BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes

01-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #67
AWD Addict
Chief Executive

Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
If you are a Mormon (are you?) then you are being prejudiced in favor of your Mormon candidate. If you are not Mormon, I would think you would have the same questions I have. Perhaps these questions have already been answered to your satisfaction some how. Please share.
What questions? Mitt has stated over and over that his religion is his personal life, and his public life is something totally seperate and distinct. He did such a great job saving Massachusetts and the Olympics, I'd suggest you feed actual facts and information to your doubts, and let the truth decide.

If you don't, then you are, unfortunately, a bigot.
      01-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #68
AWD Addict
Chief Executive

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't believe that Mormons are Christians.
Mormons beleive in Jesus Christ. That makes them Christian. You're likely confusing Christian with Catholic.

Quote:
This may be a stretch, but I will make the analogy anyhow: I would not necessarily not vote for a muslim simply because he is a muslim. I would not vote for a muslim who was a wahhabist. I would be very leary of any muslim seeking the presidency.
And there you have it. It's sad how bigoted people are these days - casting all muslims under a glass of skepticism and hate. You should be ashamed. Perhaps you should cast aside your ignorance and find the similarities in Islam to Christianity. Given that the texts are almost identical, and that Islam believes Jesus to be a prophet, I'd think you'd find unity rather than seperatism.
      01-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #69
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
You realize religion is all lies and myth created first to answer the unknown, then reinforced to control the masses, right?

You realize that Judeo-Christianity is really an adaptation of pagan mediterranean religions from both Greco-Roman and Egyptian settlements, right?

If you follow the texts precisely, Lucifer was cast down way before Jesus was in the pciture (many thousands of years according to the old Testament.)

Either way, there is such substantial proof at this point that Jesus never existed, it's moot. Jesus as we know it couldn't be Satan's brother, because every single major historian failed to document it. (Hopefully someone brings up the gospels now, then I can really get going. ) The white, blond haired Jesus is a second and third century adaptation of an old testament character used by the Roman empire to control the civilized empire. The problem is, Jesus would have had to be dark skinned, dark haired and likely Syrian or even Egyptian to fit the New Testament's profile.

Religion is a scam.
Halleluiah brother, praise the Lord……..

Nicely done.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      01-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #70
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Is Mormonism and Masonry related as described here? Is Mitt Romney a Mason as well as Mormon?
scottwww is offline   United_States
      01-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #71
its ray den
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2004 Mazda6s

Quote:
If you follow the texts precisely, Lucifer was cast down way before Jesus was in the pciture (many thousands of years according to the old Testament.)
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

John 1:1-5
      01-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #72
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

Bible is a man made book and it is anecdotal evidence. Belief without evidence = delusion.

Stop quoting fiction or I'll quote Harry Potter.

If you really read this nonsense it's designed to be ambiguous so that any scammer can claim to understand it.
Attached Images

01-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #73
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Bible is a man made book and it is anecdotal evidence. Belief without evidence = delusion.

Stop quoting fiction or I'll quote Harry Potter.

If you really read this nonsense it's designed to be ambiguous so that any scammer can claim to understand it.
If you want to quote Harry Potter as your own source of authority, then do so. The Bible is a great source of authority to more than a billion people and is valid as support material in many arguments, and certainly in arguments dealing with theology.
      01-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #74
its ray den
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2004 Mazda6s

22 "How long will you simple ones love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?

proverbs 1:22
      01-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #75
AWD Addict
Chief Executive

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post

The whole God giving Moses the laws for mankind on a mountain top was stolen from the much earlier Persian legend of Zoroaster.

Quote:
One day, as he prayed on a high mountain, in the midst of thunders and lightnings (“fire from heaven”), the Lord himself appeared before him, and delivered unto him the 'Book of Law.' While the King of Persia and the people were assembled together, Zoroaster came down from the mountain unharmed, bringing with him the 'Book of the Law,' which had been revealed to him by Ormuzd. They call this book the Zend-Avesta, which signified the Living Word.
The Greeks stole from the same myth with the story of Baccus, where he received the laws from Zeus, atop a mount, amidst much commotion - and returned to the people below somehow unharmed.

That's how the powers at be were able to better recruit for their religion. They used gods and stories that were similar enough to not scare people off. That's the Catholic church adopted the "Christmas Tree" (which is really the pagan Saxon simble for celebrating Winter Solstice.) Much like the expansion of Christianity through African and Carribean missionaries.

There are dozens upon dozens of examples of religions "stealing" from previous sects in order to recruit and expand. The plagues, the birth of moses, the great flood, and on and on and on and on.
      01-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #76
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
The whole God giving Moses the laws for mankind on a mountain top was stolen from the much earlier Persian legend of Zoroaster.

The Greeks stole from the same myth with the story of Baccus, where he received the laws from Zeus, atop a mount, amidst much commotion - and returned to the people below somehow unharmed.
Then do the Mormons follow the law that was given to Zoroaster? And Baccus?
      01-09-2008, 12:32 AM   #77
scottwww
Brigadier General

Is there anything to this stuff? There sure is a lot of it out there.

Proof That Mormon Church Freemason are Satan Baal Worship

The Mormon Church Freemasons Satan and Baal Worship

Part 1

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
      01-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #78
scottwww
Brigadier General

Romney on Abortion - 2002

Mitt Romney made it absolutely indisputable in this debate that he is pro-choice in regard to abortion. I am glad that he changed his mind, but for him to go from this absolute stand on the issue to the complete opposite view within two years is incredible. Either he didn't believe what he was saying at the time and only used it for political gain, or he really is subject to 180 degree change from the time he runs for office and the time he takes office.

In either case, this is one huge inconsistency that cannot be viewed as anything less than that. It could be viewed as opportunistic and deceptive.
      01-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #79
scottwww
Brigadier General

Today Rush Limbaugh took a series of calls from women who are swooning over Mitt Romney. He has dubbed them "Mittens."
      01-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #80
LambOfGod
Lieutenant

Drives: 335 Red Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
Who cares ... a country that says it prides itself on having religious freedoms, still has people like you living in it asking these ridiculous questions!

If everyone lived their lives using the type of values LDS members teach and strive for, the world would be better off.

Also, have you ever considered, they may be right??
I was thinking it....and you said it. Thank you!
      01-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #81
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
I was thinking it....and you said it. Thank you!
Watch the video from post 78 in this thread. Then tell me whether Mitt Romney is firm in his convictions as he appears. The other questions in this thread have not been answered at all.
      01-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #82
LambOfGod
Lieutenant

Quote:
Watch the video from post 78 in this thread. Then tell me whether Mitt Romney is firm in his convictions as he appears. The other questions in this thread have not been answered at all.
I just got done. Sounds like his personal beliefs conflict with what he promises to do for the people. That is why I could never be in politics. It would bother my conscience to do both.

Is Romney saying now that he will actively work to change the ProChoice Laws?
      01-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #83
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I just got done. Sounds like his personal beliefs conflict with what he promises to do for the people. That is why I could never be in politics. It would bother my conscience to do both.

Is Romney saying now that he will actively work to change the ProChoice Laws?
This is taken from his campaign website. I would locate a youtube link for you to hear him speak about it, but youtube is blocked for me at work.
GOVERNOR ROMNEY: "What became clear during the cloning debate is how the harsh logic of an absolute right to abortion had cheapened the value of human life to the point that rational people saw a human embryo as nothing more than mere research material to be used, and then destroyed."
"My experience as Governor taught me firsthand that the threat to our culture is real and those in a position to do so must take action to defend it." (Governor Mitt Romney, Remarks At The National Right To Life Convention Forum, 7/15/07)
This is just five years after that video was recorded where there was no doubt whatsoever he was entirely committed to a pro-choice stand that would not move.

Governor Romney has no moral compass. He will say whatever it takes to get elected. This is not unusual in politics. But there are some who are not so.
      01-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #84
LambOfGod
Lieutenant

Quote:
This is taken from his campaign website. I would locate a youtube link for you to hear him speak about it, but youtube is blocked for me at work.
GOVERNOR ROMNEY: "What became clear during the cloning debate is how the harsh logic of an absolute right to abortion had cheapened the value of human life to the point that rational people saw a human embryo as nothing more than mere research material to be used, and then destroyed."
"My experience as Governor taught me firsthand that the threat to our culture is real and those in a position to do so must take action to defend it." (Governor Mitt Romney, Remarks At The National Right To Life Convention Forum, 7/15/07)
This is just five years after that video was recorded where there was no doubt whatsoever he was entirely committed to a pro-choice stand that would not move.

Governor Romney has no moral compass. He will say whatever it takes to get elected. This is not unusual in politics. But there are some who are not so.
Perhaps God finally came down to him in a vision and told him to stop supporting those that kill his babies. All these Politicians are crazy. Far Right and Far Left. They should be on American Idol.
      01-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #85
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Perhaps God finally came down to him in a vision and told him to stop supporting those that kill his babies. All these Politicians are crazy. Far Right and Far Left. They should be on American Idol.
There is a lot of evidence that he will say anything for a vote. It is not the abortion issue alone. It is even stupid stuff. He also made promises to the people of Michigan that he cannot keep:
"I hear people say, 'It's gone, those jobs are gone, transportation's gone, it's not coming back,'" he said. "I'm going to fight for every single job. I'm going to rebuild the industry. I'm going to take burdens off the back of the auto industry."
He said what the audience wanted to hear. Damn the truth. McCain told the truth. He just sounded pessimistic. I don't like McCain, but I think maybe I like Romney even less. I am all for being positive, but empty promises is worse than pessimism.
      01-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #86
e90im
Brigadier General

Quote:
Today Rush Limbaugh took a series of calls from women who are swooning over Mitt Romney. He has dubbed them "Mittens."
Holy crap, is that retard drug addict where you get your news from???

01-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #87
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
Holy crap, is that retard drug addict where you get your news from???
I listen to Rush for entertainment (in case you didn't catch it, I have been criticising Rush). I listen to Sean Hannity. Sometimes I will listen to Michael Savage (until I can't stand it, he is a lunatic). I listen to NPR (usually too boring to listen to for any length of time). I listen to/watch a lot of things. You need to wade through all the biased junk to get some gems. Do you listen to any talk shows? All the right-wing talkers seem to like Romney (seemingly because they think he will protect their pile of money better than any other).

Regarding Rush and the way he deals with Romey, he will not criticize anything about Romney or Thompson, but he will eviscerate the others. He fires accusations at these others even where the attack is much more applicable to Romney. He is utterly biased in favor or Romney. He has abandoned Christian conservatives. I bet that some day he will try to act like nothing happened. I will not forget. I am an elephant (GOP).
      01-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #88
dlwhite
First Lieutenant

Drives: Sparkling Graphite 2007 335xi

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]