BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2008, 01:34 AM   #23
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
wow u guys use vorsteiner's pix and water mark them? are you guys even allowed to use those pix?!
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 03:27 AM   #24
jtown
Lieutenant
 
jtown's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norcal

Posts: 596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
You can also just paint a portion of it...here is a member on E90post who did just that:

Note: This picture was taken before the bootlid was properly fitted and closed.

Just plain sick ... I dig it.

EDIT: I take it back ... they should have painted the license plate area also and just left that strip on the spoiler.
jtown is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #25
dechoong
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E60 530 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KL

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
You can also just paint a portion of it...here is a member on E90post who did just that:

Note: This picture was taken before the bootlid was properly fitted and closed.

Nice

Any pictures of the rear diffuser? I'm curious how the fins look.
dechoong is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #26
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
wow u guys use vorsteiner's pix and water mark them? are you guys even allowed to use those pix?!
Actually Vorsteiner supplied us with those pics directly and asked us to watermark them so people would know where to go for info
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #27
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown View Post
Just plain sick ... I dig it.

EDIT: I take it back ... they should have painted the license plate area also and just left that strip on the spoiler.
Me too, it's still in design so nothing yet.
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #28
M3NNIS
Colonel
 
M3NNIS's Avatar
 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,190
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
what about e90 stuff?
__________________
M3NNIS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #29
Lil. Lucas
Interlagos FTW!
 
Drives: 86 E30 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Pricing and time frames will be released on a product by product basis. This is simply a preview.
LMAO, its Vorsteiner. They'll ship it whenever they can be bothered coming into work...


Make sure you guys buy through good vendors, Vorsteiner is known for having horrible customer and vendor support/service..
Lil. Lucas is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #30
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Actually Vorsteiner supplied us with those pics directly and asked us to watermark them so people would know where to go for info
u guys are a official dealer?
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #31
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
are there splitters for OEM bumper or CF bumper + splitters only?

you got more teaser pix or sketches and stuff like that?
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #32
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
We are a master distributor for Vorsteiner and were the first to receive and release official photos of the E92 bootlid.

If it is anything like the E46, Vorsteiner will make the splitters for both the OEM and CF bumper. Add on splitters for the OEM or built in splitters for the CF.

This is the ONLY information Vorsteiner is releasing at the moment, it's simply a pipeline. I wish I had more but they are very hush hush about the designs until they are finalized. As we get more info, we will be sure to release it
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #33
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
what about e90 stuff?
Vorsteiner has an E90 hood and lip out right now. As far as the E90 M3, I will need to see what their plans are for that car. I am sure a lot of this stuff will transfer right over.
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #34
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
We are a master distributor for Vorsteiner and were the first to receive and release official photos of the E92 bootlid.

If it is anything like the E46, Vorsteiner will make the splitters for both the OEM and CF bumper. Add on splitters for the OEM or built in splitters for the CF.

This is the ONLY information Vorsteiner is releasing at the moment, it's simply a pipeline. I wish I had more but they are very hush hush about the designs until they are finalized. As we get more info, we will be sure to release it
okay fair enough. thanks for info!
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 03:37 PM   #35
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Sure thing
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #36
gadget
Major
 
gadget's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

Posts: 1,162
iTrader: (0)

I don't like the contrast with the white on the boot lid. Agree that this would look best on a dark car.

It would be interesting if you could replace the entire body with CF.
gadget is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #37
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
I agree, I think the bootlid needs to be painted with only the tail in CF.

Body panels are a great suggestion although a bit tougher to produce. I'll look into it for you guys.
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #38
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,524
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post

Body panels are a great suggestion although a bit tougher to produce. I'll look into it for you guys.
That would be AWESOME.

Anything is possible with the right amount of effort, time and money...
__________________
FifthStreetz is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #39
00o00
Private
 
00o00's Avatar
 
Drives: its comming...
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to 00o00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
This bootlid was originally designed to flow both aerodynamically and stylistically with the Vorsteiner M3 parts but it works perfectly on the E92 non-M as well

M3 bootlid is fully compatible with the E92 Non-M.
here ^ you said that it will flow aerodynamically... what do you bais this off of... i don't not assume that you used a wind tunnel for testing, did you?

this might be a retarded question, but im just curious, this would also apply in general, for example isn't the stock exaust supposted to be aerodynamically designed (although ugly) so if you change it, then arn't you changing the aerodynamics of the car?

sorry if this is stupid...
__________________
2006 E46 ZCP ///M3- No Sun Roof & No Power Seats
Mods: Blacked-Out front and side grills, TCK S/A (600/600) coilovers, Powerflex RTAB, SS Race, UUC Red Tranny Mounts, Autosolutions SSK, UUC Sway bars, CDV delete,
Comming soon: BOLT IN ROLL BAR!!
00o00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #40
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I agree, I think the bootlid needs to be painted with only the tail in CF.

Body panels are a great suggestion although a bit tougher to produce. I'll look into it for you guys.
none sense!!!! you need to paint everything except for 2 wide stripes of CF extending from CF hood, roof, and trunk lid hahah jk
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #41
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00o00 View Post
here ^ you said that it will flow aerodynamically... what do you bais this off of... i don't not assume that you used a wind tunnel for testing, did you?

this might be a retarded question, but im just curious, this would also apply in general, for example isn't the stock exaust supposted to be aerodynamically designed (although ugly) so if you change it, then arn't you changing the aerodynamics of the car?

sorry if this is stupid...
We have worked with Vorsteiner on the development of several parts including the current bootlid and upcoming E92 non-M hood. Vorsteiner does use aerodynamic testing programs to measure the drag coefficient before tooling and production so you can rest assured that they are designed to improve air flow and down force where applicable.
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #42
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
 
OC ///M's Avatar
 
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: So Cal

Posts: 1,813
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
This bootlid was originally designed to flow both aerodynamically and stylistically with the Vorsteiner M3 parts but it works perfectly on the E92 non-M as well

M3 bootlid is fully compatible with the E92 Non-M.
stands to reason as the bootlid and doors are the only carry-over body components from the reg e92 to the M3.

I'm definitely interested in a Vorsteiner cf bootlid, personally, I would paint mine. When was that ETA for availability?
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
OC ///M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #43
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

Posts: 17,022
iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
stands to reason as the bootlid and doors are the only carry-over body components from the reg e92 to the M3.

I'm definitely interested in a Vorsteiner cf bootlid, personally, I would paint mine. When was that ETA for availability?
Since the cars are essentially the same body and chassis, the same basic aerodynamic principles apply so you can bring parts from the non-M E92 to the M and vice versa.

As far as ETAs, the Bootlids are available now and shipping. The rest of the parts do not have specific time lines, these are just teasers of what is to come
SV Concepts III is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #44
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,487
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Vorstgeiner dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil. Lucas View Post
LMAO, its Vorsteiner. They'll ship it whenever they can be bothered coming into work...

Make sure you guys buy through good vendors, Vorsteiner is known for having horrible customer and vendor support/service..
Nothing against this vendor, but Evosport is excellent and also a Vorsteiner dealer. You've got options.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST