BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lux Angel Eyes
View Poll Results: are you paying MSRP? over? or under?
paying MSRP. 77 81.91%
paying less than MSRP 15 15.96%
paying over MSRP. 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2008, 03:23 AM   #1
sayemthree
Brigadier General
284

 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa


Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

what are you [paying compared to MSRP?

MSRP?
Under MSRP
over MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
43

 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas


Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

You should edit the poll or maybe start over and add military discount or "Other discount program" such as diplomatic sales etc...I think some guys like me buying through MIL sales will vote "below" when actually it is MIL MSRP. The result of your poll if too many people with program discounts vote "under" will result in misleading conclusions.
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: 2011 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

I doubt anyone is getting less than MSRP now..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
Epacy
Reincarnated
134

 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL


Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
I doubt anyone is getting less than MSRP now..
You are wrong, just look at the poll.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: 2011 X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC


Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

There is a phenomenon where people lie on anonymous surveys...strange, but true...this is probably an example. I have had this occur in my own research as well....I always find it fascinating!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Epacy
Reincarnated
134

 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL


Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Wow, you don't even know me and are calling me a liar...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
641

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .


Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
msrp
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
641

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .


Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
There is a phenomenon where people lie on anonymous surveys...strange, but true...this is probably an example. I have had this occur in my own research as well....I always find it fascinating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Wow, you don't even know me and are calling me a liar...
oh yah, we're paying 20K markup but we're lying about it saying we're paying MSRP. cooler that way
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
lucid
Major General
United_States
174

 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Wow, you don't even know me and are calling me a liar...
Stop polluting this forum with your lies. You are paying as much as the rest of us. You are paying as much as the rest of us. You are paying as much as the rest of us...OK, I feel better now.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
Epacy
Reincarnated
134

 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL


Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Stop polluting this forum with your lies. You are paying as much as the rest of us. You are paying as much as the rest of us. You are paying as much as the rest of us...OK, I feel better now.
Right now I am not paying sh!t as I cannot get a car in production. Different story everytime I call the hotline.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #11
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
17

 
nechronics's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: south tampa


Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

What are they telling you? It makes zero sense to just drop it 8 weeks - DCT maybe but not 6mt; I would realistically expect it to move back up close to, if not where it was.
__________________
AW/FR e92 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #12
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
United_States
260

 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ


Posts: 15,547
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
wow 4 less than MSRP, i know E is paying less, this should have been a public poll! lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
641

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .


Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
wow 4 less than MSRP, i know E is paying less, this should have been a public poll! lol
well maybe this is why he's not getting his car
dealer probably pushing his back to get those who want to pay more first
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #14
lucid
Major General
United_States
174

 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Right now I am not paying sh!t as I cannot get a car in production. Different story everytime I call the hotline.
What's going on? Some of the reps really don't know how to interact with their system. Did you get an estimated week of production from someone who seemed to know what he/she was talking about?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
Epacy
Reincarnated
134

 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL


Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nechronics View Post
What are they telling you? It makes zero sense to just drop it 8 weeks - DCT maybe but not 6mt; I would realistically expect it to move back up close to, if not where it was.
Friday it was moved from week 11 to week 18.
Today, it was at week 15, tentatively. Still a month backed up.
I am SO tired of this f@cking process.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #16
lucid
Major General
United_States
174

 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA


Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Friday it was moved from week 11 to week 18.
Today, it was at week 15, tentatively. Still a month backed up.
I am SO tired of this f@cking process.
Sorry E.
.
.
.
.
But you did become a general in the process.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #17
Epacy
Reincarnated
134

 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL


Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
What's going on? Some of the reps really don't know how to interact with their system. Did you get an estimated week of production from someone who seemed to know what he/she was talking about?
It was confirmed week 11. For over a week.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #18
man02195
Lieutenant
13

 
man02195's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC


Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
I doubt anyone is getting less than MSRP now..
I doubt you're correct
__________________
E90 M3 Sedan | M-DCT | SG | Black Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Premium | Technology | Enhanced Sound | 19's | Moonroof | Fold Down | Heated | iPod | Parkdist | Sunshade |Week 22 | Just unloaded from Emden | Performance Center Delivery July 17th (Great Experience!)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #19
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
United_States
260

 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ


Posts: 15,547
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
But you did become a general in the process.


But yea...hopefully they will sort out these issues with you. Keep calling everyday!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #20
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
630

 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany


Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Friday it was moved from week 11 to week 18.
Today, it was at week 15, tentatively. Still a month backed up.
I am SO tired of this f@cking process.
That's bad. Did they tell you any reason? 19s maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Sorry E.
.
.
.
.
But you did become a general in the process.
LOL, guess that's a cold comfort. Good thing that E isn't moody.


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
Epacy
Reincarnated
134

 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL


Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
No reason. I had 19's on my order for a week and still had a confirmed week 11 date.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #22
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
43

 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas


Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
You should edit the poll or maybe start over and add military discount or "Other discount program" such as diplomatic sales etc...I think some guys like me buying through MIL sales will vote "below" when actually it is MIL MSRP. The result of your poll if too many people with program discounts vote "under" will result in misleading conclusions.
So many of you worrying about a few saying they paid under MSRP, did any of you even read my first post in this thread?? I wouldn't worry about it, this poll is half-cocked no offense.
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST