BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

PYSPEED

11-17-2007, 06:04 AM   #89
FUR65
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 320d

Garage List
2008 E90 320d  [0.00]
dude, I see that you have two wives one of them is your real wife and the other one is BMW.. car is nothing... It is just a small hobby...
      11-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #90
shipill
Major

Drives: E350 Coupe

sorry i am not married i cant inswer your question :P
shipill is offline   Canada
      11-25-2007, 05:44 AM   #91
Bastet
Second Lieutenant

Drives: M3 E92 aka 'Batmobile'

What sort of driving instructors do you have in the US if they don't teach properly how to drive a car ? Being a woman myself, I know that some women are s*** drivers, but then again, I've seen some awfully bad man drivers as well so (no offense guys!) Small suggestion, if I may, why don't you teach her how to handle this kind of car first and make her feel confident about driving the 'beast' and then see if she even wants to drive it alone ?

One sure thing is, as soon as we get ours, we won't let anyone who doesn't know how to drive (according to our standards) touch our car ! It may only be a car, but it's also a lot of money to throw out of the window if something goes wrong...
Bastet is offline   Belgium
      11-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #92
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire

Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
What sort of driving instructors do you have in the US if they don't teach properly how to drive a car ?
You may have hit the nail on the head.

My son's "driver education" course was instructed by someone who was just doing it as a job. The road test to receive his license consisted of a 5 minute stint behind the wheel and as long as he didn't do too many things wrong, he was awarded the right to drive by the state.

This did not sit well with me and even though he had obtained his driver's license, until he was able to demonstrate the ability to drive properly, he was not given the keys to the car.

STE92VE is offline   United_States
      11-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #93
bigjae1976
That's what she said...

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastet View Post
What sort of driving instructors do you have in the US if they don't teach properly how to drive a car ? Being a woman myself, I know that some women are s*** drivers, but then again, I've seen some awfully bad man drivers as well so (no offense guys!) Small suggestion, if I may, why don't you teach her how to handle this kind of car first and make her feel confident about driving the 'beast' and then see if she even wants to drive it alone ?

One sure thing is, as soon as we get ours, we won't let anyone who doesn't know how to drive (according to our standards) touch our car ! It may only be a car, but it's also a lot of money to throw out of the window if something goes wrong...
Driver's training in the US

Come on over to the northeast (DC, Philly, NY, Boston) and you'll be shocked. People never cease to amaze me between cell phones, makeup, and people trying to read newspapers...WHILE DRIVING!

And I did get flashed by some hot blonde in the back of a white Carrera4 vert while cutting across 7 lanes of traffic during friday PM rush hour right outside of city hall in downtown Philly.

So yeah...US drivers really suck in general.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
      11-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #94
Bastet
Second Lieutenant

Drives: M3 E92 aka 'Batmobile'

Scary stuff... I was born in Finland where you have to pass a driving test during the summer AND winter (driving conditions being different in the rain, snow and ice, as we know) before the final driving licence is given - and there is of course the theory exam (10-12 hrs of lessons before you can take the exam if I remember right) first and then you get to drive a car with the instructor... so I suppose the basics on HOW to drive are indeed slightly different to the US

People on the phone, reading newspapers and putting on make-up (or shaving) etc while driving really get on my nerves also
Bastet is offline   Belgium
      11-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #95
rje
RJE 335xi E90 Monaco Blue/Lemon, MB C350 White/Blk

Drives: 07-335xi E90, 07 MDX,11 C350-4

One of the reason I am now a steptronic driver. In case of emergency and we are faaarrr away from home, she needs to take over. Plus when going to get togethers, I let her drive once I have something to drink (beer, etc.). But she only drives it once in a blue moon and mostly I am there with her. Mainly she drives the 07 MDX, so she complains about how low the car is, but she said it is soooo smoooooth. I know!
rje is offline   Philippines