BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-17-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

M-DCT avaliable in the US ordering system next week

I just got off the phone with my dealer. He is saying he got info from BMWNA stating that the M-DCT option will be available in the internal ordering system beginning next week.

I am simply relaying what he told me, and have no way of confirming this.

Has anyone else heard of this?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I thought I remember you saying your dealer never knew anything.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I thought I remember you saying your dealer never knew anything.
He doesn't and didn't when I called him. I made him go on the system, and make him find and read the annoucement over the phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
WCH
Major
WCH's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,233
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F10 M5 SG
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
My CA said that more info was due next week (he'd already given me pricing info on M-DCT) - perhaps this is what he meant.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
Bennu
Colonel
Bennu's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,257
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Palm Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
I just spoke to my dealer and he put me in for the M-DCT transmission. I'm sooooo happy!!! IT'S A GREAT DAY!
__________________
------------------------------------------------
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
rvacha
Captain
rvacha's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I can confirm that my dealer said the same thing this morning. He wasn't specific about a date other than "next week". Currently there are no prices entered in the system for standalone options but supposedly that will "fill in" next week at the same time. Ditto on the gas guzzler tax.

Looks like BMW is really ramping things up for the US now. In under 24 hours my production slot bumped up from week 8 to week 6 - they've got to nail all this ordering and pricing stuff down ASAP.
__________________

'03 X5 4.4i Blue/Tan
'06 E90 330Xi 6MT Sparkling Graphite/Terra
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth <-- Evil Twin
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW M5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

That's odd. I just got back from ordering mine and it already has the M-DCT option in there. This is at a dealership in Houston.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
BMW3R
Bimmer User
BMW3R's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
585
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SLC, UT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
Yes, I was told that when the next allocation is available that I will be able to select m-DCT sedan!
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - Space Gray, ZCP, Akra Evo System, aFe filter, PC Stage II Tune & more!!!!

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #9
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
That's odd. I just got back from ordering mine and it already has the M-DCT option in there. This is at a dealership in Houston.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I assume you did not order M-DCT?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #10
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3R View Post
Yes, I was told that when the next allocation is available that I will be able to select m-DCT sedan!
In June perhaps.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #11
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW M5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I assume you did not order M-DCT?
Actually I did. I have two separate pieces of documentation (that I was planning to scan but my scanner went kaput) that show 2MK - M double-clutch transmission with Drivelogic. I have a thread in the general forum with all of my options listed.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108070
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
domer86
Trouble Maker
domer86's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

The other dealer in Houston (Advantage) called today, notifying me that the first production of the DKG would be available in April. I told him to cancel my order as I would take the first one that was available....
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #13
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW M5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer86 View Post
The other dealer in Houston (Advantage) called today, notifying me that the first production of the DKG would be available in April. I told him to cancel my order as I would take the first one that was available....
Yeah, April is when mine is due. But the production date is week 10 (1st week of March). So not sure if they mean April is when the first ones arrive or when they start production on the DCT.
BTW, there are three dealers in Houston that I know of. There is also Momentum which has locations in 59S and also I-10 W.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #14
domer86
Trouble Maker
domer86's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Yonkers, from what I have heard and personal experience, Momentum is not very sharp. Basically my father tried to buy my mothers 5 series from there and they ordered her car but somehow it never came or was the order form ever found again. Weird? LOL so thats all I have to say about Momentum. As far as changing my order I pray that I am in the same boat as you right now 1st week of March for production would not be bad at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 02:06 AM   #15
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW M5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

I would never, ever buy from Momentum. I just wanted to mention that there was another dealership. I would wait an extra month to just not buy from Momentum.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #16
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
Currently there are no prices entered in the system for standalone options but supposedly that will "fill in" next week at the same time.
Yes, I am particularly interested in the stand-alone leather option. I don't think it makes sense for it to be $1450 given the premium package is $1900.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #17
gasman
Member
gasman's Avatar
15
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
Yeah, April is when mine is due. But the production date is week 10 (1st week of March). So not sure if they mean April is when the first ones arrive or when they start production on the DCT.
BTW, there are three dealers in Houston that I know of. There is also Momentum which has locations in 59S and also I-10 W.

BMW of Woodlands has treated me well. I'm #2 on the list and will be getting allocation in the next week. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #18
ronnie dobbs
Private
ronnie dobbs's Avatar
0
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Since this has turned into somewhat of a Houston M3 thread, thought I'd give my update (which also involves DCT). I just put down my deposit for a sedan (Advantage Clear Lake) and got my status 047 printout. The M-DCT tranny didn't show up in my dealer's system, but my dealer went ahead and put a note in the directors note section of the order form that I am waiting on a DCT slot to open up. This probably means my order will be sitting there until close to June, but I am told that I'm first in line at that dealer for a sedan with DCT (there are a few 6-speed sedans in front of me). Anyway, for those of you waiting for a sedan with DCT, this may be helpful.

As for my order, I am still trying to decide on a color combo, but my prelim spec is Jet Black/black, premium, 19's, DCT, tech and maybe premium sound. I'm still annoyed about the price tag on prem sound, but I lstened to it in an M6 they had on the lot and think I'd really miss not having it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #19
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
218
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW M5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
BMW of Woodlands has treated me well. I'm #2 on the list and will be getting allocation in the next week. Can't wait!
That's the same dealership as mine. BMW Houston North and Woodlands is owned by the same company. Momentum BMW and BMW West is owned by the same. And Advantage Downtown and Clear Lake are the same. I bought my 323 from Advantage but they're too far for service so I went with BMW North this time. Momentum has horrible service and attitude so I would never buy or be serviced there.
And when you say getting allocation, does that mean you'll be getting a production number? I'm status 047 right now I think which means just requesting a production date. Is that a very 'soft' date? I'm kinda worried now.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #20
Johndoe
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
257
Posts

 
Drives: 09 M3 sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

anyone got a slot for M-DCT - SEDAN yet?

showing up in system as unavailable as of yesterday.....anyone got different feedback
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #21
gasman
Member
gasman's Avatar
15
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
That's the same dealership as mine. BMW Houston North and Woodlands is owned by the same company. Momentum BMW and BMW West is owned by the same. And Advantage Downtown and Clear Lake are the same. I bought my 323 from Advantage but they're too far for service so I went with BMW North this time. Momentum has horrible service and attitude so I would never buy or be serviced there.
And when you say getting allocation, does that mean you'll be getting a production number? I'm status 047 right now I think which means just requesting a production date. Is that a very 'soft' date? I'm kinda worried now.

All I was told was that they(BMW Woodlands) received one allocation for Jan/Feb which will be the dealer car. My CA said that as long as he gets allocation for two cars for Mar/Apr that I would be one of them as I am #2 on the list. My CA has my specs but I have yet to get any kind of production number. He said when recieves allocation, he will call me!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #22
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
M-DCT on sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndoe View Post
showing up in system as unavailable as of yesterday.....anyone got different feedback
Only showing for the vert, which has no release date, so it's moot.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST