BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Mtrack

11-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #67
DoctaM3
500+ HP Club

Drives: Silver Gray Metallic X6M & M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
yeah... this would definitely solidify our path to an imperial presidency.

Truth be told "Dubya" is the one who has made this an imperial presidency. We may need to soon call him GOD!
DoctaM3 is offline   United_States
      11-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #68
OC 335i
General

Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
You don't recognize sarcasm when you see it? Of course I know they wouldn't pay to move you if they disliked you. I was using sarcasm to indicate how WE don't like you.

And, chief, seeing as Walmart is a "Fortune 100" company, that really isn't too much indication of your standing. I've worked for a Fortune 100 company, and a Fortune 500 company (very nearly a 100). It's not that impressive of a claim, is it? So quit stroking yourself.
Yeah, the "Fortune 100" thing is pretty amusing. It might be a big deal if you are out in the sticks, but not a big deal in SoCal at all. For the record, I think where I work, they are #40 something on the 2007 list. I don't think it's that important (maybe for job stability) and didn't bother to look it up until now.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
      11-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #69
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Yeah, the "Fortune 100" thing is pretty amusing. It might be a big deal if you are out in the sticks, but not a big deal in SoCal at all. For the record, I think where I work, they are #40 something on the 2007 list. I don't think it's that important (maybe for job stability) and didn't bother to look it up until now.
why would you comment on something you have no f'n idea about?
      11-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #70
OC 335i
General

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
why would you comment on something you have no f'n idea about?
Why are your panties in a bunch? Take a deep breath, relax a little.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
      11-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #71
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
You don't recognize sarcasm when you see it? Of course I know they wouldn't pay to move you if they disliked you. I was using sarcasm to indicate how WE don't like you.

And, chief, seeing as Walmart is a "Fortune 100" company, that really isn't too much indication of your standing. I've worked for a Fortune 100 company, and a Fortune 500 company (very nearly a 100). It's not that impressive of a claim, is it? So quit stroking yourself.
I would be glad to explain it to you. Here are some of benefits (just a few):
1) Job security (in general)
2) Benefits
3) Future
4) Customer acceptance
5) opportunities within
6) Job and progress training
7) career alignment
8) worldwide presence and transfers
9) employee satisfaction

I am glad you do understand that WM is a top company, what you missed to understand is that the people you deal at walmart are most likely same level as you are. The people that lead the company and who really enjoy the 100 thing are behing, with the degrees or with years of service.
You also fail to understand that the consumer sales company is very different from the Semiconductors or technology fortune company...

Also, what you really fail to understand is that more you reply here, the more you show how empty you are and prove what I typed in my first reply to your attack...
      11-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #72
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General

Drives: MP4

Quote:
2) Benefits
3) Future
4) Customer acceptance
5) opportunities within
7) career alignment
9) employee satisfaction
I like how you listed Benefits in your list of benefits. Good show mate!
      11-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #73
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I like how you listed Benefits in your list of benefits. Good show mate!
if your lazy ass would read the whole thread, we were talking about the benefits of working for the 100 comp, and one of them are company benefits which include among others relo, vacations, sick days, bonuses...

So, don't just post to sound smart here...
      11-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #74
///Matt
United States Marine

Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ///Matt
Quote:
2) Benefits
3) Future
4) Customer acceptance
5) opportunities within
7) career alignment
9) employee satisfaction

I am glad you do understand that WM is a top company, what you missed to understand is that the people you deal at walmart are most likely same level as you are. The people that lead the company and who really enjoy the 100 thing are behing, with the degrees or with years of service.
You also fail to understand that the consumer sales company is very different from the Semiconductors or technology fortune company...

Also, what you really fail to understand is that more you reply here, the more you show how empty you are and prove what I typed in my first reply to your attack...

What you fail to understand, chief, is that I know all about the benefits of working for a Fortune company. I'm explaining to you, simpleton, that it's not an impressive claim to say you work for one. You're not special for it. You're still just as boring and unintelligent as ever.

In case you hadn't noticed, people around here aren't sticking up for you... Are you still so sure you've 'proven' anything about anyone, at all?
///Matt is offline   United_States
      11-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #75
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Drives: Fast

Quote:

Same here in Seattle. We have 1 or 2 on the Forbes list also
      11-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #76
OC 335i
General

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Same here in Seattle. We have 1 or 2 on the Forbes list also
Who needs Windows and Coffee?

11-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #77
bartman32
Colonel

Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
2) Benefits
3) Future
4) Customer acceptance
5) opportunities within
7) career alignment
9) employee satisfaction

WOW I've always wanted to use those icons!!!!

Working for Fortune 100 is not all that great. I worked for #31, now # 81. I wouldn't say Job security, employee satisfaction (Have you read Dell's employee satisfaction ratings?), or career alignment are givens for a large fortune company! It has a LOT more to do with who is running the company and their priorities! And if you are worried about a dicatorship look at THAT list! WOW!!! Talk about dictatorships!

But I really don't want to take sides here.
      11-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #78
OC 335i
General

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman32 View Post
WOW I've always wanted to use those icons!!!!

Working for Fortune 100 is not all that great. I worked for #31, now # 81. I wouldn't say Job security, employee satisfaction (Have you read Dell's employee satisfaction ratings?), or career alignment are givens for a large fortune company! It has a LOT more to do with who is running the company and their priorities! And if you are worried about a dicatorship look at THAT list! WOW!!! Talk about dictatorships!

But I really don't want to take sides here.
Exactly. Not taking sides.

Haven't even met Matt. Dr325 - All I know is constantly boasting/bragging about your job online in a public forum is well, rather pathetic. You're doing well, good for you. I'm happy for you, no need to brag or be redundant. The worst part is looking down on someone because you feel their job is lesser than yours.

11-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #79
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Who needs Windows and Coffee?
Or free checking, or parcel delivery,or warehouse shopping, or airplanes (ok technically Boeing is now out of Chicago but it's heart is still here)

11-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #80
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Exactly. Not taking sides.

Haven't even met Matt. Dr325 - All I know is constantly boasting/bragging about your job online in a public forum is well, rather pathetic. You're doing well, good for you. I'm happy for you, no need to brag or be redundant. The worst part is looking down on someone because you feel their job is lesser than yours.
Actually, accept for Matt, I never looked at someone else down because of his/her job since I worked some ugly stuff on my way up, and I completely understand it.
And I would have not even mentioned it if he (Matt) did not start it... I like to debate, not involve personal attacks, but again, he started it, so, it is a lot of fun to do it at this point...
I never called him stupid or an idiot again until he did it, so...

As for the Fortune 100 companies, I agree and sdisagree witht he comments above. In theory, majority of those companies are pleasent to work for and you feel secure. Of course, most of them go through the cycles and it is business, if the outlook looks bad for them, they turn sour. However, there is a good chance that those will survive the downturn.

I know a lot of Dell people since Dell was my customer for 10 years (almost) and since many of my college buddies worked for them. I don't know a single person that hated it at Dell, some of them are still there...
      11-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #81
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Or free checking, or parcel delivery,or warehouse shopping, or airplanes (ok technically Boeing is now out of Chicago but it's heart is still here)

I love Seattle!
      11-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #82
youyou
Colonel

Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:
I thought I already told you about it...
But if not, it was nice, as I expected. I was surprised that Israelis are big slackers though, I thought they had better work ethics...

Other than that, Tel Aviv is vibrant and party place, Jerusalem is interesting...
No we never discussed it...
They do live a very relaxed lifestyle but they do have great work ethics as well as great War ethics
Retired - 2008 M3 E93 Alpine White
Retired - 2007 335 E92 Alpine White
youyou is offline   Canada
      11-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #83
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
No we never discussed it...
They do live a very relaxed lifestyle but they do have great work ethics as well as great War ethics
I felt super safe and yes -- relaxed over there for two weeks.
They are great people and very social and friendly defintely.
Looking fwd to going back in a few months...
      11-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #84
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
It's great how a lot of people are saying it will be Obama and Clinton in the end.... but do you REALLY believe that a black man or a woman will be the next president? I don't believe it. I don't have a problem with a black man or a woman being president, but I just don't think there are enough people in America (who vote) who are ok with it.

i rather have either black or female to be our next president.. just my opinion only .. I dont want to see another stupid republician running for 4 more years. we dont need another blood bath in the middle east.. DUde I want our Troops out. lets thos middle eastern countries take care themself. Who care if they want to kill each other for oil. The world have too many folks and we are killing our planet. We polluted our own atm.. alot of the ice cap in the south pole is melting.. We are going to die by water flooding the coast line.. WHo care about the oil. screw it.. time for change for Bio fuel or soemthing does not warm the atm
      11-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #85
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
i rather have either black or female to be our next president.. just my opinion only .. I dont want to see another stupid republician running for 4 more years. we dont need another blood bath in the middle east.. DUde I want our Troops out. lets thos middle eastern countries take care themself. Who care if they want to kill each other for oil. The world have too many folks and we are killing our planet. We polluted our own atm.. alot of the ice cap in the south pole is melting.. We are going to die by water flooding the coast line.. WHo care about the oil. screw it.. time for change for Bio fuel or soemthing does not warm the atm
finally back on topic.
republican or dem...if they would just fork for the people of this country not their stupid ideas and realizing that they were trusted by the citizens and should not exercise vetos whenever majority diagrees with them...
\I am not sure any politician can do that any more...
      11-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #86
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Bill Gates for President!
      11-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #87
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
What you fail to understand, chief, is that I know all about the benefits of working for a Fortune company. I'm explaining to you, simpleton, that it's not an impressive claim to say you work for one. You're not special for it. You're still just as boring and unintelligent as ever.

In case you hadn't noticed, people around here aren't sticking up for you... Are you still so sure you've 'proven' anything about anyone, at all?
Ah, well, I could bring people to stick up with me, but I am not a sissy like you monkey...
The actual thing is that you know nothing about working in a real world, but you believe strongly you do...

As for the proofs -- I've simply proven that anything you claimed just showed how empty you are and how much you think you know and how much you over-value yourself... You never shoved the opposite. You're just like a toy that rewind and it keeps saying the same crap over and over...and that is your proof. School would teach you the opposite -- try it...

Anyway, enough of this "you're a monkey, no I'm not" stuff, it is not fun any more. The simplest proof that you would even understand is for you just to look at the mirror...or that picture on this board...

If you cannot debate (what this thread is all about -- Hilary good or not, W bad or not), then go to other thread. I never pointed out your stupidity just because you believe that Bush is the greatest thing ever happened to this country, but I can debate you on that all day long...
      11-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #88
///Matt
United States Marine

Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ///Matt
Quote:

As for the proofs -- I've simply proven that anything you claimed just showed how empty you are and how much you think you know and how much you over-value yourself... You never shoved the opposite. You're just like a toy that rewind and it keeps saying the same crap over and over...and that is your proof.

The irony inherent in this statement amazes me to no end. You're fuckin' ridiculous, chief.
///Matt is offline   United_States