldnt like to see Iran have WMD, but only in the same way I wouldnt like to see ANYONE have them. I find it disgraceful that my country (Britain) are now trying to upgrade their WMD while agreeing to more sanctions against Iran...

+1 on Osama Bin Laden, let's not forget relations with Saddam too.
The only reason Iran would have nukes is the same reason NK did -- to get our government off their backs... It worked great for NK, and the WH is the only responsible for NK having the nukes (or whatever they have...). The whole story about building them to hurt Israel or Europe is for kids...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #24
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
The only reason Iran would have nukes is the same reason NK did -- to get our government off their backs... It worked great for NK, and the WH is the only responsible for NK having the nukes (or whatever they have...). The whole story about building them to hurt Israel or Europe is for kids...
It's funny how much people defend these stories though. I wish people would open their eyes to the truth.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #25
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
608
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
If God knows the future, could he please stop letting inocent kids from dying.
Any info on 9-11 in the bible? Please be specific?
What does God knowing the future have to do with innocent kids dying?

To God our lives are but a flash in time. Our time here on earth is a fleeting second to him. It's like when one of my kids has something that seems so bad to them, but since I can see the big picture of their lives, it really doesn't affect me much.

Would you really want to know everything that was going to happen in specifics for your whole life? That's a ridiculous suggestion.

You seem to want God to provide a perfect world. Well he will, but for only those of us that accept him. And it looks like you're not going to make the cut.

I guess if the whole world were true, really believing Christians, we might have the world that you so desire. But since we have atheists and muslim extremists, we just won't be able to get there until God intervenes, and hopefully he will do that soon, because man seems to have no ability to get it right.

You see all the horrible things in this world and you blame God. God has given us a chance and we're blowing it big time. Maybe if we all got out the Bible and followed what it says, and lived our lives like it instructs us to we wouldn't have these problems. But no, you would rather keep on blaming God and living like YOU want to live.

Mankind needs to stop blaming God, and look at how we live.

You know, you seem to spend most your time on this board arguing against God and against religion. What does it matter to you if people have religion in their lives? Why can't you live and let others live? Why are you so obsessed with debunking religion? To me, it seems that you are very unhappy and very bitter about something, and I say this in all honesty, I pray that you will find peace in your life, and that whatever is making you so unhappy will be taken from your life.

Like I said before, go ahead and mock me, you're just doing what God knew you would do.

And yes, the Bible does predict the future, and yes it was written by men, who were inspired by God. Believe it if you want, or don't believe it. That's between you and God, and if you're wrong, you will have to explain yourself to the almighty creator of this beautiful planet and this beautiful universe, may God have mercy on you when that time comes.

I get so sick of listening to you people blather on about how there is no God. Well if that's what you belive then fine, believe it but stop acting like you're so much smarter than everyone else, who's so stupid to believe in and worship God.

I don't believe in Budha, but I don't waste my time mocking those who do.

And one more thing Christians and muslims DO NOT worship the same God. Let's just get that straight.

Here's an idea for you all, get a life!!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #26
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
608
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Bible???
It was written by humans... What does it have to do with...God?
Jews are not hated "just" because they are Jews...
No one is hated just because...
Your arguments above are at the level of a 12-year-old, but the similar arguments I've heard from my 6 year-old, too.
And your anti-Russia is as relevant as US allowing Israel to have nukes (but not publically), US creating Muslim countries (that at one point hosted OBL himself) in the middle of Europe, and so on...
Geez, if I were only as intelligent as you!!

12 year old, huh? That's a mature argument.

I'm not anti-Russian, I'm just quoting the Bible which says that there will be an alliance led by Gog from the land of Magog. If you study what it says it's referring to the Scythians who settled in the land of modern day Russia. They were a brutal people and are the reason that the Great Wall of China was built.

And don't go off blaming US foreign policy on God or the Bible.

Maybe you should listen to your 6 yr old.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #27
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
Geez, if I were only as intelligent as you!!

12 year old, huh? That's a mature argument.

I'm not anti-Russian, I'm just quoting the Bible which says that there will be an alliance led by Gog from the land of Magog. If you study what it says it's referring to the Scythians who settled in the land of modern day Russia. They were a brutal people and are the reason that the Great Wall of China was built.

And don't go off blaming US foreign policy on God or the Bible.

Maybe you should listen to your 6 yr old.
I do listen to her and it is amazing how she reminds me of what you say -- no proofs, childish talk mumbo jumbo...

As for the Great wall thing -- anyone who ever read the history of it should know the real reason why it was built (not initial idea, but later on...).
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #28
OC 335i
General
OC 335i's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
18,119
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
I was hoping to get winning Lotto numbers. Guess not.

TTYL!
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #29
Chunga
Captain
Chunga's Avatar
Denmark
11
Rep
903
Posts

 
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denmark, sealand

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Chunga Send a message via Skype™ to Chunga
Bible is a book - this book killed millions. Thats it. Muhammed is a tale and is used to keep peopel under pressure. Why do you gods always tell you to be scared?
There can only be Odin and Thor. Tits and beer and have fun. Thats whats life is all about.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #30
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,120
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

What does God knowing the future have to do with innocent kids dying?

Well, a crazy thought comes to mind: How come he doesn’t spare their lives. I mean, he is omnipotent!

To God our lives are but a flash in time. Our time here on earth is a fleeting second to him. It's like when one of my kids has something that seems so bad to them, but since I can see the big picture of their lives, it really doesn't affect me much.

How do you know this? Is there any evidence I’m not familiar with? Does above statement imply that you are God-like?

Would you really want to know everything that was going to happen in specifics for your whole life? That's a ridiculous suggestion.

I never said anything of the kind. I asked:

Can omniscient God, who
Knows the future, find
The omnipotence to
Change His future mind?

If he knows how things play out, why didn’t he spare 9-11 victims?

You seem to want God to provide a perfect world.

I never made such claim. I asked if God is so powerful, why the need for human suffering? For his voyeuristic enjoyment? He could have made us so that we all believe in the first place.

Well he will, but for only those of us that accept him. And it looks like you're not going to make the cut.

Why is accepting a specific God (in your case JC) so critical? A person can live an admirable life, not hurting anyone, helping others, and still go to hell? And what about 1.5 billion Muslim? Hindu? Jews? Buddhist? They are going to hell to?

It would be reasonable to ask yourself if you might be wrong, and they are right. You aren’t going to make a cut either if they are correct.

I guess if the whole world were true, really believing Christians, we might have the world that you so desire. But since we have atheists and muslim extremists, we just won't be able to get there until God intervenes, and hopefully he will do that soon, because man seems to have no ability to get it right.

I never said that I desire world according to Christianity!! Please be accurate to sustain any debate credibility. At least I capitalize out of respect, so you can do the same.

You see all the horrible things in this world and you blame God. God has given us a chance and we're blowing it big time. Maybe if we all got out the Bible and followed what it says, and lived our lives like it instructs us to we wouldn't have these problems. But no, you would rather keep on blaming God and living like YOU want to live.

What chance did we blow, and when? I don’t blame God. I don’t believe in it. I’m trying to point out how logically false the religion is. Why would I live my life on a 2k year old, man made, morally outdated, guilt tripping book?

Mankind needs to stop blaming God, and look at how we live.

I live just fine.

You know, you seem to spend most your time on this board arguing against God and against religion. What does it matter to you if people have religion in their lives? Why can't you live and let others live? Why are you so obsessed with debunking religion? To me, it seems that you are very unhappy and very bitter about something, and I say this in all honesty, I pray that you will find peace in your life, and that whatever is making you so unhappy will be taken from your life.

I feel the need to call bullshit when I see it. Religion hurts me on election day. I don’t want my kids to be taught intelligent design in science class. I support separation of church and state.

I have a great family, job, house, car and friends. Please don’t pray for me, you might jinx it.

Like I said before, go ahead and mock me, you're just doing what God knew you would do.

Well if I told my kid that we have an invisible dragon in our garage and that other kids might mock him about it at school, I’d be right. When you make extraordinary claim with zero evidence, of course people will mock you.

And yes, the Bible does predict the future, and yes it was written by men, who were inspired by God. Believe it if you want, or don't believe it. That's between you and God, and if you're wrong, you will have to explain yourself to the almighty creator of this beautiful planet and this beautiful universe, may God have mercy on you when that time comes.

If God exists and I get punished for not believing without evidence, I wouldn’t want to be a part of that bizarre sky-party anyway!!!

I get so sick of listening to you people blather on about how there is no God. Well if that's what you belive then fine, believe it but stop acting like you're so much smarter than everyone else, who's so stupid to believe in and worship God.

I never called anyone stupid. Too bad you feel that way. I never said I was smart. I just ask legitimate questions that disturb you. You need to accept the fact that when you support belief in supernatural without evidence, that people's level of respect for your thought process will decline.

I don't believe in Budha, but I don't waste my time mocking those who do.

Because there is no Buddhist knocking on your door telling you that you’ll burn in hell if you don’t accept Jesus. Your kids are not going to study Buddhism in science class!!!

And one more thing Christians and muslims DO NOT worship the same God. Let's just get that straight.

I never said that they do. But what if Muslim are right? No virgins for you!

Here's an idea for you all, get a life!!

I have a life, thank you very much. I can prove it too.
And here’s an idea for you: Get evidence!!
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #31
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
AWD Addict's Avatar
36
Rep
2,483
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
First, I didn't think you believed in God.

Second, yes he does know the future. If people would take the time to understand the Bible, they would realize that the Bible tells us what will happen in the future. The Bible addresses the times we are living in, in great extent. The Bible tells us that the Arabs would be blessed with great wealth. That Israel would become a nation in one day - it did on May 14, 1948. The Bible tells us that Israel will be hated by most countries, and that the whole world will be consumed with who has the right to rule Jerusalem - Listen to the news. The Bible tells us that a group of nations will try to "wipe Israel off the map", these countries include Iran, Syria, and a bunch of the other muslim nations that surround it. It says that this group will be lead by Russia. Who has been helping Iran with their nuclear project? Russia. Who just built a naval base in Syria? Russia. What country has a large and fast growing muslim population? Russia.

The Bible also says that Jews will be hated just because they're Jews, and that Christians will be mocked, just because they're Christians. So keep mocking us, you're just fulfilling Biblical prophecy. See God knew you would act just like you're acting. So you are proof that God does know the future.


There is no god, or gods. There is no magical omniscient being. The Old Testament was entirely plagiarized. Catholicism was a political party before it was a religion. Jesus was not white.



You scare me.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 05:36 AM   #32
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
ChineseGuy's Avatar
36
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
First, I didn't think you believed in God.

Second, yes he does know the future. If people would take the time to understand the Bible, they would realize that the Bible tells us what will happen in the future. The Bible addresses the times we are living in, in great extent. The Bible tells us that the Arabs would be blessed with great wealth. That Israel would become a nation in one day - it did on May 14, 1948. The Bible tells us that Israel will be hated by most countries, and that the whole world will be consumed with who has the right to rule Jerusalem - Listen to the news. The Bible tells us that a group of nations will try to "wipe Israel off the map", these countries include Iran, Syria, and a bunch of the other muslim nations that surround it. It says that this group will be lead by Russia. Who has been helping Iran with their nuclear project? Russia. Who just built a naval base in Syria? Russia. What country has a large and fast growing muslim population? Russia.

The Bible also says that Jews will be hated just because they're Jews, and that Christians will be mocked, just because they're Christians. So keep mocking us, you're just fulfilling Biblical prophecy. See God knew you would act just like you're acting. So you are proof that God does know the future.

you beleive in the bible? i mean the WHOLE bible?

even the part where they say Noah built a giant ARK and found a way to get all the animals to walk in there without killing each other?

just curious...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #33
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
you beleive in the bible? i mean the WHOLE bible?

even the part where they say Noah built a giant ARK and found a way to get all the animals to walk in there without killing each other?

just curious...
of course, it was shown on the TV -- didn't you see it. Actually, Noah was his nick, his real name was Steve (Carrell)...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #34
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
johnnymu's Avatar
Taiwan
28
Rep
1,015
Posts

 
Drives: Nike shoe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (4)

A lot of us do believe in God is for our own personal reasons. I known people that find God near death. I know of people who find God when they need money, but whatever the reason it doesn't matter to God, he will still accept you even through your sinfulness. Now you might argue that this is all blind hope and craziness, but why are you trying so hard to ruin someone's one chance of peacefullness? I know a lot of people in this world that are not as blessed as me, but I don't go around rubbing in their face and trying to ruin their hope. The point is, if you don't believe in God so be it. Just ask yourself one question, just what If? what if you are wrong? what if you miss that one opportunity to live everlasting with the ones you love in Heaven? If we are wrong, so we might get that " I told you so" comment, and things get forgotten, but what if you are wrong? you just got screwed..
__________________
EUROPROJEKTZ Midwest Member
08 335i Jet Black | too much to name....

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #35
Railgunner
Private First Class
6
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Always wandered about this one...
Yes. You were predestined to go to heaven or hell long before you were even born. God already knows your fate and God is never wrong, there's nothing you can do to change it.

So party hard, it won't change a thing.

After all, it would suck to try and be good your entire life only to get to the pearly gates and be told, wow you really tried to be a good person, you almost made it! But it says right here in the book of life, that God knew you wouldn't quiet make it, so off to hell with you.

Just imagine the poor guy who then asks, "I've got to know, what did I do that tipped the balance, what was the sin that kept me out of heaven?" and
the book keeper replies, remember last week before you were hit by the bus, your wife said she was tired and rolled over so you fap, fap, fap? Well that was it. It was that close, but you just can't prove God wrong son.
__________________
'08 335i Sedan Jet Blk * Beige Dakota * Prem * Sport Pack * OEM CF Splitters * OEM Black Rods * Matt Black Grill * Blacklines * SSTT * M-tech Steering Wheel * MSDS Intake
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #36
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
ChineseGuy's Avatar
36
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
A lot of us do believe in God is for our own personal reasons. I known people that find God near death. I know of people who find God when they need money, but whatever the reason it doesn't matter to God, he will still accept you even through your sinfulness. Now you might argue that this is all blind hope and craziness, but why are you trying so hard to ruin someone's one chance of peacefullness? I know a lot of people in this world that are not as blessed as me, but I don't go around rubbing in their face and trying to ruin their hope. The point is, if you don't believe in God so be it. Just ask yourself one question, just what If? what if you are wrong? what if you miss that one opportunity to live everlasting with the ones you love in Heaven? If we are wrong, so we might get that " I told you so" comment, and things get forgotten, but what if you are wrong? you just got screwed..
lol...how do you know it's GOD and not Budha? or even those Indian Gods or Zeus?

You're just assuming everything is from GOD because he's the most popular...I feel so bad for Zeus if he was the real one, while everyone prays to God for everything...

and edit your post before e90im sees you're "what if we are wrong" statments...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #37
platelet
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray Metallic 135i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chelsea

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
First, I didn't think you believed in God.

Second, yes he does know the future. If people would take the time to understand the Bible, they would realize that the Bible tells us what will happen in the future. The Bible addresses the times we are living in, in great extent. The Bible tells us that the Arabs would be blessed with great wealth. That Israel would become a nation in one day - it did on May 14, 1948. The Bible tells us that Israel will be hated by most countries, and that the whole world will be consumed with who has the right to rule Jerusalem - Listen to the news. The Bible tells us that a group of nations will try to "wipe Israel off the map", these countries include Iran, Syria, and a bunch of the other muslim nations that surround it. It says that this group will be lead by Russia. Who has been helping Iran with their nuclear project? Russia. Who just built a naval base in Syria? Russia. What country has a large and fast growing muslim population? Russia.

The Bible also says that Jews will be hated just because they're Jews, and that Christians will be mocked, just because they're Christians. So keep mocking us, you're just fulfilling Biblical prophecy. See God knew you would act just like you're acting. So you are proof that God does know the future.
hahahaha ( i know, im just proving your point, but its hilarious)
__________________
E82 Space Gray 135i coupe, 6MT, M-Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Ipod/satellite
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #38
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
johnnymu's Avatar
Taiwan
28
Rep
1,015
Posts

 
Drives: Nike shoe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
lol...how do you know it's GOD and not Budha? or even those Indian Gods or Zeus?

You're just assuming everything is from GOD because he's the most popular...I feel so bad for Zeus if he was the real one, while everyone prays to God for everything...

and edit your post before e90im sees you're "what if we are wrong" statments...

Well, I was vague on purpose and used the word "God". Buddha is not a God, buddhism is more like a philosophy than a religion. It's more of a teaching of the way we should live then what we should worship. Infact buddist believe we should not worship. Zeus is not real, only in Disney cartoon figures. e90im is who he is, he will entertain the topic till the sun falls. He actually ask a lot of questions that does stump you, I use to ask myself these questions all the time. Like if God knows the present, past and future why create Hitler, osama bin laden, and so on and make such destructions?
I witness a lot of psych patients and if you see the world they make up you start asking yourself weird questions too, like how do you actually know everything around you really exist? how do you know that the person next to you is not just someone that you made up in your head? well, these patients really in their head believe what they see and hear is real, so it makes you think if what you see is really there. My advice don't think too much.
__________________
EUROPROJEKTZ Midwest Member
08 335i Jet Black | too much to name....

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #39
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,120
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
A lot of us do believe in God is for our own personal reasons. I known people that find God near death. I know of people who find God when they need money, but whatever the reason it doesn't matter to God, he will still accept you even through your sinfulness. Now you might argue that this is all blind hope and craziness, but why are you trying so hard to ruin someone's one chance of peacefullness? I know a lot of people in this world that are not as blessed as me, but I don't go around rubbing in their face and trying to ruin their hope. The point is, if you don't believe in God so be it. Just ask yourself one question, just what If? what if you are wrong? what if you miss that one opportunity to live everlasting with the ones you love in Heaven? If we are wrong, so we might get that " I told you so" comment, and things get forgotten, but what if you are wrong? you just got screwed..

IíLL KEEP REPEATING THIS UNTIL YOU PEOPLE GET IT. ITíS CALLED PASCALíS WAGER!!!!! Look it up. It's the insurance salesman trick. LAME!!!

Here is what is wrong about it:

1. You must worship a specific God, not A God or you go to hell. See first commandment

2. This sends 1.5 billion Muslim straight to hell if you are right

3. What if Islam is right and youíre wrong (because by using Pascalís wager as an argument you admit that there is a possibility that your belief is incorrect)

4. Omni-intelligent God will see right through your little poker strategy, and heís NOT going to be happy about it

Now you can tell your preacher that he's got to give you folks some better debate material.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #40
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
3,120
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Well, I was vague on purpose and used the word "God". Buddha is not a God, buddhism is more like a philosophy than a religion. It's more of a teaching of the way we should live then what we should worship. Infact buddist believe we should not worship. Zeus is not real, only in Disney cartoon figures. e90im is who he is, he will entertain the topic till the sun falls. He actually ask a lot of questions that does stump you, I use to ask myself these questions all the time. Like if God knows the present, past and future why create Hitler, osama bin laden, and so on and make such destructions?
I witness a lot of psych patients and if you see the world they make up you start asking yourself weird questions too, like how do you actually know everything around you really exist? how do you know that the person next to you is not just someone that you made up in your head? well, these patients really in their head believe what they see and hear is real, so it makes you think if what you see is really there. My advice don't think too much.

Great advice. It worked wanders for you.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #41
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
ChineseGuy's Avatar
36
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Well, I was vague on purpose and used the word "God". Buddha is not a God, buddhism is more like a philosophy than a religion. It's more of a teaching of the way we should live then what we should worship. Infact buddist believe we should not worship. Zeus is not real, only in Disney cartoon figures. e90im is who he is, he will entertain the topic till the sun falls. He actually ask a lot of questions that does stump you, I use to ask myself these questions all the time. Like if God knows the present, past and future why create Hitler, osama bin laden, and so on and make such destructions?
I witness a lot of psych patients and if you see the world they make up you start asking yourself weird questions too, like how do you actually know everything around you really exist? how do you know that the person next to you is not just someone that you made up in your head? well, these patients really in their head believe what they see and hear is real, so it makes you think if what you see is really there. My advice don't think too much.

i know buddhism, and that they worship no gods. I also know that Zeus is not real, and that's the reason i listed them, because God falls into the same category as those guys...(for me)

you find the Hitler, osama questions weird? What i find weird is why people still beleive in God...

Religious people always say how sinful we are and all the good things God has done to us. Well, i looked around and i see 9-11, Tsunami, WWI, WWII...etc

If God knew the future and still led those happen...He must hates us...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #42
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
608
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
A lot of us do believe in God is for our own personal reasons. I known people that find God near death. I know of people who find God when they need money, but whatever the reason it doesn't matter to God, he will still accept you even through your sinfulness. Now you might argue that this is all blind hope and craziness, but why are you trying so hard to ruin someone's one chance of peacefullness? I know a lot of people in this world that are not as blessed as me, but I don't go around rubbing in their face and trying to ruin their hope. The point is, if you don't believe in God so be it. Just ask yourself one question, just what If? what if you are wrong? what if you miss that one opportunity to live everlasting with the ones you love in Heaven? If we are wrong, so we might get that " I told you so" comment, and things get forgotten, but what if you are wrong? you just got screwed..
Nice post, but they just don't get it (and don't want to). They would rather scoff and mock than take the time to learn and be saved. Yet they spend their whole time on the religion threads. Looking for something I guess. You can lead a horse to water......

They want irrefutable proof that there is a God and a Jesus, yet they take the hook when someone says that life on earth originated from dust that landed on earth from somewhere else in the universe and then mankind eventually evolved from bacteria, to pond scum, to a fish, to a lizard, eventually to an ape, and then to a man. And we're the ones they call ignorant and dillusional.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #43
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
608
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
you beleive in the bible? i mean the WHOLE bible?

even the part where they say Noah built a giant ARK and found a way to get all the animals to walk in there without killing each other?

just curious...

yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeepppppppp
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #44
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
608
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Great advice. It worked wanders for you.
What is the picture in your sig? Can't really tell what all of it is.

I can see the earth and moon, but what is that to the left?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST