BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

Red face OK.. SERIOUSLY WHATS THE DEAL, its here but i cant have it?????

I been tracking my 08 m3 since i ordered it back in august
ANDDD i knew what boat it was on (faust, comming into NY) and it arrived on the 26th..

now the crazy part!
Another person at my dealership ordered a 335 and it was being shipped on the same boat, AND THEY GOT THEIR CAR SATURDAY...

I'm assuming bmw is holding the M3's untill a release date or something, can anyone give me any info about this... when it might be?? what i can do in the meantime??
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
domer86
Trouble Maker
domer86's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Yeah they are not going to release the vehicles till the 8th
__________________
2008 E92 M3
-Apline White-Fox Novillo Extended Leather, CL Trim
-Premium Package-Technology Package-CW Package
-M Audio with Enhanced Bass-I-pod/USB adapter
-19" Wheels-Rear Sunshade
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
geoff2010
Autobot Support Team
geoff2010's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
353
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Dinan S3 550 xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

oh no... here comes the : nazis!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

also another bull**** story... my dealer got a demo car a week and a half ago which they have to keep and i havent gone to drive (i dont know why), and recieved an another demo last week which they sold.. the car had nothing in it so i didnt want it n e way but that means someone in NY is driving one.. and they cant release mine???
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

I HOPE YOUR RIGHT WITH THE 8th!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawedge2 View Post
also another bull**** story... my dealer got a demo car a week and a half ago which they have to keep and i havent gone to drive (i dont know why), and recieved an another demo last week which they sold.. the car had nothing in it so i didnt want it n e way but that means someone in NY is driving one.. and they cant release mine???
BMWNA has said no car can be released or officially shown until this Saturday, March 8, which is US Launch day for the M3. So, no, they are not picking on just you, though I unsersand how frustrated you must be.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

$4k over sticker for the one sold too.....
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Dont worry, just drink a few beers and relax, you will get it the 8th.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #9
rvacha
Captain
rvacha's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
According to the Port of Charlestown web page the Faust did not arrive until well after the 26th - it was in somewhere around the 1st. These ships do roughly a 10 day cycle - is it possible the 335 was on the previous voyage?
__________________

'03 X5 4.4i Blue/Tan
'06 E90 330Xi 6MT Sparkling Graphite/Terra
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth <-- Evil Twin
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
PortoM3
M3lover
United_States
7
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: SSII M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt lake city, UT

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to PortoM3
I find out today that mine will not be released till the 8th. That means, it won't be at my dealer till at least the 10th or 11th. I am not sure if that is the case for everyone, or just my dealer. He said it will not be shipped from the VPC till the launch date. Sounds Bull s**t to me, but I have waited this long. The funny thing is, they are getting a demo delivered by Sat. Why can't they put my car along with it, and keep it at the dealer till the 9th or something instead of waiting till after the 8th to ship, I don't know. I am so upset.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #11
batchelorc
Lieutenant
batchelorc's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: Deez nuts
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoM3 View Post
I find out today that mine will not be released till the 8th. That means, it won't be at my dealer till at least the 10th or 11th. I am not sure if that is the case for everyone, or just my dealer. He said it will not be shipped from the VPC till the launch date. Sounds Bull s**t to me, but I have waited this long. The funny thing is, they are getting a demo delivered by Sat. Why can't they put my car along with it, and keep it at the dealer till the 9th or something instead of waiting till after the 8th to ship, I don't know. I am so upset.
I think they already shipped it to the dealer, but are going to take a few days to joy ride in it before calling you for pickup
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
man02195
Lieutenant
man02195's Avatar
9
Rep
487
Posts

 
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
According to the Port of Charlestown web page the Faust did not arrive until well after the 26th - it was in somewhere around the 1st. These ships do roughly a 10 day cycle - is it possible the 335 was on the previous voyage?
His was probably dropped off in NJ before faust headed down to Charleston
__________________
E90 M3 Sedan | M-DCT | SG | Black Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Premium | Technology | Enhanced Sound | 19's | Moonroof | Fold Down | Heated | iPod | Parkdist | Sunshade |Week 22 | Just unloaded from Emden | Performance Center Delivery July 17th (Great Experience!)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #13
Garissimo
Captain
Garissimo's Avatar
7
Rep
645
Posts

 
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hippie Town, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawedge2 View Post
what i can do in the meantime??
Do what Cartman did in the episode where he wanted a Wii and couldn't stand the wait:

iTunes Link

Let us know how that turns out!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #14
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Voyage Details

Vessel: FAUST
Voyage: EC803-FAT

(Arrival - Departure)
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 13/02/2008 - 15/02/2008
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 16/02/2008 - 16/02/2008
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 17/02/2008 - 18/02/2008
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 26/02/2008 - 29/02/2008

so it left Germany on the 15th and arrived in ny on the 26th if you wanna get technical..

they were both on the same ship and they now updated me to delivery on 03/06.. we'll see
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #15
4692Bimmer
Private
United_States
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: Mine:05 JB E46,Sis: 08 AW E92
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

i just saw an E92 M3 at BMW SF when i was picking up my car from service, the funny thing was i was talking to my SA about them and he didnt even know it was coming out this month. i also have a friend that works there and he said they also have 1 series in the back too. cant wait to see them on the streets!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #16
rvacha
Captain
rvacha's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawedge2 View Post
Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Voyage Details

Vessel: FAUST
Voyage: EC803-FAT

(Arrival - Departure)
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 13/02/2008 - 15/02/2008
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 16/02/2008 - 16/02/2008
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 17/02/2008 - 18/02/2008
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 26/02/2008 - 29/02/2008

so it left Germany on the 15th and arrived in ny on the 26th if you wanna get technical..

they were both on the same ship and they now updated me to delivery on 03/06.. we'll see
I don't know if that is what happened or if it was what was supposed to happen. The WW info never even mentions Charlestown yet it clearly went there. Is there any proof the car was unloaded at New York (New Jersey?) and not at Charlestown?. Another member's M3 was on the Faust and it went to Charlestown. You can see the timing in this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=115003&page=4

The following site breaks consistently but when it works you can see a detailed report on when the Faust was there:

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/vessel_schedule.asp
__________________

'03 X5 4.4i Blue/Tan
'06 E90 330Xi 6MT Sparkling Graphite/Terra
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth <-- Evil Twin
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #17
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4692Bimmer View Post
i just saw an E92 M3 at BMW SF when i was picking up my car from service, the funny thing was i was talking to my SA about them and he didnt even know it was coming out this month. i also have a friend that works there and he said they also have 1 series in the back too. cant wait to see them on the streets!!
Wow, definite confirmation that cars have been released to dealers before the 8th.

No pics!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #18
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Wow, definite confirmation that cars have been released to dealers before the 8th.

No pics!!
Unless it was a press car like I photographed at my dealer weekend before last.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119730
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #19
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

the schedule specifically says NEW YORK, NY so i guess that answers your first question

and if i continued putting the info past my M3's voyage from germany to NEW YORK it looks like this:

(Arrival - Departure)
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 13/02/2008 - 15/02/2008
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 16/02/2008 - 16/02/2008
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 17/02/2008 - 18/02/2008
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 26/02/2008 - 29/02/2008
CHARLESTON,SC U.S.A. 01/03/2008 - 01/03/2008
GALVESTON,TX U.S.A. 05/03/2008 - 05/03/2008
MANZANILLO PANAMA 09/03/2008 - 09/03/2008

so charleston got a shipment on march 1st..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #20
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
rawedge2's Avatar
17
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

and thats all off the WW website.. dont know where ur lookin

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...esselSearch.do
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 12:59 AM   #21
PortoM3
M3lover
United_States
7
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: SSII M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt lake city, UT

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to PortoM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
I think they already shipped it to the dealer, but are going to take a few days to joy ride in it before calling you for pickup
that car better have less than 10 miles on it when I get it. I am gonna be at the dealership every day till it gets there. I just got a call that it will be there on the 9th (Sunday), so the earliest I can get it will be Monday.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST