BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #23
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
You have to admit that if one was to pick a single forum of any brand that hated BMWs most (in general), it'd undoubtedly be an Audi forum. What you say is pretty much completely true, except whenever I go on an Audi forum and browse around I almost always run into multiple anti-BMW threads. I'm surprised actually, because Inifiniti forums are (from my exeperience) less anti-BMW than Audi forums. I would think otherwise.
+1

I have never seen so much hate against BMW on any other forums, except Audis.
My friend that owns an Audi is the same way. He tries to hide it, but I know he thinks "BMW has stupid RWD and cheap ugly interior". Even when I tell him BMW won a test or something he completly dismisses it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #24
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
SpecC's Avatar
170
Rep
15,442
Posts

 
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco and Davis

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to SpecC
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
+1

I have never seen so much hate against BMW on any other forums, except Audis.
My friend that owns an Audi is the same way. He tries to hide it, but I know he thinks "BMW has stupid RWD and cheap ugly interior". Even when I tell him BMW won a test or something he completly dismisses it.
most japanese performance companies like evos, STIs, Z's all love BMWs. in fact, a lot of them are thinking of getting a 135i! i think it's just audi and maybe other germans in general
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #25
Walked U
Brigadier General
69
Rep
3,118
Posts

 
Drives: RR sport s/c, E82, E89 3.5is
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Cause it's orange with hello kitty on the side.
Seriously, fucking hello kitty haters. hahahah
__________________
Previous - E90 335i, E82
Current - E89 / Range Rover sport Super charged.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #26
garyhgaryh
Major
garyhgaryh's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,208
Posts

 
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: santa cruz

iTrader: (4)

Walk U,
Does your car really have a Hello kitty on it or is it photoshoped?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #27
md80tom
Private
0
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 AW 330i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
You have to admit that if one was to pick a single forum of any brand that hated BMWs most (in general), it'd undoubtedly be an Audi forum. What you say is pretty much completely true, except whenever I go on an Audi forum and browse around I almost always run into multiple anti-BMW threads. I'm surprised actually, because Inifiniti forums are (from my exeperience) less anti-BMW than Audi forums. I would think otherwise.
It really works both ways. BMW and Audi is just having a mad competition between their owners but really, its like apples and pears. Some are more juicy than others, some are just more sour.

But really to the OP, the thread is kind of useless. Maybe a moral boost but that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #28
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
TheAcAvenger's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
3,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 757, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Walk U,
Does your car really have a Hello kitty on it or is it photoshoped?
It's a photoshop, man. That would be hilarious. The infamous Walked U making racing vids in his hello kitty car? Damn the embarassment that would go along with getting beaten by that thing.


On another note, do you know how much audi bashing goes on this site!?
__________________
2007 E92 335i - TC Kline DA Coilovers, HPA M3 Suspension Retrofit, Quaife LSD, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, Volk TE-37s, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Forge DVs, Stett OC, RB Turbos, Procede V5, PWM Meth, Helix IC, EAS DCI, Rixster VEI, M-Tech Sides, OEM Aero Lip, Rieger Spoiler, Vorsteiner V-35 Hood, Performance Steering Wheel, Anthracite Headliner, OSS Headlights
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #29
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
40
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
On another note, do you know how much audi bashing goes on this site!?
Yea, the hate goes both ways.

Its inevitable.

There are a rare few who don't put one brand on a pedastal over the rest.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 12:32 AM   #30
md80tom
Private
0
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 AW 330i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Yea, the hate goes both ways.

Its inevitable.

There are a rare few who don't put one brand on a pedastal over the rest.
Yes. guys like us. rofl
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:50 AM   #31
Ender514
General
Ender514's Avatar
United_States
210
Rep
20,999
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philly

iTrader: (0)

I currently have a G35 Coupe and mostly post in a G forum. A lot of guys on the site have gotten rid of their G's for the 335. My lease is up in Sept and I plan on doing the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #32
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

cool, and yea what is with Audi guys and their dislike for BMW's. WTF is their deal? Its not like we're like Mercedes, who's NOT sport/performance oriented. BMW's, Audi's, and Porsche's are all performance oriented cars. So you would think they would appreciate that and be cool with us right? Apparently, according to a few of my V-dub friends, Audi guys arent that cool with VW people either (why? I dunno, especially since Audi + VW = almost the same thing). Well thats fine, let them hate....

Nice to see that 350Z'ers appreciate us.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #33
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender514 View Post
I currently have a G35 Coupe and mostly post in a G forum. A lot of guys on the site have gotten rid of their G's for the 335. My lease is up in Sept and I plan on doing the same.
nice, you wont be disappointed!
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #34
Ender514
General
Ender514's Avatar
United_States
210
Rep
20,999
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philly

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
nice, you wont be disappointed!
I'm counting down the months
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #35
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Check out this guy's post of RS6.com:
(I know it's painful to read, but this is a typical Audi guy, and his username is "iHateRWD")


"now i read all the reviews and just as i knew RS6 kicks his M5 ass...there is a review where it says:RS6 DOESN'T BEAT M5 IT HUMILIATE HIM So how's the guy who said that M5 will leave RS6 after getting to 200km/h ?i wanna see him eating his words...we are not talking about M POWER or AMG we are talking about MOSTE EXPENSIVE AND POWERFUL SPORTS BRAND IN THE WORLD QUATTRO G.M.B.H.... and the other thing, i saw a lotttttttttt of RS4 vs new M3 and RS4 beat the crap of M3 even on 200km/h, BUT only when the driver actually knows very well the car and knows how to drive at the limit an RS4, ONLY THEN, but those idiots from m3post.com logically that DON'T KNOW TO DRIVE AN RS4, it's not an BMW, it's an AUDI and you can't actually drive like a BMW, so who is responsable for that?!To big subjectivism on the drag races of RS4 vs M3 E92, only GERMAN MAGAZINES know well...i saw and read AMS and Autobild track times and accelerations of M3 E92, C63AMG and RS4 and RS4 is a bit faster with not much but FASTER, do you imagine if Walter Rohl will drive an RS4 to Nurburgring what will do?Or the new RS6?DRIVERS'S CAR IS NOT FOR EVERY AVARAGE DRIVER WHO THINK HE CAN DRIVE, ONLY FOR THE BEST, THAT'S THE RS4, so f...k the stupid testers who think that can drive and filmed some bulky craps of RS4 vs new M3 when M3 wins...70% of the tests are in favour of RS4 also like RS6 vs M5, so i would botter again to see another user on this forum to say that on bla bla 200km/h an M caca power can beat an RS...really?PROVE ME...are you better than AUTOBILD AND AMS?"

"As someone who's respecting my knowledge about Audi's and future Audi's i would definitively show you again that i'm right, since the RS6 has 580HP as i said a year ago:P The RS6 Saloon will have the same 580HP, 1960kg, 4.5 0-100km/h and 14.8s 0-200km/h official times, the back of the car will be exactly like in the photos you've seen spyed today but the tail lights will be different and will be more present wheel arches for the wheels to fit like are present in RS4 but in the saloon will be more agressive because of the shape of the car. i allready saw the car in person but hadn't been aloud to take pictures :LOL of course that happens when you have guards on you))and the other way is that the car will smash Nurburging in 7:50s (tom kristensen did that, and i found about this after) and of course the car definitively will humiliate M5 and E63AMG...and the bomb is that YES...the real performance figures of the engine are not real as audi says...600HP and 690NM of torque, you will se on the future Dyno tests and, acceleration times will be like 4.1s in real test including driver and full tank...the car will be presented in the autuumn at the same time with the new A6 facelift, not sooner because of the Q5 and A5 cabriolet presentations in the spring and summer...time will tell if i'm right!
p.s. I HATE M POWER AND BMW because people who have an BMW or M changed very fast and become so bad so nervous so bad ass "Cool"...and their plates number are like this:BOSS,SEF (BOSS in my language),SMK(interlop looked drug dealer etc),NFS(NEED FOR STUPID)) and so on...and they even think that BMW can take Audi,Lamborghini,Ferrari,Pagani,Mercedes,etc...the y are "KING OF THE ROAD" and "KING OF WOMENS"...yeahhh right...now you understand why i have this no sympathy for bmw and bmw drivers?!"

What a retard!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #36
Harrelson
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

 
Drives: T650i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

wow a real retard there. calm tf down mate
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #37
md80tom
Private
0
Rep
98
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 AW 330i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Uh, I wouldn't worry too much about that post. He's probably 10 and does not represent the majority of the Audi owners I know. Plus all the ones I've talked to are fine with Dubbers such as myself... least the ones that come out to our h20i show every year.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #38
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
159
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
That guy, sorry child is probably no more than 12 and shouldn't be regarded as your typical Audi Fan. No doubt we have someone similar on this site.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #39
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
OBI_agent's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
107
Rep
2,103
Posts

 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Check out this guy's post of RS6.com:
(I know it's painful to read, but this is a typical Audi guy, and his username is "iHateRWD")


p.s. I HATE M POWER AND BMW because people who have an BMW or M changed very fast and become so bad so nervous so bad ass "Cool"...and their plates number are like this:BOSS,SEF (BOSS in my language),SMK(interlop looked drug dealer etc),NFS(NEED FOR STUPID)) and so on...and they even think that BMW can take Audi,Lamborghini,Ferrari,Pagani,Mercedes,etc...the y are "KING OF THE ROAD" and "KING OF WOMENS"...yeahhh right...now you understand why i have this no sympathy for bmw and bmw drivers?!"

What a retard!!!
Haha...Where did u get this from(source)?

Another thing I would like to add is that I aint a Audi fan(I do like AWD but, RWD are better) but I know that Audi have come a long way to come close to even competing with BMW. Don't hate it because of some AUDI forum members who make comments or stories like these....Just appreciate that BMW is getting competition.

And in response to the above paragraph, you know what BMW is.....A benchmark company, a trend setter and the best part....A true RWD(50/50 distribution). Heck I dont even own a BMW but I know what it is. ...

Appreciate the fact that BMW got competition by Audi ,as this can only accelerate to good, high tech innovation to make the cars better of their respected companies

I know that you don't hate Audi but....so don't be saddened by this ill responsible comments made by the Audi member. Think of it this way, people are jealous because you drive a better branded car then them

Finally, I would like to add that this person was merely excited about a RS6 being able to beat a M5 but I know, BMW's M division will surely come up with something better
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #40
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
SpecC's Avatar
170
Rep
15,442
Posts

 
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco and Davis

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to SpecC
i completely disregarded his message after seeing his lack of punctuation and terrible sources...

guys, i wouldn't worry about something like that if i were you. We know some Audi people can be dicks, but then so are a lot of BMW people...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #41
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14507&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Haha...Where did u get this from(source)?

Another thing I would like to add is that I aint a Audi fan(I do like AWD but, RWD are better) but I know that Audi have come a long way to come close to even competing with BMW. Don't hate it because of some AUDI forum members who make comments or stories like these....Just appreciate that BMW is getting competition.

And in response to the above paragraph, you know what BMW is.....A benchmark company, a trend setter and the best part....A true RWD(50/50 distribution). Heck I dont even own a BMW but I know what it is. ...

Appreciate the fact that BMW got competition by Audi ,as this can only accelerate to good, high tech innovation to make the cars better of their respected companies

I know that you don't hate Audi but....so don't be saddened by this ill responsible comments made by the Audi member. Think of it this way, people are jealous because you drive a better branded car then them

Finally, I would like to add that this person was merely excited about a RS6 being able to beat a M5 but I know, BMW's M division will surely come up with something better
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #42
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
159
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Finally, I would like to add that this person was merely excited about a RS6 being able to beat a M5 but I know, BMW's M division will surely come up with something better
That is the beauty of competition, it pushes each to produce a better car with each new model, some may feel that M3 isn't as good as some previous versions but the reality is that attitudes and expectations change and a car has to compete not with the previous car but the competition that is present at the time.

Personally I am really excited about the new RS6, not in the way this dick is but because of the fact that Audi in this case has pushed the bar that little bit higher for the other to reach/better, with the exception of the RS4 one could say that BMW has had it all it's own way and yet they only sat back on their laurels once with the M3 and didn't produce their best. At least with Audi and Merc now taking their respective performance models seriously we can hope to see some brilliant examples coming from Munich in the future.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #43
BoostedBMW
Moderator
BoostedBMW's Avatar
United_States
82
Rep
6,787
Posts

 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Most 350z drivers are just car enthusiasts , which is a nice change from what you usually find on car forums where people only like what they drive.

My bro has a 350z... they are very fun cars to drive. Aside from a few rattles here and there, they are great cars.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #44
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
OBI_agent's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
107
Rep
2,103
Posts

 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
That is the beauty of competition, it pushes each to produce a better car with each new model, some may feel that M3 isn't as good as some previous versions but the reality is that attitudes and expectations change and a car has to compete not with the previous car but the competition that is present at the time.

Personally I am really excited about the new RS6, not in the way this dick is but because of the fact that Audi in this case has pushed the bar that little bit higher for the other to reach/better, with the exception of the RS4 one could say that BMW has had it all it's own way and yet they only sat back on their laurels once with the M3 and didn't produce their best. At least with Audi and Merc now taking their respective performance models seriously we can hope to see some brilliant examples coming from Munich in the future.
+1....I agree with everything except for the D1ck nick ...lol.......!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST