BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Strasse Wheels
View Poll Results: Do Christians drive BMWs? (Another way of asking Are you...?)
Yes, I am Christian. 151 55.31%
No, I am not Christian. 79 28.94%
I don't know if I am a Christian. 5 1.83%
What is a Christian? 15 5.49%
I was a Christian, but not anymore. 23 8.42%
I would like to be a Christian. 0 0%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

02-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #265
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Q. Why do Muslims allow terrorists to act in the name of Islam?

A. not clear
Q. Why do people expect the full responsibility to rest on true Muslims shoulders?

A. Not clear.

I'll tell you what I think though... I think it's unacceptable to make it just our responsibility. The fact is that we have our speeches at Mosques, we have our events and lectures, we write books and websites to show the TRUE light of Islam.

Now, what more can we do apart from that? These terrorists have access to arms, explosives and other resources. It is EXTREMELY hard to stop them using such things. I mean, it's like asking "Why do American and British people allow their governments and armies to start illegal wars based on lies?" There has been objection to the war in Iraq ALL over the world and even that didnt put a stop to it...
      02-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #266
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Q. Why do people expect the full responsibility to rest on true Muslims shoulders?

A. Not clear.

I'll tell you what I think though... I think it's unacceptable to make it just our responsibility. The fact is that we have our speeches at Mosques, we have our events and lectures, we write books and websites to show the TRUE light of Islam.

Now, what more can we do apart from that? These terrorists have access to arms, explosives and other resources. It is EXTREMELY hard to stop them using such things. I mean, it's like asking "Why do American and British people allow their governments and armies to start illegal wars based on lies?" There has been objection to the war in Iraq ALL over the world and even that didnt put a stop to it...

Let me answer to you by asking a question...
Are you a Jew

There are terror attacks from all sides, ones are more popularized through the media, others are just classified differently (Iraq war), and so on...
Imagine this -- people defending their country and fighting the occupator we call the insurgents, which is equalized in the heads of 90% of Americans as terrorists...
On the other hand, we call us the liberators for killing tens of thousands of innocent (call them a colleteral damage to wash our hands), destroy country's infrastructure and everything else...

On a contrary, somewhere else, lets say in Serbia, the part of the country wants to separate completely ILLEGALLY and against any rules, and our government is pushing and supporting the move, yet, the current leaders in Kosovo are former leaders of the , according to our government, illegal terrorist organization. Also, any idea of separating a piece of land in this country was dealt with in the most "humane" way by burning the source of the idea...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #267
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

hks786,

Don't you think that local Muslim elders are indoctrinating young guys to go blow themselves up.

I agree that there is frustration in the middle east due to US presence, but most of 9-11 attackers were educated and exposed to western culture enough to see that it is no all evil.

My point is that your local imam must guide in a positive way.
Best example is the Danish cartoon issue being blown way out of proportion by Muslim religious leaders.
Agree?

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #268
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
hks786,

Don't you think that local Muslim elders are indoctrinating young guys to go blow themselves up.

I agree that there is frustration in the middle east due to US presence, but most of 9-11 attackers were educated and exposed to western culture enough to see that it is no all evil.

My point is that your local imam must guide in a positive way.
Best example is the Danish cartoon issue being blown way out of proportion by Muslim religious leaders.
Agree?
Agree and disagree

I totally agree that it is the responsibility of our religious leaders in Mosques. I would even go further to say it is the responsibility of EVERY muslim. However, the local Imams in my area are perfectly peaceful. We even have open days for non-muslims to come see what Islam is really all about.

I also do agree that there are a few Imams who try to spread evil. What can we true Muslims do except speak against them? That's why we have websites, books, lectures, events etc. Physically we cant do anything to stop them carrying out their attacks.

Now I guess we must ask ourselves why after the true light of Islam has been shown to these Muslims do they still carry out their attacks? I think a LOT of them feel oppressed and feel pain for their oppressed brothers in the East. They have come to hate non-muslims and not trust any at all.

That's why I think a lot of this is on a political level. No Muslim would give his blood by blowing himself up for no reason. Either he is brainwashed or he feels oppressed or pain for his oppressed brother. I think the brainwashing part is what you are reffering to.

I totally agree and have pointed out our efforts to stop this, but we must address the political aspect. But how can we? The west and the media have succeeded in portraying Muslims to be violent people. We read about "Islamic terrorists" and "Islamic Jihadists" and that's had an effect on how people think.

So how can the western governments now sit down and talk to these terrorists after branding them as animals? The public would reject it. Also, it's not in their interest. At the moment the west can get into any land they wish even by telling lies.

Regarding 9/11, I dont even know if I believe it to be what America told us it was. I wont go as far to say that it was fake and I know it 100%, but I do strongly suspect it was. Even if it wasnt, the dispute over the oppression in the East started way before 9/11.
      02-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #269
Neurorad
Major
Rep

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

All over the world, Muslims show disdain for non-Muslims. I understand the vast majority of Muslims would never do anything personally to hurt another human. But that doesn't translate into action.

All sorts of declarations against violence have been made by North American and European Imams. Very few, it seems, come from the Middle East, where fear and hatred of the U.S. is most encountered, where Israel is the obvious enemy.

HKS, even though you say the Koran does not justify terrorism, it's a fact that many Muslims hate the U.S., and on 9/11 the streets were filled all over the world with celebrating Muslims.

I would like to make it clear that outside of the Middle East, where Muslims live and work among non-Muslims (North America, Europe), the followers of Islam, for the most part, openly condemn terrorism.

In the Middle East, Muslims use (wrongly, as HKS makes it clear) the Koran to justify terrorism. But that doesn't stop them from doing it.

So, HKS, what should be done to stop terrorists from using Islam as justification for their acts, and giving all Muslims a bad name? Please be specific.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #270
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
All sorts of declarations against violence have been made by North American and European Imams. Very few, it seems, come from the Middle East, where fear and hatred of the U.S. is most encountered, where Israel is the obvious enemy.
I agree that very few IT SEEMS in the middle east take action, however, be assured that while we quietly perform our prayers in the Mosque the Imam always gives speeches to condemn these bloody acts. This is something that goes on within all Mosques in the world.

Apart from that we also have other events at Mosques to discuss terrorism in the world. The reason why IT SEEMS these things dont go on is because even the media is controlled. The media doesnt show us this sort of thing. In the same way, we dont have HUGE press coverage about the yearly Zakat we Muslims take part in where 2.5% of our total income is given to the poor.

Even Hajj doesnt have HUGE press coverage even though it is the most amazing thing to see. Millions of poor, rich, black and white Muslims all wear the same clothing, eat the same food, sleep in the same places and take part in the same pilgrimage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad
HKS, even though you say the Koran does not justify terrorism, it's a fact that many Muslims hate the U.S., and on 9/11 the streets were filled all over the world with celebrating Muslims.

I would like to make it clear that outside of the Middle East, where Muslims live and work among non-Muslims (North America, Europe), the followers of Islam, for the most part, openly condemn terrorism.

In the Middle East, Muslims use (wrongly, as HKS makes it clear) the Koran to justify terrorism. But that doesn't stop them from doing it.
I totally agree bro, that's why it's on a political level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad
So, HKS, what should be done to stop terrorists from using Islam as justification for their acts, and giving all Muslims a bad name? Please be specific.
To be specific, I say we have to look at it on a political level. Despite military action in Iraq and Afghanistan terrorism and hate is still across the world. How will guns even solve anything? Muslims and Non-Muslims have to come together and find common terms so that we can find peaceful ways to live with eachother. Oppression and greed needs to stop, but so does the suicide bombing.