BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

01-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #23
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Wake up. Nothing will change, regardless of who is elected. You'll get out of bed, shower, go to your crappy job, work, come home, and sit in front of the TV/PC/XBox. In 6 years, we'll be invading another country, ignoring poverty, paying little money to shitty teachers, praising corporations, and eagerly idolizing the next shitty celebrity. By necessity, all politicians are lying sacks of shit. They're all the same person. How much will your life change if Huckabee is elected and not Obama?

Attachment 120635

Those Obama and Huckabee marks should be closer together.

Intelligent design will NOT be taught in science classes as alternative to evolution...

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      01-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #24
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
Oh, and e90im … instead of putting a democrat in the White House, just go and pay the IRS more taxes … or move to Cuba or Canada to get your health care … or boycott big oil if you think they are ripping you off at the pumps. And by the way, let me educate you a little bit … the government makes more in a gallon of gas, through its taxes on gas, then does the oil companies. Maybe you and Neurorad should start watch the number one rated cable news network … you would probably sound more educated then you do!
You need to go and get a girlfriend or a boyfriend. This sexual frustration expressed thru your anger in your posts, and wasting money on stupid mods is getting out of hand.

So, you get news from FOX....AYFKM?

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      01-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #25
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
If it's so damn good, why are people from Canada and the UK seeking medical care in the US?
They are not, thay is what you wish to believe...
Of course, a few of them do, many of us do look outside of the USa for the med care and medication...
      01-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #26
TurboFan
Ski bum

Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
They are not, thay is what you wish to believe...
Of course, a few of them do, many of us do look outside of the USa for the med care and medication...
Yes, people in the US do seek experimental treatment, or treatment that has not passed FDA approval.

But Canadians are comming across the border every day to obtain medical care here in the states that is supposed to be available in Canada. I lived in Detroit for years, and counted a hospital CFO as a close family friend. He loved the Canadians constantly coming across the border and paying full rate for any numbers of procedures, tests and scans.

I'm sure you don't see many in FL, but up here in the great white north....we see quite a few. My co-workers in Canada have even querried me about coming here for care they can't get in Canada any time soon.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
      01-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #27
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Go Propaganda! Stop watching Fox, and think for yourself. You've just regurgitated all the spin that you've heard on the news. Start questioning everything that you hear/read, instead of preaching to someone who thinks very little of your intelligence.

FNC has a fiscal and political agenda promoted by its owner, Rupert Murdoch. I can't argue with that - free country, but I'm not going to listen to biased crap for news. 'Fair and balanced' is a lie.

Stop reading this subforum, if the truth bothers you that much.
Funny how I didn't mention Fox .... I guess you know the #1 rated news channel ... to bad you have those blinders on, and can't recognize the truth. If you think you are getting 'Fair and Balanced' from Media Matter, or MoveOn.org, you are as stupid as you sound!
      01-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #28
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
You need to go and get a girlfriend or a boyfriend. This sexual frustration expressed thru your anger in your posts, and wasting money on stupid mods is getting out of hand.

So, you get news from FOX....AYFKM?
The boy with the 'little boys car' speaks again!
      01-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #29
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
1) Another "educated" approach to solution -- leave if you don't like it. Basically saying -- I don't care about my own children's future as long as my republicans sit in the WH...

2) THe propaganda of O'Riley has brainwashed you all the way... Then explain me and others you mentioned above why did the oil companies have RECORD profits on order of $10B/quarter -- more than any other US corporation EVER... How is that justified that they are just doing honest business, but their profits are the size never seen before. Yep, they do care about us. How about the quarterly profit of $5B/qt and price of gas <$2/gal?

Use your brain next time you make any comment...
Who the hell are you to tell a company, in the free market, how much it can make?? Typical spew from the loony left .... You still didn't address the fact that goverment makes more on a gallon of gas. Go after the goverment before you go after a business. You are an idiot!
t
      01-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #30
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
This just for all you loony left, Media Matters, moveOn.org freaks ....

The Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) at George Mason University ..... found that Fox News Channel's evening news show provided more balanced coverage than its counterparts on the broadcast networks.

A look at the press release (small PDF) reveals the extent of the balance at Fox, and the imbalance elsewhere:

Fox News Channel’s coverage was more balanced toward both parties than the broadcast networks were. On FOX, evaluations of all Democratic candidates combined were split almost evenly – 51% positive vs. 49% negative, as were all evaluations of GOP candidates – 49% positive vs. 51% negative, producing a perfectly balanced 50-50 split for all candidates of both parties.

On the three broadcast networks, opinion on Democratic candidates split 47% positive vs. 53% negative, while evaluations of Republicans were more negative – 40% positive vs. 60% negative. For both parties combined, network evaluations were almost 3 to 2 negative in tone, i.e. 41% positive vs. 59% negative.

Please go out and educate yourselves!!
      01-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #31
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:

The Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) at George Mason University ..... found that Fox News Channel's evening news show provided more balanced coverage than its counterparts on the broadcast networks.

A look at the press release (small PDF) reveals the extent of the balance at Fox, and the imbalance elsewhere:

Fox News Channel’s coverage was more balanced toward both parties than the broadcast networks were. On FOX, evaluations of all Democratic candidates combined were split almost evenly – 51% positive vs. 49% negative, as were all evaluations of GOP candidates – 49% positive vs. 51% negative, producing a perfectly balanced 50-50 split for all candidates of both parties.

On the three broadcast networks, opinion on Democratic candidates split 47% positive vs. 53% negative, while evaluations of Republicans were more negative – 40% positive vs. 60% negative. For both parties combined, network evaluations were almost 3 to 2 negative in tone, i.e. 41% positive vs. 59% negative.

You will likely never convince them no matter how much proof you produce. When they listen to lefty news, they are hearing people speak the things they themselves might speak. They would often rather hear it skewed further left. They think of themselves and their preferred news sources as right down the middle.

When they tune into FOX, what they hear is something that is distant from their own thoughts, and so they think it is way out in right field.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      01-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #32
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:

I read earlier today (Wiki) that the CMPA study was biased, and most disregard it, as the group was founded by a FNC contributor. You don't have to watch FNC for more than 5 minutes to know that it's ridiculously biased, much more so than all other major media outlets. It's so blatant, I'm surprised you have a hard time comprehending it.

The monikers you choose, e.g. looney left and moveon.org freaks, say volumes about your news sources, and your narrow-mindedness. You've been brainwashed.

Please, please start questioning what you hear, wherever you hear it.
      01-05-2008, 01:53 AM   #33
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
You will likely never convince them no matter how much proof you produce. When they listen to lefty news, they are hearing people speak the things they themselves might speak. They would often rather hear it skewed further left. They think of themselves and their preferred news sources as right down the middle.

When they tune into FOX, what they hear is something that is distant from their own thoughts, and so they think it is way out in right field.
You can't argue that Fox is not biased. Murdoch has argued that it is his way to 'balance out' the other liberal outlets. PBS may have some left leanings, but that pales in comparison to FNC's flagrant disregard for 'fair and balanced'. Try BBC for a week. Turn off Fox, and try some other, less-biased sources.

There is no comparably biased 'liberal' news channel. FNC is pure propaganda, while all other major media outlets attempt journalism. Open your eyes, wake up. Question everything you hear and read.
      01-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #34
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Who the hell are you to tell a company, in the free market, how much it can make?? Typical spew from the loony left .... You still didn't address the fact that goverment makes more on a gallon of gas. Go after the goverment before you go after a business. You are an idiot!
t
Your mother is an idiot for letting you live...
      01-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #35
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:

You call someone a "media freak" and all your "facts" come from the biased media. At least some of us give you real life experiences... Talking about "getting educated" on the topic...

I still blame your mama...
      01-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #36
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
You can't argue that Fox is not biased. Murdoch has argued that it is his way to 'balance out' the other liberal outlets. PBS may have some left leanings, but that pales in comparison to FNC's flagrant disregard for 'fair and balanced'. Try BBC for a week. Turn off Fox, and try some other, less-biased sources.

There is no comparably biased 'liberal' news channel. FNC is pure propaganda, while all other major media outlets attempt journalism. Open your eyes, wake up. Question everything you hear and read.
I don't argue that FOX is not biased. They are likely just as biased as some of the lefty press. I would rather there were a truely neutral news source that would deliver the news without injecting their opinion and without picking their stories based on what fits their agenda. Unfortunately, the reality is that this type of news coverage is dry. It can't survive in a competitive market. People tend to tune in to the news they agree with.

As I write this, I have been tuned in to MSNBC for the last hour or so. Tim Russert and David Gregory and a couple others are discussing the race to the nomination for the presidential candidates.

News taken from many sources is more valuable than from only one. Use some discernment to filter out the bias. If nothing else, it at least gives you a better understanding of how the other side thinks. No one source will have a full spectrum of what is news. It is too resource intensive to not be repetitive. This is why the new media (the internet) should ultimately dominate the news.
      01-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #37
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
You call someone a "media freak" and all your "facts" come from the biased media. At least some of us give you real life experiences... Talking about "getting educated" on the topic...
Wow … you can’t even read the first sentence in my post …. I didn’t say anything about “Media Freaks”. Take those blinders off!! I was calling the loony left, Media Matters, and MoveOn.org FREAKS!!

I give you facts and you just deny them! You are a couple bottles short of a 6 pack, aren’t you?

Why are people on the far left so miserable?? They did a study showing that those that vote republican are happier with their lives (see below). I can see why! Go out with that little boy’s car, and enjoy life a little bit. You live in the greatest country in the world … be happy!!

For your reference:

REPUBLICAN HAPPIER THAN DEMOCRATS - PEW STUDY FINDS
Republicans Happier than Democrats

By Robert Roy Britt, LiveScience Managing Editor

Overall happiness among U.S. residents has not changed much over the years, according to the latest survey by the Pew Research Center that finds 34 percent of adults are very happy.

Among 3,014 telephone respondents, half reported being pretty happy, and 15 percent said they are not too happy.
The survey, released this week, points out several disparities based on lifestyle, beliefs and political persuasion:

• Republicans are happier than Democrats.
• People who worship frequently are happier than those who don't.
• The rich are happier than the poor.
• Whites and Hispanics are happier than blacks.
• Married people are happier than the unmarried.
• Dog owners and cat owners rate the same.
• Sunbelt residents are happier than everyone else.

About 45 percent of Republicans said they were very happy, compared with 30 percent of Democrats. Republicans have been happier in surveys going back to 1972, the Pew study notes.

The reason might seem obvious, since "Republicans tend to have more money than Democrats, and-as we've already discovered-people who have more money tend to be happier," the report states.

But even after adjusting for income, poor Republicans are happier than poor Democrats, and rich Republicans are happier than rich Democrats.

What about religion?

Forty-three percent of people who attend religious services weekly or more say they're very happy, compared to 26 percent of those who go seldom or never. The Pew analysis does not answer the question of how religion, Republicanism and happiness might be related, however.
      01-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #38
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Wow … you can’t even read the first sentence in my post …. I didn’t say anything about “Media Freaks”. Take those blinders off!! I was calling the loony left, Media Matters, and MoveOn.org FREAKS!!

I give you facts and you just deny them! You are a couple bottles short of a 6 pack, aren’t you?

Why are people on the far left so miserable?? They did a study showing that those that vote republican are happier with their lives (see below). I can see why! Go out with that little boy’s car, and enjoy life a little bit. You live in the greatest country in the world … be happy!!

For your reference:

Overall happiness among U.S. residents has not changed much over the years, according to the latest survey by the Pew Research Center that finds 34 percent of adults are very happy.

Among 3,014 telephone respondents, half reported being pretty happy, and 15 percent said they are not too happy.
The survey, released this week, points out several disparities based on lifestyle, beliefs and political persuasion:

About 45 percent of Republicans said they were very happy, compared with 30 percent of Democrats. Republicans have been happier in surveys going back to 1972, the Pew study notes.

The reason might seem obvious, since "Republicans tend to have more money than Democrats, and-as we've already discovered-people who have more money tend to be happier," the report states.

But even after adjusting for income, poor Republicans are happier than poor Democrats, and rich Republicans are happier than rich Democrats.

What about religion?

Forty-three percent of people who attend religious services weekly or more say they're very happy, compared to 26 percent of those who go seldom or never. The Pew analysis does not answer the question of how religion, Republicanism and happiness might be related, however.
ah, internet site is not a type of media...
Chill man, you'll die in that red neck trailer part too early...

How old are you? 14?
      01-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #39
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:

For your reference:

What about religion?

Again -- you embarras yourself with your comments. Do you even know what the fact is? A biased media write-up you c/p here is a fact for you???
Are you also claiming that this article is a proof that God exists...

Grow up

And BTW, the only side panicing is the republicans as they realize -- no more!
      01-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #40
Driv3r
Colonel

Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
WHO IS "RON PAUL"?
      01-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #41
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
WHO IS "RON PAUL"?

Nobody any more...
ANy news on the car?
      01-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #42
TurboFan
Ski bum

Quote:
...FNC is pure propaganda, while all other major media outlets attempt journalism. Open your eyes, wake up. Question everything you hear and read.
That has got to be one of the funniest things I've read on e90post yet. FNC is conservative, and the first alternative to the highly liberal big 3 networks and CNN.

01-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #43
TurboFan
Ski bum

Quote:
Your mother is an idiot for letting you live...
Quote:

I still blame your mama...
Quote:
ah, internet site is not a type of media...
Chill man, you'll die in that red neck trailer part too early...

How old are you? 14?
Quote:
Again -- you embarras yourself with your comments. Do you even know what the fact is? A biased media write-up you c/p here is a fact for you???
Are you also claiming that this article is a proof that God exists...

Grow up

And BTW, the only side panicing is the republicans as they realize -- no more!
Once again doc, you've lost the ability to support an argument with anything approaching logic or fact, and you've had to result to immature personal attacks and bad mama comments.

01-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #44
scottwww
Brigadier General

Yo mamma is so fat that on a scale of 1 to 10 she is a 747.
She's so fat, that when she goes to a restaurant and looks at a menu she says, "O.K."
She’s so fat she has to keep Euros in one pocket, and Pesos in the other.