BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
The State of the Union

President George W. Bush will address the United State people in a joint session of congress tonight at about 9 PM ET.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      01-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
This was President Bush's final State of the Union address.

President Bush's voice had something wrong with it. It sounded like he had just had a tooth extracted or something.

Here are some highlights for me in the speech:

He will veto any tax increases.

He will veto any bill that does not restrain earmarks to half their number and half their dollar amount compared with what congress has been offering in spending bills.

There are 20,000 troops coming home from Irag in the next few months.

There's a troop surge of U.S. Marines going to Afghanistan (I think he said 3,200).

Last edited by scottwww; 01-28-2008 at 10:33 PM.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      01-29-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

he had some idiotic claims, but overall, I think this was one of his better speaches...I'd say this time at the level of a high school kid. He made a few members of the crowd laugh a few times hitting some "big" words... As my 6 yo would say -- practice, practice, practice...

On the other hand, the crowd in there was even more idiotic for clapping to the war criminal and distroyer of a nice country...

Hopefully this will be the last time his sorry ass will take and hour (or more) of my TV time -- damn it all stations covered that crap and my other option was to watch cartoons that actually were more educational than the BS out of that man's mouth...
      01-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
On the other hand, the crowd in there was even more idiotic for clapping to the war criminal and distroyer of a nice country...

Words are just that without basis in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      01-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post

Words are just that without basis in fact.
Facts for the war criminal are easily there -- look at Afghanistan and Iraqi civilian deaths...

As for distroying the USA...correct, I cannot prove it now, but lets talk about that in about 5 years...
      01-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Facts for the war criminal are easily there -- look at Afghanistan and Iraqi civilian deaths...

As for distroying the USA...correct, I cannot prove it now, but lets talk about that in about 5 years...
Because civilians are accidentally killed while fighting terrorists and insurgents it's our fault? Hell, most of them aren't even killed accidentally by our forces but rather purposefully by the people we're fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      01-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #7
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Because civilians are accidentally killed while fighting terrorists and insurgents it's our fault? Hell, most of them aren't even killed accidentally by our forces but rather purposefully by the people we're fighting.

Thats what the FOX tells you and of course you believe them since you never left your little town in your life. How come our troops are not accidentally hit by the bombs? How come News crews are not??? How come over 100k accidents???
And just by being accidental, you justify that?
Was the aggression and distruction of the sovereign country accidental?
Was the misconduct that we don't hear about any more (Marines executing civilians and so on) accidental?

All of the above constitute war crimes and the commander in chief is FULLY responsible for every and each of them just like we held other leaders responsible for their actions then we either "took care" of them or let them die quickly...(before more of the truth came out)
      01-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      02-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Because civilians are accidentally killed while fighting terrorists and insurgents it's our fault?
If your mother or wife or your child was "accidentally" killed by a cop in the cross fire of a shoot out with a crimminal or if she was "accidentally" run over by a cop who was persuing a car theif in a stolen car who's fault would it be?
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      02-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #10
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
If your mother or wife or your child was "accidentally" killed by a cop in the cross fire of a shoot out with a crimminal or if she was "accidentally" run over by a cop who was persuing a car theif in a stolen car who's fault would it be?

Great example...
Now add to that -- if your mother or a child or the whole family was accidentally killed by the Canadian Cop that crossed our border chasing someone!!!

THe cop illegaly crossed into the foreign territory and then murdered someone...

People just don't look at things the right way...
      02-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

^^^ A lot of people on this forum look at things the "right" way only .
They need to look both left and right...
Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States