BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Cadillac CTS Coupe Concept

They need to drop concept cause this thing is stellar! It needs to go into production NOW!! Mighty tempting... Imagine the CTS-V coupe.
Love most everything about it. Take a look at that interior.
It kinda reminds me of an Austin Martin interior.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/14/d...s-better-than/

Quote:
The grand finale of GM's Cadillac press conference was the moment everyone had been waiting for. After a brief introduction from Bob Lutz, who ziplined in from his secret lair in the RenCen, the hotly anticipated Cadillac CTS Coupe Concept rolled onstage, with design head Ed Welburn riding 'gun. The Coupe blends the CTS sedan's face with a new, wedge-shaped 2-door body that finishes off with what Ed described as a "hint of Cadillac fin" in the arrangement of the taillamps. The concept's rear had a single central exhaust outlet whose shape is a nod to the chevrons used to dress up the current CTS interior. Speaking of the interior, the CTS was dressed in black with maize-colored sueded accents and contrast stitching. In another departure from the sedan, the 2-door CTS has sportier, deeper seats. Welburn was intentionally vague abour powertrains, saying it could be powered by a number of existing ones (i.e. the ones in the CTS sedan) as well as a diesel. The car, according to him, was born out of the extra efforts of his design team, who penned the Coupe for fun after the sedan was finished and never stopped refining it. It got to a point where the a concept was approved, and though no mention of a production version was made, this looks like a sure thing in our opinion. Video of the live reveal is available after the jump, as well as Cadillac's official press release.




__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Rimola
First Lieutenant
 
Rimola's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Viper
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 347
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Rimola
american cars & quality should never be used in the same sentence...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Rimola is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimola View Post
american cars & quality should never be used in the same sentence...
Don't make me post the link again and make you put your foot in your mouth. Cadillac has better quality than BMW, look at the other thread comparing the cts-v and the m3.
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
Rimola
First Lieutenant
 
Rimola's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Viper
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 347
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Rimola
lol....cadillac is shallow and empty, as goes for any other american car. but then again its a matter of opinion. i certainly will not be influenced by some "link" or "thread" that says other wise...you do what you want, if you are into spaceships, go for it
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Rimola is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Chitown, I think he just said he is not interested in facts.
What was that about his foot...
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Chitown, I think he just said he is not interested in facts.
What was that about his foot...
I can't really understand what he said, cause I think his big toe is currently rubbed up against his voice box. It's not a link to a thread, but rather a link to JD Power and Associates, they do use real world facts, and they rated Cadillac to be more reliable and dependable than BMW. Facts are facts. Not saying I'd rather get the CTS-V, although it has seriously crossed my mind many times the past 2 weeks. It's OK to be a fan of one car, but ignorant to think that everything else on the road is not worthy of sharing the same asphalt.

*EDIT* And since I know you won't look up the FACTS yourself, here is the link. These aren't opinions. http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...bility-ratings
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
gbb357
Captain
 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 707
iTrader: (0)

This has got to be one of the nicest coupe evah!







Please Cadillac, keep it the way it is and don't mess it up. Pleeease!
gbb357 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
It looks SO boss!!
Why does it have to look so good right now...
Man, this thing would be a selling beast if they kept it the same.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #9
gbb357
Captain
 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 707
iTrader: (0)

^^ Bro, they don't have to change anything, except maybe get rid of those led lights on the bottom rear apron. I just love this car, and the interior is beautiful.
gbb357 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #10
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Legacy GT - 13.704@99.39
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manheim, PA

Posts: 1,871
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimola View Post
american cars & quality should never be used in the same sentence...
Don't get around much anymore, eh?

Bruce
bruce.augenstein@comcast. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #11
Keto
Major
 
Keto's Avatar
 
Drives: 550i M-sport AW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N'awlins

Posts: 1,427
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimola View Post
american cars & quality should never be used in the same sentence...
ZOMG you just did.

Hypocrite.
Keto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:08 AM   #12
gbb357
Captain
 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 707
iTrader: (0)

This can be a serious contender for the 3 series coupe.




And when they make the V-series version of this, it'll be a nice M3 coupe and RS-5 competitor as well.
gbb357 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
gbb357
Captain
 
Drives: IS300
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 707
iTrader: (0)

ChitownM3, don't bother with ignorance. There's plenty of it in here and anywhere else you go.
gbb357 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #14
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

This looks pretty good. I like the exterior proportions. Nice study. Interior looks okay, maybe somewhat conservative. The center console interfaces need some work visually.

The cloth lining around the door seams have fallen off recently in my 04 BMW. Service guy says it's common, and cannot be fixed by simply gluing it back on. They need to tear out the whole thing. Then the armrest compartment lock failed. I thought they were going to simply replace the mechanism. Nope. They had to take the whole armrest assembly out and stick a new one in. I'd be fried if it wasn't for the warranty...
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #15
Rimola
First Lieutenant
 
Rimola's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Viper
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 347
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Rimola
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
I can't really understand what he said, cause I think his big toe is currently rubbed up against his voice box. It's not a link to a thread, but rather a link to JD Power and Associates, they do use real world facts, and they rated Cadillac to be more reliable and dependable than BMW. Facts are facts. Not saying I'd rather get the CTS-V, although it has seriously crossed my mind many times the past 2 weeks. It's OK to be a fan of one car, but ignorant to think that everything else on the road is not worthy of sharing the same asphalt.

*EDIT* And since I know you won't look up the FACTS yourself, here is the link. These aren't opinions. http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...bility-ratings

lol i think you are just mad because you drive a camaro ss...which i might add is another crap vehicle. but let me get my foot out of my mouth as you kindly stated and take a look at your FACTUAL list...

hhmm...ofcourse, they must be right. BUICK and CADILLAC just shitted on Porsche, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Saab and Subaru. well lets see, what or who is this James David Power ?!? what ?!?! he is an AMERICAN ?!?

He joined Ford Motor Company as a financial analyst and later worked for Marplan as a marketing research consultant for General Motors Corporation’s Buick and GMC truck and coach divisions. GET OUT OF TOWN !!!

now why in the world would an AMAERICAN say good things about AMERICAN cars afterr working for GENERAL MOTORS, FORD, Buick


that list is almost as pathetic as Britney's career lol give me a break...am i on punk'd or something ?!? ASHTON !!! where are YOU ???
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???

Last edited by Rimola; 01-15-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Rimola is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:31 AM   #16
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Haha, wanna race? What do you say, a few grand maybe? I bought the Camaro when I was 17 years old, and at the time, it was the fastest car for the money in a straight line. The LS1 that came with it makes just as much power as the new M3 with only a couple mods. Funny thing is, when I got the Camaro I used to smoke E46 M3s all the damn time, for about half the price! Go ahead and laugh, but if you're fortunate enough to own an e92 m3, I hope you pull up next to an LS1 F-Body at a stop light because you will get smoked by a piece of crap, 10 year old American muscle car.
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #17
Rimola
First Lieutenant
 
Rimola's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Viper
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 347
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Rimola
lol...here is a pic of my brothers current SRT-10 VIPER



now i wish he was a forum user so that he could get on here and tell you how much of a CRAP vehicle that is...

here is a pic of his old 03' Z06



once again i wish he could tell you how much of a BIGGER piece of crap that is. and if you are wondering, yes he had 1 camaro before that and 3 Trans Am's. furthermore he even had the H2 Hummer whose ECU fried on him three times. the Viper is pissing oil. the vette's tranny went to the shitter and the F-Bodies were just slow and heavy...

NOW he is actually considering selling that AMERICAN crap viper and considering buying an M5


now, what were you saying about your camaro ??
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Rimola is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #18
vladinecko
Brigadier General
 
vladinecko's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 3,904
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
it looks pretty good except for the pointy rear. i don't dig that at all.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
vladinecko is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 01:30 AM   #19
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,504
iTrader: (0)

I don't like the whole caddy aesthetic but it has some potential. I would never consider one though.
RandyB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #20
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,079
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
I can't really understand what he said, cause I think his big toe is currently rubbed up against his voice box. It's not a link to a thread, but rather a link to JD Power and Associates, they do use real world facts, and they rated Cadillac to be more reliable and dependable than BMW. Facts are facts. Not saying I'd rather get the CTS-V, although it has seriously crossed my mind many times the past 2 weeks. It's OK to be a fan of one car, but ignorant to think that everything else on the road is not worthy of sharing the same asphalt.

*EDIT* And since I know you won't look up the FACTS yourself, here is the link. These aren't opinions. http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...bility-ratings
As I posted previsouly...Don't forget that the devil is in the details. Cadillac being slightly more reliable than BMW as a brand is absolutely not a model by model vindication of Caddy over BMW. It is however a big plus for Caddy as a brand to best BMW here.

Do look a couple links deeper into those same reports and you will find TERRIBLE reliability ratings for the flagship XLR Caddy. I think what would be most enlightening here is a comparison of 3 er vs. CTS or M3 vs. CTS-V. Now that would really tell us something much more important for the vast majority of us.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #21
Rimola
First Lieutenant
 
Rimola's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Viper
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 347
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Rimola
well...my old man owned 4 Caddys (ofcourse we are talking about the big boats, nothing sporty) from late 90's till 05'...and all at one point or another were multiple times at the dealer, mainly for oil leaking and tranny related. the new generation "may" be considered improved or different and YES cadillac in my opinion is probably the most luxurious brand name within the US market...HOWEVER, still nowhere near european standards and that is how i feel...

what ever floats your baot man, literally
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Rimola is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-15-2008, 02:09 AM   #22
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3, '12 958 S
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,879
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
hey i think it looks good but that back end could be lower. It would help with backing up and possibly make it look a bit better
__________________
Peanut Butter Chunky

AD08. Akra. Huper Optik. KW V3. Macht Schnell. RE SSK. TMS.
a burrito is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST