BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source

03-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Moron In Charge!

Bush on $4 Gas: "I Hadn't Heard That"

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/78224/

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      03-03-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
dmkaldas
*Rollin 3rd*

Drives: Something fast

oh god...i cant take this anymore...how much longer?
      03-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Drives: Fast

ooohhhh when I read the title I thought this thread was about my boss.... my mistake.

but yeah, Bush is a certified tard too.
      03-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
e90im
Brigadier General

Precious fuel is going to hit 4 bucks/gal and I get 2 replies on BMW forum? C'mon people...nobody is outraged at this orangutan?

03-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Move to Canada. Octane 91 fuel is currently $1.25 per liter, which translates into CAD $4.75 per U.S. gallon, which translates into USD $4.80 per gallon. And on top of that we have the second largest known reserve of oil in the world after Saudi Arabia.

Cheers.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
pmeloche is offline   Canada
      03-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
Move to Canada. Octane 91 fuel is currently $1.25 per liter, which translates into CAD $4.75 per U.S. gallon, which translates into USD $4.80 per gallon. And on top of that we have the second largest known reserve of oil in the world after Saudi Arabia.

Cheers.
+ free health care! And I can get Canadian citizenship in a year!

03-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

This is why we need an actual conservative in the White House and not a deficit loving republican. Go McCain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      03-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #8
BlackSapphireZ
Z

Drives: 128 Vert Sport

Send a message via AIM to BlackSapphireZ
can i have dual citizenship if i move to canada and become a citizen?

2003 Z4 2.5i Sport
miss this car
BlackSapphireZ is offline   United_States
      03-05-2008, 03:48 AM   #9
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
This is why we need an actual conservative in the White House and not a deficit loving republican. Go McCain.
Attached Images

03-05-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
garyhgaryh
Major

Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post

Cheers.
I believe that would be Iraq - the country with the second largest known reserve. Which brings us to why we attacked Iraq... but that's another topic we shouldn't get into....
garyhgaryh is offline   United_States
      03-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #11
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Q: What's your advice to the average American who is hurting now, facing the prospect of $4 a gallon gasoline, a lot of people facing -

THE PRESIDENT: Wait, what did you just say? You're predicting $4 a gallon gasoline?

Q: A number of analysts are predicting -

THE PRESIDENT: Oh, yeah?

Q:-- $4 a gallon gasoline this spring when they reformulate.

THE PRESIDENT: That's interesting. I hadn't heard that.

LOL

Seriously though, Bush interviews/Q&A's are SO funny. I love his responses to questions.
      03-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

It's evolution man, those that can afford it will continue to drive, the rest of us will be seeing some major improvements in leg muscles from either walking or riding a bike to work.

Personally, I'm getting my motorcycle in top condition as we run into Spring.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      03-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #13
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

P.S. I was so blind. . . I thought it said MORMON in charge
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      03-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
I believe that would be Iraq - the country with the second largest known reserve. Which brings us to why we attacked Iraq... but that's another topic we shouldn't get into....
nope...they just found a new oil reserve up north, so now Canada is second in the world....HAHA
________
TOP PENNY STOCKS
________
Glass bong
________
Uggs
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA IN 818

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:16 PM.
OverDrive is offline   Canada
      03-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #15
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphireZ View Post
can i have dual citizenship if i move to canada and become a citizen?
ofcoarse you can have dual citizenships. I do.
________
SAO PENZA
________
VAPORIZER QUESTIONS
________
SQUIRTING TITS
________
Wendie 99

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:16 PM.
OverDrive is offline   Canada
      03-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #16
garyhgaryh
Major

Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
nope...they just found a new oil reserve up north, so now Canada is second in the world....HAHA
If it's bigger than the reserve in Iraq, then it's a major discovery. And if so, why the hell are our gas prices so darn high?
garyhgaryh is offline   United_States
      03-06-2008, 02:16 AM   #17
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
If it's bigger than the reserve in Iraq, then it's a major discovery. And if so, why the hell are our gas prices so darn high?
Unfortunately the cost (environmentally and fiscally)of getting the oil out of that reserve is very high. They have to microwave it, then use superheated steam to get it out of the ground. In the process they completely pollute the areas around the drilling. It's not like there's a big puddle of oil beneath the surface, it's embedded in rock or shale or whatever. It's only financially feasible if oil tops $110 a barrel.

Our gas prices are a reflection of the media's speculation on oil futures. It has little to do with supply and demand anymore; just about greedy investors and price gauging suppliers.

Ask yourself this question:

20 years ago before the news was instant and oil prices could be found via the internet how many gas stations raised their prices depending on the price of what a barrel of light sweet crude was going for? How many gas stations raised their prices daily or twice daily for that matter?

They raised prices when it cost them more to buy it. Today's rates are not a representation of their costs at all. They have been bilking the American public for years into thinking they are responding to supply and demand when infact they are not.
      03-06-2008, 03:06 AM   #18
AndrewAZ
Major

Drives: 335i

I thought we had this talk before.... BUSH CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT THE PRICE OF OIL. IT IS CONTROLLED BY THE FREE MARKET AKA SUPPLY AND DEMAND. The only thing Bush can do is lower taxes which he has done, but the democrats are holding out on lowering taxes on oil.. For each gallon on average you pay 50 cents in taxes which are federal and state.. 45 cents a gallon, in CA you pay 60 cents a gallon.. All Bush and all politicians can do is cut out this tax or reduce it. And the price per gallon could drop 40 cents in 1 day.. And taxing a corporation isnt going to help dont kid yourself they will pass that tax like all corporations do now onto the consumer. This is why I am a big fan of the fair tax since you know all the taxes you are paying without these hidden charges each state has.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publica...show/1054.html
Taxs on gas per state

2 steps to lower gas prices
1. Reduce taxes on gas (instant drop)
2. Invest in ethanol (being done but not enough)

And about supply and demand... Lets wake up to the fact that india and china are using more and more oil, currently the two account for the biggest growth in oil usage, along with causing shortages of steel, concrete, copper and other building resources. Hence the cost of building a home as steeply going up due to this.

So ask yourself this how much has china and india grown in the past 20 years? Yep gum5h03 I think I disproved your idea about supply and demand not matching reality not only in oil but in various other industries.

But I will give you credit gum5h03 we are paying a large premium because of the media and basic market fears, most analysts speculate that we are paying $30-40 a barrel more just based on market and media fears. In theory according to most experts the price of oil should be $30 a barrel and I predict that the price of oil in the coming years will cut in half. Reason being is anything more than $30 a barrel it becomes economically viable to extract oil from oil shale and the USA and Canada have the largest reserve of oil shale the USA alone accounts for over 60% of the worlds oil shale and if I recall from time magazine or maybe it was wall street jr that we have the potential to make over 3 trillion barrels of oil from the oil shale, to put that into perspective I think saudi arabia only has 300 billion in reserves.
      03-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #19
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
And about supply and demand... Lets wake up to the fact that india and china are using more and more oil, currently the two account for the biggest growth in oil usage, along with causing shortages of steel, concrete, copper and other building resources. Hence the cost of building a home as steeply going up due to this.

So ask yourself this how much has china and india grown in the past 20 years? Yep gum5h03 I think I disproved your idea about supply and demand not matching reality not only in oil but in various other industries.
True -- however, China has grown more in the first 10 years than the last 10 (of those 20 you mentioned).
Also, India is still not there.
Yes, they do have a huge influence on the demand, but it should not be more drastically affecting the US market than any other -- i.e. the percentage of the increase in the US is higher than anywhere else...
Also, our companies (Exon, Chev...) are posting record profits. Yes, it should be a free market and they should be doing what they wish, however, it is obvious that by having record profits, it has nothing to do with the China/India demand as we like to blame everyone else...but actually someone getting really rich of our dumb backs... And of all Presidents, we all know who has the most love for oil. So, yes, Bush, again, probably had his hands dirty with this, too
      03-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
AndrewAZ
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
True -- however, China has grown more in the first 10 years than the last 10 (of those 20 you mentioned).
Also, India is still not there.
Yes, they do have a huge influence on the demand, but it should not be more drastically affecting the US market than any other -- i.e. the percentage of the increase in the US is higher than anywhere else...
Also, our companies (Exon, Chev...) are posting record profits. Yes, it should be a free market and they should be doing what they wish, however, it is obvious that by having record profits, it has nothing to do with the China/India demand as we like to blame everyone else...but actually someone getting really rich of our dumb backs... And of all Presidents, we all know who has the most love for oil. So, yes, Bush, again, probably had his hands dirty with this, too

Yes record profits since they are dealing with record volumes of supply.. The oil industry has one of the tights profit margins of just about any industry. Remember that Exon and Chevron have invested billions in oil rigs and transportation and refining of oil. If I recall right the industry average is less than 10 cents of profit per gallon, like I pointed out our government takes 45 cents on average so they take 4 times in tax than what the company makes in profit. 10 cents might not seem like a lot but over millions of gallons of day it adds up.

Now lets contrast this to say bottled water.. Sells for $1 the plastic bottle costs less than 10 cents and the water less than 2 cents... So on each bottle of water they are making a killing compare to oil.

And again ignoring demand from china and india is just being ignorant of the world market. I just looked it up and in the past 5 years chinas demand for oil has doubled, and they expect to add at least 2.5 million cars a year onto chines roads.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/bu...nd-energy.html

you can read about it... They say China and India are responsible for 70% of the increase in energy demand.

Strong demand has helped push oil prices to a series of records in recent weeks. Crude oil rose 1 percent, to $97.62 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange and futures climbed to $98.62, the highest intraday price since trading began in 1983. Prices are closing in on a record level, adjusted for inflation, of $101.70 a barrel in April 1980.

Thats very important almost at record levels adjusted for inflation... But again like I said at $30 a barrel we have more oil than most of the world. So I disagree with the NY times stating oil could go up to $160 a barrel since we will soon have oil shale production going and letter our 2+ trillion barrels of oil hit the market, plus the new ethanol production will help out.
      03-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #21
e90im
Brigadier General

Going back to OP, Dub said he’s not AWARE of oil hitting record price. Meanwhile he dances on the stairs and endorses a fossil.
Attached Images

03-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #22
AndrewAZ
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Going back to OP, Dub said he’s not AWARE of oil hitting record price. Meanwhile he dances on the stairs and endorses a fossil.
Read what I bolded up above.... Its because they have not hit record levels yet when you consider the past and adjust the past with inflation.