BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #199
edgarj
Captain
 
edgarj's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92, PROcede, Eisen-fake
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: East Tennessee via PDX

Posts: 811
iTrader: (1)

M6 is more bigger than M5, no? C6, RS4, C4S. Confused.
edgarj is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #200
wrickem
doesn't really care
 
wrickem's Avatar
 
Drives: what he wants to
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: lambertville nj

Posts: 2,290
iTrader: (0)

I still don't get the question. Why would one be "better" than the other, it's all about "needs". If you need to haul around a bunch of people, the M5 is better, if you don't and like a coupe with the longer window and doors the M6is better.

It's like saying "which is better, e90 or e92" they are both great and I don't think either is "better" than the other, it just depends on what you need in a car.
__________________
______________________________________________
'14 528-xdrive - daily driver/winter beater, '06 Boxster - for fun, '07 M6- for even more fun.
wrickem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #201
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
M6 is more bigger than M5, no? C6, RS4, C4S. Confused.

Yes, the M6 is bigger by dimension. I think the S5 and M6 are fairly close in size.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #202
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
BMW 3 Series Coupe vs Audi A5 vs BMW 6 Series

Wheelbase 2760 (mm) vs 2751 (mm) vs 2780 (mm)
Vehicle length 4580 (mm) vs 4635 (mm) vs 4820 (mm)
Vehicle width 1782 (mm) vs 1854 (mm) vs 1855 (mm)
Vehicle height 1375 (mm) vs 1369 (mm) vs 1374 (mm)
Track, front 1500 (mm) vs 1594 (mm) vs 1558 (mm)
Track, rear 1507 (mm) vs 1581 (mm) vs 1596 (mm)

As you can clearly see the Audi A5 has more in common with the 3 series Coupe than the M6. In length alone the M6 is a full 8 inches longer and has 2.5 inches more of wheelbase. I will agree that on width the two are identical and this is maybe why some class the two alike but when you put the two side by side you see that the two are from a different class sector.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #203
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
BMW 3 Series Coupe vs Audi A5 vs BMW 6 Series

Wheelbase 2760 (mm) vs 2751 (mm) vs 2780 (mm)
Vehicle length 4580 (mm) vs 4635 (mm) vs 4820 (mm)
Vehicle width 1782 (mm) vs 1854 (mm) vs 1855 (mm)
Vehicle height 1375 (mm) vs 1369 (mm) vs 1374 (mm)
Track, front 1500 (mm) vs 1594 (mm) vs 1558 (mm)
Track, rear 1507 (mm) vs 1581 (mm) vs 1596 (mm)

As you can clearly see the Audi A5 has more in common with the 3 series Coupe than the M6. In length alone the M6 is a full 8 inches longer and has 2.5 inches more of wheelbase. I will agree that on width the two are identical and this is maybe why some class the two alike but when you put the two side by side you see that the two are from a different class sector.


Yes, thanks for that..... I guess 8 inches mean nothing to you huh??
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #204
footie
Major General
 
footie's Avatar
 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

Posts: 7,507
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Yes, thanks for that..... I guess 8 inches mean nothing to you huh??
When you look at where the 8 inches are (all at the rear) then I do get a little concerned. Well would you not, what man would like 8 inches behind him.
footie is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #205
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
 
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 1,330
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
As you can clearly see the Audi A5 has more in common with the 3 series Coupe than the M6. In length alone the M6 is a full 8 inches longer and has 2.5 inches more of wheelbase. I will agree that on width the two are identical and this is maybe why some class the two alike but when you put the two side by side you see that the two are from a different class sector.
Do interior dimensions and you will find the 3 series is actually bigger in some key measurements than the 6.
sdiver68 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #206
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
 
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 1,330
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
When you look at where the 8 inches are (all at the rear) then I do get a little concerned. Well would you not, what man would like 8 inches behind him.
OK, kudos for cleverness to both of you..
sdiver68 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #207
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
Do interior dimensions and you will find the 3 series is actually bigger in some key measurements than the 6.

Using me as a ruler, the front seats are roomier in the 6 and more shoulder room. No question in the rear, way more room in the 3 series. Real people can fit back there.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #208
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
When you look at where the 8 inches are (all at the rear) then I do get a little concerned. Well would you not, what man would like 8 inches behind him.

I will have to differ to you here mate, you are the one with people with 8-12 inches behind him.

Feel free to post your experiences but not in this board.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #209
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY L.I Born n Raised, Now In Boca Raton, FL

Posts: 1,582
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Actually that statement is correct, the last time I pulled up to a stop sign with an M6 beside me I put the car in reverse and went back 50 yards.

I felt it needed a head start.
Hahahahah Yeah Right an S5 wwould be Fucking CREAMED by an M6

Plus, Check S5 vs. 335i.... The 335i beats it in a lap by 6/100ths of a second... our handling is superior..

i meant stock Vs. Stock, who knows what you done to your car... looks nice but

s5>M6? hahah not
__________________

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
AJayE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #210
ik999
Lieutenant
 
ik999's Avatar
 
Drives: monacoblau e90 335i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: markham, ontario

Posts: 499
iTrader: (0)

I think the M5 is better

I don't know why, but I really like that car.
ik999 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #211
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
 
OverDrive's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,327
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik999 View Post
I think the M5 is better

I don't know why, but I really like that car.
All of the M cars are awesome. Its kind of hard to say which one is better than the other.
________
Bmw e60 history
________
Yamaha virago 750 history
________
Vaporizer net
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:03 PM.
OverDrive is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2008, 03:27 AM   #212
BMW DIET
Captain
 
Drives: 2007/330coupe/silv/BBSch
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 806
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to BMW DIET
ok I am getting the Audi !
__________________
Let me see your grillz!!!
BMW DIET is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #213
md80tom
Private
 
Drives: 2006 AW 330i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland

Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
Hahahahah Yeah Right an S5 wwould be Fucking CREAMED by an M6

Plus, Check S5 vs. 335i.... The 335i beats it in a lap by 6/100ths of a second... our handling is superior..

i meant stock Vs. Stock, who knows what you done to your car... looks nice but

s5>M6? hahah not
Was that necessary? I mean, because I'm new and everything and this post may seem as if I'm a troll but 6/100ths of a second can be interchangeable between cars either way. It's a win win situation for either car.

Look at it this way. The Audi S5 completed the nurburgring in 8:24 seconds. The 335i did it in 8:26. Both auto.


and to not keep this post totally irrelevant, when I went to the BMW dealership, I was surprised as to how little leg room the rear seats had. To me, it seems as if the Coupe M6 really is meant for a person per door.

The M5 is definitely the choice for a family or the occasional hauling of extra 3 people.
md80tom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #214
gonzo
Brigadier General
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

Posts: 4,977
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtiTom View Post
Was that necessary? I mean, because I'm new and everything and this post may seem as if I'm a troll but 6/100ths of a second can be interchangeable between cars either way. It's a win win situation for either car.

Look at it this way. The Audi S5 completed the nurburgring in 8:24 seconds. The 335i did it in 8:26. Both auto.


and to not keep this post totally irrelevant, when I went to the BMW dealership, I was surprised as to how little leg room the rear seats had. To me, it seems as if the Coupe M6 really is meant for a person per door.

The M5 is definitely the choice for a family or the occasional hauling of extra 3 people.
Welcome.
Don't worry about the children on here. They go back to their dolls eventually.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
gonzo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST