BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-13-2007, 02:59 AM   #1
justin0707
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

Ran against 650i and won

I was coming home

and 650i pulled up behind me

and he wanted engage

so i was about a 1 1/2 car behind him about 60 km/h

we were going uphill...

and by the time we reached a 45 degree corner we were about 150 km/h

and i had him by a car lengh

i even took my Turbo Tuner out couple days ago

so my car was bone stock

i bet he was pretty pissed off

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
ween0t
Private
0
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: bay area, CA

iTrader: (0)

nice
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 03:09 AM   #3
justin0707
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

thanks man

it was 1.5 Celsius out

kinda icy

i was all over the place going into the corner
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 04:20 AM   #4
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
ChineseGuy's Avatar
34
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

iTrader: (2)

what color was the 650?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 04:23 AM   #5
justin0707
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

it was white

was it you?

haha
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 05:36 AM   #6
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
ChineseGuy's Avatar
34
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

iTrader: (2)

nah, my friend drives a white 650 in vancouver...

do u remmeber how the driver was like?...haha...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:13 AM   #7
justin0707
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

no idea

it was at westwood
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 01:20 AM   #8
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
7,381
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

iTrader: (12)

street racing is legal in canada?
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #9
DanDan
.../
DanDan's Avatar
1
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BC

iTrader: (1)

haha...white 650i hes my friend..
he had one passenger in the car and in D mode..he just picked up his car 3 weeks ago....

he said to me it was very close....
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #10
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
ChineseGuy's Avatar
34
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
haha...white 650i hes my friend..
he had one passenger in the car and in D mode..he just picked up his car 3 weeks ago....

he said to me it was very close....
his name starts wit a "C"?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #11
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,973
Posts

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

WOW, stupid BMW designers made 335 faster than any other BMW in the lineup...
You guys are funny...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #12
tyrewt
Captain
Canada
17
Rep
641
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
street racing is legal in canada?
Nope. If you get caught going 50km over the posted speed limit in Ontario and the cops will enforce the new "Street racing law". I agree with the law, but it also applies to speeding in general which is a loop hole. Been a few people that got nabbed on it. Automatic impound, license suspension and max $10,000 fine.

The Government is really trying to make a point with this law, a lot of trouble with street racing in larger metro areas.

Dangerous Driving - No bodily harm or death:

Before: Summary conviction or imprisonment up to five years

Now: the same

(A summary conviction is reserved for the least serious offences in the Criminal Code. In general, it means a fine of up to $2,000 or six months in jail - or both.)



Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm

Before: Up to 10 years in prison

Now: Up to 14 years in prison



Dangerous Driving causing Death:

Before: Up to 14 years in prison.

Now: Potential for lifetime imprisonment



Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm:

Before: Up to 10 years in prison.

Now: Up to 14 years in prison.



Criminal Negligence causing Death:

Before: Maximum punishment of life in prison

Now: same.



What happens to your license if you get caught? Here's the rundown:

First Street Racing Conviction

Dangerous Driving - No Bodily Harm or Death: 1 to 3 years

Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm: 1 to 10 years

Dangerous Driving causing Death: 1 to 10 years

Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm: 1 to 10 years

Criminal Negligence causing Death: 1 year to life



Second Street Racing Conviction:

Dangerous Driving - No Bodily Harm or Death: 2 to 5 years

Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm: 2 to 10 years

Dangerous Driving causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has two convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offences caused a death .)

Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm: 2 to 10 years

Criminal Negligence causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has two convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offences caused a death .)



All subsequent street racing convictions:

Dangerous Driving - No Bodily Harm or Death: 3 years to life

Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm: 3 years to life.

Dangerous Driving causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has three or more convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offences caused a death .)

Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm: 3 years to life

Criminal Negligence causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has three or more convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offenses caused a death .)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
E36_325i
Private First Class
E36_325i's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: E36 325i + '06 M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Indianapolis

iTrader: (0)

1 passenter, D mode, 3 week old 6er barely broken in...
um yea
__________________
'06 M3 | Jet/Cinn | ZPP | Xenons | NAV | Military Sales.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #14
justin0707
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

i was in D mode too

i don't know since we didn't have to shift

like we were going 60ish

so i think it down shifted to 3rd i am guessing

as DanDan said

i might meet up the guy again

he's DanDan's buddy

i will have my TT back on this time
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #15
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Canada
46
Rep
3,850
Posts

 
Drives: with no destination
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 416

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0707 View Post
thanks man

it was 1.5 Celsius out

kinda icy

i was all over the place going into the corner
Wow so it was almost freezing out and you're racing up to 150kms?



Not very smart. But hey, if you wanna die be my guest.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #16
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Kiemyster's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
83
Rep
3,132
Posts

 
Drives: E90x4 (M3, 335xi, 325xi,320i)
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens/NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
nice run, bet you had the biggest smile slapped on your face ehh?
__________________
"AMG What! S-Line Who? If you ain't got that M I got no respect for you!"
'06 Alpine Weiss E90 320i | '06 The Green Machine E90 325xi | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 M3 ZCP | '10 Silverstone X5M | '11 Alpine Weiss E90 335xi
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #17
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
7,381
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrewt View Post
Nope. If you get caught going 50km over the posted speed limit in Ontario and the cops will enforce the new "Street racing law". I agree with the law, but it also applies to speeding in general which is a loop hole. Been a few people that got nabbed on it. Automatic impound, license suspension and max $10,000 fine.

The Government is really trying to make a point with this law, a lot of trouble with street racing in larger metro areas.

Dangerous Driving - No bodily harm or death:

Before: Summary conviction or imprisonment up to five years

Now: the same

(A summary conviction is reserved for the least serious offences in the Criminal Code. In general, it means a fine of up to $2,000 or six months in jail - or both.)



Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm

Before: Up to 10 years in prison

Now: Up to 14 years in prison



Dangerous Driving causing Death:

Before: Up to 14 years in prison.

Now: Potential for lifetime imprisonment



Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm:

Before: Up to 10 years in prison.

Now: Up to 14 years in prison.



Criminal Negligence causing Death:

Before: Maximum punishment of life in prison

Now: same.



What happens to your license if you get caught? Here's the rundown:

First Street Racing Conviction

Dangerous Driving - No Bodily Harm or Death: 1 to 3 years

Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm: 1 to 10 years

Dangerous Driving causing Death: 1 to 10 years

Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm: 1 to 10 years

Criminal Negligence causing Death: 1 year to life



Second Street Racing Conviction:

Dangerous Driving - No Bodily Harm or Death: 2 to 5 years

Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm: 2 to 10 years

Dangerous Driving causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has two convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offences caused a death .)

Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm: 2 to 10 years

Criminal Negligence causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has two convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offences caused a death .)



All subsequent street racing convictions:

Dangerous Driving - No Bodily Harm or Death: 3 years to life

Dangerous Driving causing Bodily Harm: 3 years to life.

Dangerous Driving causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has three or more convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offences caused a death .)

Criminal Negligence causing Bodily Harm: 3 years to life

Criminal Negligence causing Death: Lifetime ban

(Applies only if an offender has three or more convictions where someone was injured or killed as a result of street racing, and at least one of these offenses caused a death .)
I'm so glad I live in Ontario, California...........
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2007, 09:55 PM   #18
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
38
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036

iTrader: (0)

WOW, You mean the 335 actually WON!

I'm SHOCKED!!


Appreciate 0
      12-15-2007, 02:05 AM   #19
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
7,381
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
WOW, You mean the 335 actually WON!

I'm SHOCKED!!


It's the internet.....anything is possible!
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 03:30 AM   #20
justin0707
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
It's the internet.....anything is possible!


haha well that's true

we are gonna run pretty soon

when it's not raining so crazy

this time with my TT on
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 03:38 AM   #21
justin0707
Private
1
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
nice run, bet you had the biggest smile slapped on your face ehh?


ohhh ya

no doubt
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #22
Comet
Troll Harder
Comet's Avatar
Lebanon
73
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Beirut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I believe it
I beat a 645 with my G-coupe once...
and not one try...
we did several.. and the last one I even let him gaz it before me.. and I still took him...
the guy wanted to keep trying... I roll my window and I'm like "pay my gaz and I'll go all the way to the next city with u"
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST