BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #23
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Thanks for all the replies guys. Keep in mind that I am not purposely taking adderall and marijuana together! The circumstances are as follows:

I was just prescribed adderall by my psychiatrist yesterday to help aid me when I try to study. I complained that I get an obsessive compulsive behavior when sitting down to study. It NEVER happens to me any other time except for when I sit/lay down to study.

I cant get comfortable and everything thing seems to bother me. From the position of my reading lamp, to messy papers on my desk, to the way the pillow is sitting behind my back. For some reason, I become very picky about my surroundings and my ability to get comfortable while studying. I also find it difficult to really pay attention to the material and absorb it.

I can read an article or watch a program about something Im interested in and be able to repeat the details almost verbatim. I even specifically pointed out to my doctor that there is a difference in reading a chapter in an economy book, vs. an article in a news paper. Add the extra stresses and pressures of feeling the need to fully understand and comprehend college reading material, vs. the care free and relaxed mind set of reading an article that in no way effects your GPA, a mid term, and so on........makes for a major difference.

Reading an article on a topic of interest is simple. Simple to understand, is entertaining, and simple to retain the details. Reading a text book, however, is different. There are terms and concepts that you must learn and retain, most of which are on subjects that aren't of particular interest. My point in this was to make sure that my doctor understood that I don't have a problem with reading and learning, its just a problem with really paying attention to the material in a text book. I find myself reading an entire page, word for word. Meanwhile my mind was in a totally different place.

So yesterday I had taken my first dose of Adderall (15 mg) after I had smoked a casual bowl with a friend before lunch. I smoke marijuana a few times a week, there fore the interaction with my adderall is inevitable. I plan on taking adderall only on days that I have class, so Monday through Thrusday (which includes test days and so on, since tests are usually given during regular class schedules), and at night when I study (which also means Monday through Thursday.....meaning only one dose taken daily, Mon-Thurs.)
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #24
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
54
Rep
337
Posts

 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys. Keep in mind that I am not purposely taking adderall and marijuana together! The circumstances are as follows:

I was just prescribed adderall by my psychiatrist yesterday to help aid me when I try to study. I complained that I get an obsessive compulsive behavior when sitting down to study. It NEVER happens to me any other time except for when I sit/lay down to study.

I cant get comfortable and everything thing seems to bother me. From the position of my reading lamp, to messy papers on my desk, to the way the pillow is sitting behind my back. For some reason, I become very picky about my surroundings and my ability to get comfortable while studying. I also find it difficult to really pay attention to the material and absorb it.

I can read an article or watch a program about something Im interested in and be able to repeat the details almost verbatim. I even specifically pointed out to my doctor that there is a difference in reading a chapter in an economy book, vs. an article in a news paper. Add the extra stresses and pressures of feeling the need to fully understand and comprehend college reading material, vs. the care free and relaxed mind set of reading an article that in no way effects your GPA, a mid term, and so on........makes for a major difference.

Reading an article on a topic of interest is simple. Simple to understand, is entertaining, and simple to retain the details. Reading a text book, however, is different. There are terms and concepts that you must learn and retain, most of which are on subjects that aren't of particular interest. My point in this was to make sure that my doctor understood that I don't have a problem with reading and learning, its just a problem with really paying attention to the material in a text book. I find myself reading an entire page, word for word. Meanwhile my mind was in a totally different place.

So yesterday I had taken my first dose of Adderall (15 mg) after I had smoked a casual bowl with a friend before lunch. I smoke marijuana a few times a week, there fore the interaction with my adderall is inevitable. I plan on taking adderall only on days that I have class, so Monday through Thrusday (which includes test days and so on, since tests are usually given during regular class schedules), and at night when I study (which also means Monday through Thursday.....meaning only one dose taken daily, Mon-Thurs.)
that's not a bad idea. take it when u have a test.. the weed might not be good before a test.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 02:50 AM   #25
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Kiemyster's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
83
Rep
3,132
Posts

 
Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens/NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
that's not a bad idea. take it when u have a test.. the weed might not be good before a test.
it depends... if he gets a strong sativa, then he will probably do excellent on his tests. now, if its anything else, then yeah, he'll lapse out lol.
__________________
"AMG What! S-Line Who? If you ain't got that M I got no respect for you!"
'06 Alpine Weiss E90 320i | '06 The Green Machine E90 325xi | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 M3 ZCP | '10 Silverstone X5M | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 335xi
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #26
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

I'm hearing that long term Adderall use has some very negative side effects. I read that it has been proven (by who, I dont know) that long term adderall use permanently alters brain function, as irregular blood flow in the brain can cause chronic convulsions and tremors........

if this is the case........... then Im not so sure I want to continue taking this. Anyone else have some light to shine on Adderall's long term side effects?
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #27
fotios335i
Major General
fotios335i's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
6,769
Posts

 
Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: cape cod MA

iTrader: (61)

you wont really get a high. IMO I think adderall is a very dangerous drug and can ruin your personality for a long time. Its not worth it. If you smoke you probably wont get high.I never could. its like your brain wont allow it.How often do you even laugh on adderall? probably not much.
__________________

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #28
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios330i View Post
you wont really get a high. IMO I think adderall is a very dangerous drug and can ruin your personality for a long time. Its not worth it. If you smoke you probably wont get high.I never could. its like your brain wont allow it.How often do you even laugh on adderall? probably not much.
And what are your sources for this information?

I've said it in this thread before, Im not using adderall to get "high" or help with anything that has to do with abusing it. My adderall is strictly for helping me focus better on school related activities/material. Yea its a bit odd that I get sort of serious when Im on adderall, kind of straight faced and uneasily amused. And on the first day I tried it, which was about 2 days ago, I had a bad come down where I felt like I was about to feel very bored, had nothing to look forward to, needed to find something fun to do, felt down in general, had slight jaw clenching, and had a bit of a racy and panicky heart, which lasted about an hour or less.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #29
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Im pretty nervous, scared, and unsure of this treatment, though I really need its beneficial effects. So please shine some light on this guys

So far, im not really seeing anything mentioned about its long term effects and such
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #30
fotios335i
Major General
fotios335i's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
6,769
Posts

 
Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: cape cod MA

iTrader: (61)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
And what are your sources for this information?

I've said it in this thread before, Im not using adderall to get "high" or help with anything that has to do with abusing it. My adderall is strictly for helping me focus better on school related activities/material. Yea its a bit odd that I get sort of serious when Im on adderall, kind of straight faced and uneasily amused. And on the first day I tried it, which was about 2 days ago, I had a bad come down where I felt like I was about to feel very bored, had nothing to look forward to, needed to find something fun to do, felt down in general, had slight jaw clenching, and had a bit of a racy and panicky heart, which lasted about an hour or less.
my source is myself. Ive been through a lot of dumb shit and I finally said this is enough. I wanted my smile back, I wanted to be me again for better or worse. I know it has benefits buts its just not worth it. To me it seems like it bottles up your free spirit. sounds gay but I think its true. Ive come a long way since the days of too much drugs. I now have a wife, a beautiful baby boy, a house, 2 really nice cars and im happy. I still fuck around here and there but not with the happiness removal pill. This is just my experience and my .02.
__________________

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #31
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios330i View Post
my source is myself. Ive been through a lot of dumb shit and I finally said this is enough. I wanted my smile back, I wanted to be me again for better or worse. I know it has benefits buts its just not worth it. To me it seems like it bottles up your free spirit. sounds gay but I think its true. Ive come a long way since the days of too much drugs. I now have a wife, a beautiful baby boy, a house, 2 really nice cars and im happy. I still fuck around here and there but not with the happiness removal pill. This is just my experience and my .02.
Doesn't sound gay at all dude. Losing your emotions and free spirit is gay....matter of fact, its really important. Well, we'll see how it goes for me
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #32
fotios335i
Major General
fotios335i's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
6,769
Posts

 
Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: cape cod MA

iTrader: (61)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Doesn't sound gay at all dude. Losing your emotions and free spirit is gay....matter of fact, its really important. Well, we'll see how it goes for me
good luck with whatever you do. stay busy and be productive and you'll be happy and fullfilled.
__________________

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #33
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios330i View Post
good luck with whatever you do. stay busy and be productive and you'll be happy and fullfilled.
thanks man
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #34
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

bump? on the topic of adderall's long term side effects.... bump?
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #35
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Kiemyster's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
83
Rep
3,132
Posts

 
Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens/NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
honestly? i wouldnt take adderall, at all. id just smoke, but only high grade sativa's. those are the best.
__________________
"AMG What! S-Line Who? If you ain't got that M I got no respect for you!"
'06 Alpine Weiss E90 320i | '06 The Green Machine E90 325xi | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 M3 ZCP | '10 Silverstone X5M | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 335xi
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #36
Couch
Colonel
Couch's Avatar
40
Rep
2,903
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys. Keep in mind that I am not purposely taking adderall and marijuana together! The circumstances are as follows:

I was just prescribed adderall by my psychiatrist yesterday to help aid me when I try to study. I complained that I get an obsessive compulsive behavior when sitting down to study. It NEVER happens to me any other time except for when I sit/lay down to study.

I cant get comfortable and everything thing seems to bother me. From the position of my reading lamp, to messy papers on my desk, to the way the pillow is sitting behind my back. For some reason, I become very picky about my surroundings and my ability to get comfortable while studying. I also find it difficult to really pay attention to the material and absorb it.

I can read an article or watch a program about something Im interested in and be able to repeat the details almost verbatim. I even specifically pointed out to my doctor that there is a difference in reading a chapter in an economy book, vs. an article in a news paper. Add the extra stresses and pressures of feeling the need to fully understand and comprehend college reading material, vs. the care free and relaxed mind set of reading an article that in no way effects your GPA, a mid term, and so on........makes for a major difference.

Reading an article on a topic of interest is simple. Simple to understand, is entertaining, and simple to retain the details. Reading a text book, however, is different. There are terms and concepts that you must learn and retain, most of which are on subjects that aren't of particular interest. My point in this was to make sure that my doctor understood that I don't have a problem with reading and learning, its just a problem with really paying attention to the material in a text book. I find myself reading an entire page, word for word. Meanwhile my mind was in a totally different place.

So yesterday I had taken my first dose of Adderall (15 mg) after I had smoked a casual bowl with a friend before lunch. I smoke marijuana a few times a week, there fore the interaction with my adderall is inevitable. I plan on taking adderall only on days that I have class, so Monday through Thrusday (which includes test days and so on, since tests are usually given during regular class schedules), and at night when I study (which also means Monday through Thursday.....meaning only one dose taken daily, Mon-Thurs.)
I had the same problem in school. I could never ever sit down to study. I could write papers and work on projects in one spot for 12+ hours straight though.

I was fortunate I guess. I never studied in college, smoked daily and still graduated.

Good luck man, just stay aware of how you feel. I've never been a fan of poppin pills to solve problems "science" claims we have. Too many other problems can arise. So just be careful.

Bests.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #37
AndrewAZ
Major
AndrewAZ's Avatar
43
Rep
1,244
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys. Keep in mind that I am not purposely taking adderall and marijuana together! The circumstances are as follows:

I was just prescribed adderall by my psychiatrist yesterday to help aid me when I try to study. I complained that I get an obsessive compulsive behavior when sitting down to study. It NEVER happens to me any other time except for when I sit/lay down to study.

I cant get comfortable and everything thing seems to bother me. From the position of my reading lamp, to messy papers on my desk, to the way the pillow is sitting behind my back. For some reason, I become very picky about my surroundings and my ability to get comfortable while studying. I also find it difficult to really pay attention to the material and absorb it.

I can read an article or watch a program about something Im interested in and be able to repeat the details almost verbatim. I even specifically pointed out to my doctor that there is a difference in reading a chapter in an economy book, vs. an article in a news paper. Add the extra stresses and pressures of feeling the need to fully understand and comprehend college reading material, vs. the care free and relaxed mind set of reading an article that in no way effects your GPA, a mid term, and so on........makes for a major difference.

Reading an article on a topic of interest is simple. Simple to understand, is entertaining, and simple to retain the details. Reading a text book, however, is different. There are terms and concepts that you must learn and retain, most of which are on subjects that aren't of particular interest. My point in this was to make sure that my doctor understood that I don't have a problem with reading and learning, its just a problem with really paying attention to the material in a text book. I find myself reading an entire page, word for word. Meanwhile my mind was in a totally different place.

So yesterday I had taken my first dose of Adderall (15 mg) after I had smoked a casual bowl with a friend before lunch. I smoke marijuana a few times a week, there fore the interaction with my adderall is inevitable. I plan on taking adderall only on days that I have class, so Monday through Thrusday (which includes test days and so on, since tests are usually given during regular class schedules), and at night when I study (which also means Monday through Thursday.....meaning only one dose taken daily, Mon-Thurs.)

I think thats just about normal for everyone.. It would be abnormal not to do what you listed.. For the most part I screw around all day and only do about 15-20 mins of work usually at the very end of the night when all that is on TV are infomercials that I have seen thousands of times.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #38
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
54
Rep
337
Posts

 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

iTrader: (0)

when I was on ritalin I was like a zombie but it help my schoolwork...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 03:30 AM   #39
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
198
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
I think thats just about normal for everyone.. It would be abnormal not to do what you listed.. For the most part I screw around all day and only do about 15-20 mins of work usually at the very end of the night when all that is on TV are infomercials that I have seen thousands of times.
I know man, but in this highly competitive and highly productive day and age that we live in, combined with my age.....it puts so much pressure on us (my generation). Makes us, or me at least, feel like we need to be perfect and perform at top percentile levels. And that we need to learn everything, quickly, efficiently, and as much as possible.

I know that all of the human characteristics that I just mentioned above are in fact positive traits and an elite mentality. But the pressures are still there, baring down on us.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #40
MTV
Banned
Canada
56
Rep
1,906
Posts

 
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
I know man, but in this highly competitive and highly productive day and age that we live in, combined with my age.....it puts so much pressure on us (my generation). Makes us, or me at least, feel like we need to be perfect and perform at top percentile levels. And that we need to learn everything, quickly, efficiently, and as much as possible.

I know that all of the human characteristics that I just mentioned above are in fact positive traits and an elite mentality. But the pressures are still there, baring down on us.
I used to get really stressed about my schoolwork and had a similar problem with reading texts and so on. I would be reading but my mind would be thinking of something else and I wouldn't absorb the material.

Now I'm more relaxed about it and I don't stress over it. If I fail something or do bad on an assignment, it doesn't really matter anymore. I'll just do better on the next one...

I'll do my homework and study for tests, but I don't try as hard as I used to. I'm a lot happier this way too. And I still get good marks, I just don't have to stress over it. And being more relaxed I'm able to devote my full attention when I study.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #41
rambino
Rape Your Car!
rambino's Avatar
9
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: 335ci
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
i never liked ritalin. made me like a zombie...
+100


I had the Worst experience ever.

My doctor put me on the shit when i was 7- 17 years of age.. He was a wako, started me at 20mg a day ended up at 120mg a day slow release on ritalin. I was so hopped up on the stuff that when he would do testing on me off it, i was comeing down like a crack head so hes prescribe even more.

I had, Posion, Spider, Dog, Social, Dirt, Flying, Breathing etcc Phobias.. people avoided me in school.. it really dented my life growing up..

The doc went out of business.. I talked to a new one.. he asked me what i wanted i said 10mg a day.. he said OK, my mom had a fit because i wasnt a perfect zombie son anymore.. after that i quit taking it when i went to college and have been fine ever since.

Marijuana calmed me down for the next 8 years.. But i just quit that 2 weeks ago. As a daily chronic smoker with a lot of free time alone because i move a lot for my job, i realised i was becoming depressed, silly psychotic ephisodes, uncontrollable addictions to things, and a lack of self disciple..

Sure enjoying it with a few friends once in a while is still ok.. but as far as a daily non stop smoker.. ive realized it truely isnt healthy and has made my head a mess..

Since ive quit (3 weeks now) im happier, my head is becoming more straight, i can finally think clear, i can remember stuff, my little silly psychotic acts and thoughts have stopped, my growing uncontrollable addictions to things have stopped, ive regained discipline and focus in my life and i just feel a hell of a lot better.. dont get me wrong i love the stuff but truely after non stop 8 year thing.. ive realised its not good in that way..

Last edited by rambino; 02-19-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST