BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Evolve Automotive

01-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I'll give you the same response that I provided in the other thread where you posted the same links. I don't believe these videos specifically support your prior post but do support what I have been saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
I fully agree with what Governor Huckabee said here. In fact, I had posted this on e90post a few weeks ago, and another person already posted it a second time. I replied to that as well. Governor Huckabee had a great response.
Quote:
Raising hands to a question that cannot adequately be answered by yes or no is no good indication of where a person stands on an issue. The question itself was faulty. This video does nothing for your argument (if you are trying to offer an argument here).
scottwww is offline   United_States
      01-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #24
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I'll give you the same response that I provided in the other thread where you posted the same links. I don't believe these videos specifically support your prior post but do support what I have been saying.

I fully agree with what Governor Huckabee said here. In fact, I had posted this on e90post a few weeks ago, and another person already posted it a second time. I replied to that as well. Governor Huckabee had a great response.

Raising hands to a question that cannot adequately be answered by yes or no is no good indication of where a person stands on an issue. The question itself was faulty. This video does nothing for your argument (if you are trying to offer an argument here).
One thing that is important here is that Huckabee simply says I have no clue how it happened so it must be the God that pooooffff made it and I believe that way! OK, so imagine there is a conflict somewhere and we have another religious lunatic in the office that does not know how to deal with diplomacy and reality and he, again pulls the "God told me to do so" deal and we have another disaster...

I would be more comfortable with the pres that says -- I don't know how it happened but I know we have some brainiacs working on it or so...

Maybe I am wishing for a perfect world???
      01-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #25
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
One thing that is important here is that Huckabee simply says I have no clue how it happened so it must be the God that pooooffff made it and I believe that way! OK, so imagine there is a conflict somewhere and we have another religious lunatic in the office that does not know how to deal with diplomacy and reality and he, again pulls the "God told me to do so" deal and we have another disaster...

I would be more comfortable with the pres that says -- I don't know how it happened but I know we have some brainiacs working on it or so...

Maybe I am wishing for a perfect world???
Your argument is weak. What I understand of your perfect world is far from my perfect world.

Mike Huckabee is in good company. In what fraction of the population do you find yourself?

See the statistics.
Attached Images

01-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #26
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Your argument is weak. What I understand of your perfect world is far from my perfect world.

Mike Huckabee is in good company. In what fraction of the population do you find yourself?
Again,

Your argument is wrong here...
The number of brainwashed people means nothing in this case... It is well known that the religion is the best way to control masses, so...
Majority of brainwashed people in the US still believes Saddam was going to harm us and he had the WMD...means nothing...

I just don't want decisions to be based on non-proven tales... Bush pulled that one...
      01-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #27
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Again,

Your argument is wrong here...
The number of brainwashed people means nothing in this case... It is well known that the religion is the best way to control masses, so...
Majority of brainwashed people in the US still believes Saddam was going to harm us and he had the WMD...means nothing...

I just don't want decisions to be based on non-proven tales... Bush pulled that one...
Which candidates claim to not have a faith or religion?
      01-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #28
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Which candidates claim to not have a faith or religion?
None -- Hence my comment above stating maybe I wish for the perfect world -- where the candidate would be valued on what he/she proposes for this country, not weather he/she believes in God. Believeing has no positive consequences on the leadership and we have seen negative (not that it means they would repeat with the believer in the office).

As e90im mentioned many times -- brushing the proofs off just because you don't know the answer and resorting to something out of this world could be dangerous in real-life situations...

I also value Democrats for that -- for not involving that matter too much into the whole debate. Republicans just have to beat it in EVERY debate... Simply not necessary...
      01-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #29
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
None -- Hence my comment above stating maybe I wish for the perfect world -- where the candidate would be valued on what he/she proposes for this country, not weather he/she believes in God. Believeing has no positive consequences on the leadership and we have seen negative (not that it means they would repeat with the believer in the office).

As e90im mentioned many times -- brushing the proofs off just because you don't know the answer and resorting to something out of this world could be dangerous in real-life situations...

I also value Democrats for that -- for not involving that matter too much into the whole debate. Republicans just have to beat it in EVERY debate... Simply not necessary...
You can be certain it isn't Governor Huckabee or Governor Romney that brought the questions on religion into the debates. That came from the media that put together the show and wrote the questions. They seemed to hope to embarrass the candidates and make sensational headlines. They were just doing what the media does.

But the media also was responding to the public's desire to know. I think that this is good to know about the candidates' faith. They all claim to have faith or religion. Still, the stage of entertainment in the debates is no better a means to get this information than it is a good means for finding out where they are on the national issues.

Probably the most useful thing in the debates is the personality contest. American's are stuck on Hollywood and smooth talkers. Look at all the criticism public figures face who don't come accross well on camera. Those criticisms are vapid, but unfortunately there is a real effect on a gullible public. Hopefully we will select a candidate who can stand the test of the television cameras and the sound bite. Then they will have a better chance to be able to inspire some people.

The debates do perhaps provide some idea of what to look for in seeking out more detail on where the candidates stand on the issues.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
      01-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #30
scottwww
Brigadier General

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3 - Sweet Home Alabama
      01-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #31
Biostockman
Private First Class

Drives: '07 335i / '09 Infiniti G37x

Huckabee: Amend Constitution for God

A month after Mitt Romney declared that "freedom requires religion," Mike Huckabee is explaining his desire for constitutional amendments outlawing abortion and same-sex marriage in starkly religious terms.

At a campaign event in Michigan Monday night, Huckabee said that he supports such amendments because "it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God."

"What we need to do," he said, "is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than trying to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family."

If this doesn't scare the hell out of any decent American, nothing will.
      01-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #32
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD

Drives: 2006 E90

"Religion is for the weak mind."

- Jesse "The Body" Ventura
      01-16-2008, 12:14 AM   #33
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biostockman View Post
Huckabee: Amend Constitution for God

A month after Mitt Romney declared that "freedom requires religion," Mike Huckabee is explaining his desire for constitutional amendments outlawing abortion and same-sex marriage in starkly religious terms.

At a campaign event in Michigan Monday night, Huckabee said that he supports such amendments because "it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God."

"What we need to do," he said, "is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than trying to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family."

If this doesn't scare the hell out of any decent American, nothing will.
You are being alarmist. The Human Life Amendment has been in proposal since 1973 when the Supreme Court erred in Roe vs. Wade.

If congress sends the amendment to the states, and two-thirds of the states ratify the amendment then it would become an amendment to the U.S. Constitution. This is how it works (and has always worked) for any amendment. If you would try to stop that, you are defying the correct process to amend the constitution. The only other way I am aware of to amend the U.S. Constitution is to have a Constitutional Convention. No kind of conservative would want to do that.

Are you advocating changing the process to amend the U.S. Constitution to something else? Or to lock it from having any new amendments added, or existing ones repealed?
      01-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #34
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
"Religion is for the weak mind."

- Jesse "The Body" Ventura
Big time wrestling is for the weak intellect.
      01-16-2008, 07:49 AM   #35
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Big time wrestling is for the weak intellect.
So is living in ID...
      01-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #36
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Top Ten Reasons Not To Vote For Mike Huckabee

by John Hunt - November 14, 2007
After a surprise second-place finish in a South Carolina straw poll, Mike Huckabee's star appears to be on the rise. He has captured favorable attention from pundits, reporters, comedians, and even Chuck Norris. At least as far as the media is concerned, Huckabee has moved from the ranks of the Tancredos and Hunters and into consideration as a viable presidential candidate. It is stunning.

Stunning, at least, to this observer from Huckabee’s home state. Huckabee’s tenure as governor of Arkansas didn’t exactly lend itself to the idea that he was presidential material. Huckabee spent his ten years in office appearing on the Don Imus show, dodging inquiries from the State Ethics Commission, duck hunting, and gathering up gifts from supporters. The idea that he might one day become the most powerful man in the world was laughable. Nobody would be fooled by this guy.

I’ve tried to do my part, posting diatribe after diatribe on my blog, all apparently to no avail. Perhaps I’ve diluted my venom over too many posts. Here, in an easy-to-read format, is an annotated list of the top ten reasons why you just can’t vote for Mike Huckabee for President of the United States of America:

10. He has an awful family. If you thought Billy Carter and Roger Clinton were embarrassing, wait until you get a load (word chosen advisedly) of David Huckabee. Mike Huckabee’s son first stepped into the limelight when he was fired from a Boy Scout camp for allegedly torturing a dog to death. While a student at Arkansas State University, David Huckabee was president of the Student Activities Board, and figured out a way to get the university to pay him $5,000 to “provide services.” This year he tried to board an airplane at the Little Rock airport while carrying a “forgotten” handgun. Huckabee’s wife Janet is no Dolly Madison; she’s often referred to in Arkansas as “Jethrine.” She was constantly in the news during Huckabee’s tenure. Active politically (she ran unsuccessfully for Arkansas Secretary of State), she once got in trouble for intimdating voters while volunteering at a polling place during an election in Little Rock. She apparently isn’t too impressed with her own son John Mark, comparing him to a radio station that “you don’t quite get.” In a move that seems to be plucked from the plot of a bad sitcom, Mrs. Huckabee went to work as the marketing director for an aluminum siding company while her husband was governor. Imagine this family in the White House, and imagine pining for Neil Bush and Donald Nixon.

9. He’s petty. Huckabee was constantly under scrutiny by the Arkansas press for questionable ethics during his term as governor. He was vindictive and hateful to the reporters who covered him accusing them of making up stories, and refusing to send routine press releases to those who printed or broadcast unfavorable reports.

8. He’s unqualified. Huckabee holds a degree in theology from Ouachita Baptist University, and attended Southwest Baptist Theological Seminary. He spent ten years as governor of Arkansas, during which time his greatest achievement was to lose 100 pounds. He had a reputation among legislators as being difficult to work with. He has disowned the few decent accomplishments of his administration, since they involved small tax increases. In other words, he has done nothing to recommend him as Chief Executive of the most powerful country in the world.

7. He doesn’t believe in science. Huckabee doesn’t believe in evolution. He famously raised his hand during a Republican presidential debate when candidates were asked which ones disbelieved in Darwin’s theory. He doesn’t believe in global warming. In fact, he says he’ll always choose his religious beliefs over science. He’s quoted in Salon: “Oh, I believe in science. I certainly do. In fact, what I believe in is, I believe in God. I don't think there's a conflict between the two. But if there's going to be a conflict, science changes with every generation and with new discoveries and God doesn't. So I'll stick with God if the two are in conflict." If that quote doesn’t scare you, then your voting privileges need to be revoked. Is this the guy you want deciding policy on public health, or stem cell research, or weapons research, or the space program?

6. He’s in favor of the war. He thinks the Iraq War is World War III, and wouldn’t rule out using nukes on Iran. ‘Nuff said.

5. He has no respect for the law. He flaunted the state’s Ethics Commission several times when they tried to slap him on the wrists for major infractions of election funding. He ignored the Freedom of Information Act on numerous occasions. On leaving office, he had the hard drives from the computers from his office destroyed. Here’s a random little blast from the past—a bit from the “10 Years Ago” feature in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: “Gov. Mike Huckabee insisted that complaints made through a taxpayer-funded hotline aren’t subject to public disclosure despite an attorney general’s opinion that they are.” In other words, the law is whatever he says it is.

4. He’s a crook. Huckabee used the Arkansas State Police airplane as his personal jet and as campaign transport. He accepted thousands of dollars worth of gifts from supporters and hangers-on. He charged personal items to official accounts (google “Huckabee” and “Velveeta” and see what you get). When he left the governor’s mansion, he tried to take some of the furniture with him.

3. He’s a loose cannon. His term as governor was one embarrassment after another. He referred to Arkansas as a banana republic on the Don Imus show. He moved from the governor’s mansion to a triple-wide mobile home while the mansion was being renovated (he claimed it was to save money—it wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact that the trailers were donated by political supporters). He referred to environmentalists as “wackos.” He re-married his wife in a Moonie-style mass covenant marriage. He’s a veritable font of offensive one-liners and off-color jokes. Just the guy to restore dignity of the United States.

2. He’s another Dubya. Huckabee is a so-called “compassionate conservative,” with an anti-gay, anti-choice, theocratic agenda. Like Bush, Huckabee was an undistinguished governor of a southern state who made his name by executing criminals (three in one day) and fighting with the legislature. Like Bush, Huckabee is a religious nut who believes that Armageddon is at hand, and that he might be just the guy to speed it up. Since he has no cadre of associates from Arkansas, if he somehow gets into office, he’s liable to fall right in with the same bunch of half-wit incompetents that are running the country now.

1. He’s a liar. Of course, all politicians tend to bend the truth, but Huckabee seems to be pathological. In the most recent exposure, Huckabee claimed that he only raised taxes while governor because the court ordered it. Unfortunately for him, his speech to the legislature asking for new taxes was video-taped. Huckabee has stated that most of the founding fathers were clergymen, and that many of the current presidential candidates were atheists. His “Willie Horton” incident is his release from prison of convicted rapist Wayne Dumond, who subsequently raped and murdered a woman in Missouri. Huckabee has repeatedly lied about his role in Dumond’s case, even claiming that Bill Clinton was responsible for the release.

These are ten good reasons to vote for anyone besides Mike Huckabee, but there are countless others. He seems to think that cutting out sweets for children is a substitute for health-care reform. He keeps blathering on about replacing the income tax with a regressive, unworkable flat tax. Huckabee is an incompetent, glad-handing boob. You know, we’ve had enough of that.
      01-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #37
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
Top Ten Reasons...
You are the repost king. See my response in Don't Mormons believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers? post 98.
      01-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #38
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Goodbye Mike!!
Goodbye Mike!!
Good, good good, good, goodbye Mike!!

Come on everyone sing along!

Goodbye Mike!!
Goodbye Mike!!

Praise the Lord, and savior of mankind .. you have answered the prayers of millions!

The evil dumb shit is finally dead!!

Goodbye Mike!!
Goodbye Mike!!

Come on everyone sing along!

Goodbye Mike!!
Goodbye Mike!!
      01-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #39
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
Goodbye Mike!!
You are such a repost whore. Cut and paste again. And again. And again. What an idiot.

See my reply over here.

01-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #40
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
^Bigot

Forms of Bigotry
• Ableism
• Adultism
• Ageism
• Anti-Americanism
• Anti-Atheism
• Anti-Catholicism
• Anti-Mormonism
• Anti-Polish sentiment
• Anti-Protestantism
• Anti-Semitism
• Biphobia
• Chauvinism
• Chronocentrism
• Classism
• Communism
• Discrimination
• Environmentalism
• Fred Sanford
• Hate group
• Heterophobia
• Homophobia
• Islamophobia
• Misandry
• Misogyny
• Narcissism
• Nazism
• Racism
• Religious persecution
• Religious intolerance
• Reverse Discrimination
• Sectarianism
• Sexism
• Stereotype
• Supremacism
• Transphobia
• Xenophobia
      01-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #41
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:

You are such a repost whore. Cut and paste again. And again. And again. What an idiot.

See my reply over here.
Isn't re-post what you just did? First time I see you calling someone a whore and an idiot. Don't be a sore looser scotty...

You started 5 threads about Huckabee after his win in Iowa, and now you complain about reposting.
Learn a lesson that starting multiple threads as a religious-political propaganda can come back and bite you at the ass.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      02-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #42
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Isn't re-post what you just did? First time I see you calling someone a whore and an idiot. Don't be a sore looser scotty...

You started 5 threads about Huckabee after his win in Iowa, and now you complain about reposting.
Learn a lesson that starting multiple threads as a religious-political propaganda can come back and bite you at the ass.
The multiple threads you refer to were not reposts.
      02-20-2008, 02:04 AM   #43
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

It takes you a month to reply? wtf?

Anyhoo, Huckster fundie is gone bro...
Attached Images

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      02-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #44
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
It takes you a month to reply? wtf?

Anyhoo, Huckster fundie is gone bro...
I hadn't noticed your post until I came here looking for a link to use on another web forum.

I had hoped that yesterday would have gone a little better for Huckabee. I was looking for him to pick up about 15 delegates from Wisconsin, but it looks like there may have been none. Onward to Texas, Ohio, Vermont and Rhode Island.

I've been expecting to see Huckabee pick up maybe 80 more delegates from Texas where he should fair much better than Wisconsin. But it doesn't matter a great deal now. It's unlikely he will be able to force a brokered convention, and even then we would likely have McCain as the nominee. This is too bad. I was looking forward to a domestic agenda.

With McCain, if his foreign policy plan is actually pursued (which is where he is supposed to have his strength) then he will not have much time for domestic issues. I do not look forward to the next five years. And beyond that, if he succeeds in creating all these new organizations, they wouldn't end with his presidency.