BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
SS32
Major
SS32's Avatar
57
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

My Dealer LIED!!!

Mid-January, my dealer emailed me telling me that there was a chance that I could get bumped from #3 to #1, as the guy w/ the #1 spot was considering a 1 series. I had wondered what happened to the #2 spot, but I didn't ask. A couple days later, I get an email saying I had been bumped to #1. I email back with my specs, and my CA tells me the order would be in within a day or two. Two weeks go by and I don't hear anything from him, so I email him. He gets back to me to confirm my specs and my order went in sometime around the 3rd week in feb. With the recent influx of cars coming to the US, I called today to see why the hell my car wasn't there. Well, low and behold, they have 3 cars on the lot... I call BMW NA and my car is still in production, set to be completed on monday. I just got back from my local dealer; they have 3 cars in as well. I was angry before, but after seeing the car in person, I cannot put into words how pissed I am right now. My CA was out today, but he'll be in tomorrow, we'll see what he has to say.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
mhutchins14
First Lieutenant
mhutchins14's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black w/Beige 2008 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX, United States

iTrader: (0)

__________________
HUTCH
2008 BMW e92 M3, Jet Black w/Bamboo 6sp M
2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage Tungsten w/Chestnut
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

don't forget your shotty
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
SS32
Major
SS32's Avatar
57
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

I've got a few to choose from....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #5
skierman64
Brigadier General
skierman64's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,068
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
That's not good at all.

When did you get your VIN? You should have had it in Early Feb to receive your car in early March. If the order went in during the 3rd week in Feb, then the earliest you'd receive the car is about the 3rd week in March or so. It's about a month from the beginning if build until pick up at the dealer.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
:fighting0040 :
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #7
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
NavNurs's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
308
Posts

 
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Uh, cancel your order and buy one of those on the lot?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
SS32
Major
SS32's Avatar
57
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

They're already sold. I almost want to cancel the order so the guy doesn't get anything out of it, but I don't think I could bring myself to do that; not to mention the $1000 deposit.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
114
Rep
2,938
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Sorry to hear cowmoo. Maybe flatten his tires after you take delivery? No reason to spite yourself before you get the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Voltigeur's Avatar
Australia
35
Rep
2,519
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

-

Sic' him! Arsehole. Can you cancel and go somewhere else - of course not:

(1) letter to BMW NA - criticise his ethics
(2) write an open letter to Roundel

Luck!
__________________

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #11
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
136
Rep
7,644
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Mid-January, my dealer emailed me telling me that there was a chance that I could get bumped from #3 to #1, as the guy w/ the #1 spot was considering a 1 series. I had wondered what happened to the #2 spot, but I didn't ask. A couple days later, I get an email saying I had been bumped to #1. I email back with my specs, and my CA tells me the order would be in within a day or two. Two weeks go by and I don't hear anything from him, so I email him. He gets back to me to confirm my specs and my order went in sometime around the 3rd week in feb. With the recent influx of cars coming to the US, I called today to see why the hell my car wasn't there. Well, low and behold, they have 3 cars on the lot... I call BMW NA and my car is still in production, set to be completed on monday. I just got back from my local dealer; they have 3 cars in as well. I was angry before, but after seeing the car in person, I cannot put into words how pissed I am right now. My CA was out today, but he'll be in tomorrow, we'll see what he has to say.
Devil's advocate--they got two "demo" cars and one other. Are you going to make a big deal? I know your frustration, but dealers often do what they want. Probably won't get you anywhere in the long run to call them out.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #12
skierman64
Brigadier General
skierman64's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,068
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
I don't think they can keep your deposit. When I put $500 down 18 months ago, I got the #3 spot and I ended up being #1. But I made sure it was refundable. Legally, I don't think they can keep your $1000, without returning some type or product or service.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #13
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
136
Rep
7,644
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I don't think they can keep your deposit. When I put $500 down 18 months ago, I got the #3 spot and I ended up being #1. But I made sure it was refundable. Legally, I don't think they can keep your $1000, without returning some type or product or service.
Yes, deposits are typically refundable, since when you put it down the car and the price are unkowns.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 12:36 AM   #14
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
I don't think they can keep your deposit. When I put $500 down 18 months ago, I got the #3 spot and I ended up being #1. But I made sure it was refundable. Legally, I don't think they can keep your $1000, without returning some type or product or service.
I think it depends on the deposit papers you signed. Mine clearly states that the buyer forfeits the deposit if the car is built to customer specs and is not picked up from the dealer within 48 hours of arrival at the dealer. The dealer may chose not to enforce that, but it would be their call. But that's just the standard deposit papers my dealer uses. Other dealers might have different terms.

It seems like this might be a somewhat common story though--dealers getting their own cars first. My dealer will get 2 cars that will be available for sale tomorrow. I don't know if they will mark them up or not, but I guess they will. I was even told I could drive one over the weekend...That doesn't make it right, but that does seem to be case. As far as I am concerned, I should have been able to drive one home on Sunday given I was #2 on the list.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #15
MW335
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: Honda Accord
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California, USA

iTrader: (0)

If all the stealers tell us the truth, we should be getting M3s at invoice.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #16
WCH
Major
WCH's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I think it depends on the deposit papers you signed. Mine clearly states that the buyer forfeits the deposit if the car is built to customer specs and is not picked up from the dealer within 48 hours of arrival at the dealer. The dealer may chose not to enforce that, but it would be their call. But that's just the standard deposit papers my dealer uses. Other dealers might have different terms.

It seems like this might be a somewhat common story though--dealers getting their own cars first. My dealer will get 2 cars that will be available for sale tomorrow. I don't know if they will mark them up or not, but I guess they will. I was even told I could drive one over the weekend...That doesn't make it right, but that does seem to be case. As far as I am concerned, I should have been able to drive one home on Sunday given I was #2 on the list.
Lucid - Chambers told me that they're first M3 is still in NJ and that there are no M3's in dealer stock in MA.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #17
WCH
Major
WCH's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,230
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Let me know when you get the call. I might have to visit them instead...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #18
Hammer
Lieutenant
Hammer's Avatar
Germany
7
Rep
421
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany, Cologne

iTrader: (0)

Cancel the order. Punish the dealer this way. i wont buy a car of such a person. i think, you ll get your deposit back for sure. in our law is a asignment under wrong facts without any value.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #19
SS32
Major
SS32's Avatar
57
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

My deposit is non-refundable. When I placed the deposit, the contract said the car would be sold at MSRP and if I canceled the deposit could not be refunded. I've waited since June of last year for the car, and it should be here by the end of the month; I'm not going to cancel. I do like the idea of writing to BMW NA, but particularly like the idea of writing to Roundel. If it gets published, there's a potential that a lot of people will read it.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #20
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
Keto's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,582
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WHO DAT NATION

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
Those "lists" the dealers run are not set in stone. I was told I'm #6, then 5, then 10 (last week), then I was called yesterday to order. Are the cars your dealer has now being sold above MSRP? I can see getting 1 or 2 demos to sell the car to walk-in buyers (or convince them to order) as you have likely informed your dealer that no one test drives your car, but the third car is a bit of a slap in the face.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #21
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Cancel the order. Punish the dealer this way. i wont buy a car of such a person. i think, you ll get your deposit back for sure. in our law is a asignment under wrong facts without any value.
I don't get what you're meaning. If exactly the same happens in Germany you have no hold against. Being #1 on a more or less imaginary waiting list doesn't form an essential part of the contract.


cowmoo32
What happened to you is really annoying, but like GregW indicated dealer demo cars and customer cars aren't necessarily the same. That's like it was in Germany. Demo cars' production started 3 months earlier than customer cars'. Maybe your #1 spot meant first customer car.


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #22
SS32
Major
SS32's Avatar
57
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

I wish that was the case, but the cars they have are customer cars. My CA lied to me, that's all there is to it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST