BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GTB Performance

12-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #23
Technic
Lieutenant General

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakybimmer View Post
So you are saying BMW is trying to releasing more car and BMW is considering economy as a factor, that's why they wait till March to release M3?
So lets say that's true....We must be seeing a economy upturn in March then.
Damn BMW is good...I am gonna buy some stock.
I think that you are reading parts of my posts that I did not write... all this time I've been referring -guessing the reasons, if you will- of the price non-announcement, not of the reasons of why the M3 will be introduced in the USA in March... although, I can guess that one too: M-DCT.
Technic is offline   United_States
      12-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #24
Technic
Lieutenant General

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
lol......watever
You said the reason M come out later than MB is because of US Economy....

On the last post ...You chose not to reply my main idea, instead you attack the specific date.
This is sad...and check out the definition of hyphen.
Whatever, bro... I'm done with you.
      12-07-2007, 08:35 AM   #25
Big Windy
Major General

Drives: audi s4

Garage List
Quote:
stop being a Borat man....
what is with your borat fetish? just curious...and what is a "Borat man"
Big Windy is offline   United_States
      12-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
stop being a Borat man....
I don't fight hairy, naked men, sorry...
      12-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #27
Voltigeur
MacroRisk

Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
For that to happen in the USA (expected to get almost half of that number), while the Euro vs Dollar is not helping at all, the gasoline prices this high, housing market all messed up, and more competition than ever before in this category, requires some imagination from BMW in positioning this M3 price right to sell that quantity, I would think. Especially after observing some sales declines in the rest of the M-Series models.
Spot on! Consumers used their friggin' houses as ATM machines - just read the Wall St Journal. Recently there was a discussion of subprime borrowers, one for e.g. who bought a home in 1985 for $125k and then in 2007 owed $625k (how phucked up is that!) - had refi'd 5x in 5 years and used the last cash-out to pay off a Lexus - and the home was now worth $450k, so she was $175k underwater.

Bottom line: persistently low US savings rates have to reverse - especially with the wealth effect from housing dissipated, and income growth is set to slow further - there were also shit-loads of people making a killing in selling crap mtg loans to borrowers - gone away too. That equals a headwind for the sales of mid-range higher end cars (less so the exotics) that relied on a frothy consumer backed by a surging home market.

BMW's not clueless and they will want to shift - as you suggest - more e92 M3s than the e46. So they have to price it in a major market like ours accordingly (and the M3 does not have the niche to itself anymore...)

Mind you, I suspect the export mix will change - U.S. will become less important and China, Russia, India will over time start to pick up some of our slack - and at higher ASPs than the more price-sensitive US consumer will pay.

Here's the anecdote of the day on our prices: a dude told a co-worker at a conf. in NY last week that he was buying his 997 C4 in NY and shipping it back to Deutschland - as it was cheaper to do that even w/ shipping / customs given the EUR/USD rate!!

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia