BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-22-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Re-doing the "bachelor pad"...wanna help??

lol..its not really a pad, just my room

heres what it looks like now:





its a mess, but im going out next week to get some new stuff...well i knida wanna replace everything...i never really cared about what this room looked like cause i sleep in another one, but now that this room is my "media center", it needs to be more comfortable...here is what the center of my entertainment room is gonna be!



im thinking all black furniture...black wooden tv stand, black lounge chairs (for movie/game nights + when just hanging out with some friends), and a black sofawhere the bed is...if you have any ideas, please post links, pictures, and opinions!! thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
Artz 330
Colonel
55
Rep
2,486
Posts

 
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
You still live with the rents?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

yepp, im only 16...lol
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 01:49 AM   #4
nyczyang27
Second Lieutenant
nyczyang27's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: z4 3.0si / 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

def lose the bed sheets
__________________

2007 Z4 3.0si Step/Premium/Xenon/HeatedSeats/AutoTop/M6Wheels
2007 328xi Step/Premium/Sport/Xenon
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 01:53 AM   #5
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczyang27 View Post
def lose the bed sheets
getting rid of the enitre bedset...lol...i didnt care to change the bedsheets/blanket cause i never slept in that room...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
63
Rep
4,250
Posts

 
Drives: E70 X5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NOR*CAL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczyang27 View Post
def lose the bed sheets
did you see the flowers too?
__________________
2010 E92 BSM 335i | M-Sport | ST Coils | Linea Corse Lemans | Cobb AP | BMS DCI | Cyba Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 02:13 AM   #7
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
did you see the flowers too?
lmao...i kinda saw this comingg...shouldve taken'em off before taking the pictures
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chevy Chase, MD

iTrader: (0)

Get rid of the bed and put in a sofa. New paint should be a priority if you want to change up the feel of the space.
Sounds like your on a budget so head to ikea. You can find great media centers, fresh lighting, and new seating fairly inexpensively.
Good luck and post photos when your finished.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeClothing View Post
Get rid of the bed and put in a sofa. New paint should be a priority if you want to change up the feel of the space.
Sounds like your on a budget so head to ikea. You can find great media centers, fresh lighting, and new seating fairly inexpensively.
Good luck and post photos when your finished.
why does it sound like im on a budget?? lol..and thankss for the ideas
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
lol..its not really a pad, just my room

heres what it looks like now:





its a mess, but im going out next week to get some new stuff...well i knida wanna replace everything...i never really cared about what this room looked like cause i sleep in another one, but now that this room is my "media center", it needs to be more comfortable...here is what the center of my entertainment room is gonna be!



im thinking all black furniture...black wooden tv stand, black lounge chairs (for movie/game nights + when just hanging out with some friends), and a black sofawhere the bed is...if you have any ideas, please post links, pictures, and opinions!! thanks a lot
Apparently 'Blue Iris' is the color for 2008.
PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris
"As a reflection of the times, Blue Iris brings together the dependable aspect of blue, underscored by a strong, soul-searching purple cast. Emotionally, it is anchoring and meditative with a touch of magic. Look for it artfully combined with deeper plums, red-browns, yellow-greens, grapes and grays.

lol..
Aight, well I wouldn't go with all black furniture because that is pretty lame.. Seems like every entertainment room has nothing but black furniture.. Just get some cool stuff that is out of the ordinary, and get rid of all that old woman furniture.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

to replace the bed, i really like this:

(it wont let me post the pics from the site so heres the link)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...plete+the+Look

go to enlarge images and view all of them...i think its pretty cool

whatcha think??
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #12
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Apparently 'Blue Iris' is the color for 2008.
PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris
"As a reflection of the times, Blue Iris brings together the dependable aspect of blue, underscored by a strong, soul-searching purple cast. Emotionally, it is anchoring and meditative with a touch of magic. Look for it artfully combined with deeper plums, red-browns, yellow-greens, grapes and grays.

lol..
Aight, well I wouldn't go with all black furniture because that is pretty lame.. Seems like every entertainment room has nothing but black furniture.. Just get some cool stuff that is out of the ordinary, and get rid of all that old woman furniture.

-Nathan
have any pics of cool furniture?? im not exactly an interior decorator
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #13
BMWE90
Major
BMWE90's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,153
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

I like that convertible lounger. I was thinking of getting something like that. But to re-do the entire room would cost you quite a bit (furniture arent cheap).
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #14
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
I like that convertible lounger. I was thinking of getting something like that. But to re-do the entire room would cost you quite a bit (furniture arent cheap).
thankss...i dont think it should be too bad...i have some money saved up...

(everything is estimated to include tax)

Lounger - $360
Swivel Lounge Chairs - 4 x $70 - $280
Tv stand - $75

so right now im at $715, and lets say i dont wanna go over $1000...i can add a few more things with the $285 i have left!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Kiemyster's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
83
Rep
3,132
Posts

 
Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens/NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
the OP is such a little @#%$!!!!!!

he made this entire thread JUST to show off his halo edition xbox 360.

dude its fucking sexy. did you get the wireless earpeice too? MORE PICS!
__________________
"AMG What! S-Line Who? If you ain't got that M I got no respect for you!"
'06 Alpine Weiss E90 320i | '06 The Green Machine E90 325xi | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 M3 ZCP | '10 Silverstone X5M | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 335xi
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #16
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
have any pics of cool furniture?? im not exactly an interior decorator
For some reason I like a lot of IKEA's stuff.. Everything I see in furniture stores seems to be what someone would have 10-20 years ago, and is all the same style..

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...s/range/10367/
(Choose cloth/leather to the side)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19839536
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99824913
Stuff like this catches my eye..

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #17
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
For some reason I like a lot of IKEA's stuff.. Everything I see in furniture stores seems to be what someone would have 10-20 years ago, and is all the same style..

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...s/range/10367/
(Choose cloth/leather to the side)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19839536
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99824913
Stuff like this catches my eye..

-Nathan
Ikea's stuff is visually appealing, but it's very uncomfortable furniture imo.

If you're going to redo the room, clear it out first then take pics.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 01:01 AM   #18
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
8
Rep
233
Posts

 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chevy Chase, MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
why does it sound like im on a budget?? lol..and thankss for the ideas
Your 16....trust me....your on a budget.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #19
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Jay_328's Avatar
22
Rep
1,596
Posts

 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldy View Post
Lose your virginity first!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #20
Nikki
Major General
Nikki's Avatar
United_States
213
Rep
6,373
Posts

 
Drives: del Sol VTEC & Sepang Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: OC

iTrader: (9)

Bed:

http://www.zgallerie.com/pc-3668-66-profile-bed.aspx


Bedding:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...*24*-1*-1*Y*36
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...*24*-1*-1*Y*20
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...*24*-1*-1*Y*25


Media stand:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/...key=cfurabstvs



Accessories:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family...c=1395&f=24490
or
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1395&f=3589


http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family...c=1340&f=13291 (with red candle)
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1430&f=3135
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=891&f=3395


and I can't find exactly what I am looking for right now but some red/white/black (depending on what bedding you go with) rectangular accent pillows for the bed.
__________________
Nikki


Last edited by Nikki; 12-23-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #21
Expired
Fanatic
Expired's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
175
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
+1 :O
I hate dressers though.. I hang my stuff in my closet because I like a lot of open space.
Although that seems like it would be for an old man in his gigantic bedroom..
I'm not yet old enough for that set up.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69849241
Pretty much the same thing.. besides the Mahogany and Cherry of course.
'engineered wood' is just a nicer way of saying particle board..

If you buy all those useless pillow's, people will think you are a woman. :P

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.

Last edited by Expired; 12-23-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #22
xxballinboi786
Captain
xxballinboi786's Avatar
79
Rep
734
Posts

 
Drives: Lamborghini
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

thanks a lot nikki

i really like a lot of the stuff you posted, but i was thinking of making this room more of just an entertainment center...i wanna take out all the furniture (bed, dresser, side cabinets, side tables, etc) and replace it with a lounger, single swivel chairs, entertainment stand for the PS3, Xbox 360, and DVR, and surround sound...and other stuff to make the room look nice...thank you very much to everyone whos contributed so far!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST