BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #67
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,630
iTrader: (4)

To continue if the Mil price is in fact less than 51K as Davo says then even with the full 10% discount the MSRP would be 56.67K... which sounds very likely to me.

$56,667 is my new best guess

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 08:54 PM   #68
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
To continue if the Mil price is in fact less than 51K as Davo says then even with the full 10% discount the MSRP would be 56.67K... which sounds very likely to me.

$56,667 is my new best guess

Jason
I don't mean to be splitting hairs, but Davo said $50700 for MIL sales pricing, which would translate to $56333 at 10% discount.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #69
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,630
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I don't mean to be splitting hairs, but Davo said $50700 for MIL sales pricing, which would translate to $56333 at 10% discount.
Hahahhahaha... true true

I just used 51K to be conservative..

Plus, 56,667 just sounds like an MSRP for a car you know....

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #70
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Hahahhahaha... true true

I just used 51K to be conservative..

Plus, 56,667 just sounds like an MSRP for a car you know....

Jason


Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving Jason.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #71
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,630
iTrader: (4)

Thanks, not bad considering

Hope you are too

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #72
THE JEDI
Major
 
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAPAN, Okinawa

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Hey I'm not arguing..but gman your in the states how can u buy thought u had to be overseas at the time of purchase...just asking
THE JEDI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #73
Gadgetman
Porsche Carrera 4S
 
Gadgetman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: KCRG

Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Gadgetman
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Hey I'm not arguing..but gman your in the states how can u buy thought u had to be overseas at the time of purchase...just asking
Jedi,

I'm in the U.S. Navy and currently deployed in the Eastern Pacific onboard an FFG hunting "go fast"/drug runners.

Here are some pictures from the Panama Autoshow in Panama City, Panama.
Gadgetman's Photos of new E92 M3
Check out my smile, I thought it was my M

As long as I'm on deployment and submit my deposit and order before I return to the U.S. I qualify.


Best Regards,
__________________
2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Champion RS98 wheels, X51 Headers, FVD Brombacher 200 Cell Cats, FVD Tune, X51 Throttle Body, Maxspeed Plenum, and Rear seat delete.
Laser Interceptor
Valentine 1
Gadgetman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #74
Keto
Major
 
Keto's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N'awlins

Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed View Post
i'm hoping the "enhanced premium sound" is the step above Logic 7, aka the INDIVIDUAL sound
That same price/option name is on the 2008 M5 on the BMWUSA website for $700, and according to the BMW "M driver newsletter" posted in the main M3 forum, that has the "neodynium" drivers and all that stuff. Sounds like it's the same.

BMWNA would be idiotic to not offer an upgraded stereo that BMW has already developed for every other M car including Euro E92's.

EDIT: Little more digging, the 2008 M5 ordering guide lists a "752 Enhanced Premium Sound" as well. Sounds like it will be the same.

Last edited by Keto; 11-23-2007 at 01:49 AM. Reason: clarification
Keto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2007, 03:17 AM   #75
THE JEDI
Major
 
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAPAN, Okinawa

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
Jedi,

I'm in the U.S. Navy and currently deployed in the Eastern Pacific onboard an FFG hunting "go fast"/drug runners.

Here are some pictures from the Panama Autoshow in Panama City, Panama.
Gadgetman's Photos of new E92 M3
Check out my smile, I thought it was my M

As long as I'm on deployment and submit my deposit and order before I return to the U.S. I qualify.


Best Regards,
Good on ya man I was in Panama as a Marines in 1989..stayed at Rodman Naval Base I love Panama..Nevo arrojon...
THE JEDI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #76
Davo2003
Captain
 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Maybe this will further explain it, I am not a math wiz, far from it. These numbers below are hypothetical , only to illustrate my reasoning. (Jesus, you guys are making me work for this post!)

Known factors are:

2006 MY MSRP 50,000
MIL Discount 10% = MIL sales price $45000

So if I was provided a known 2008 MY MIL Price of $54900 and $61000 10% = $54900 then $61000 (+ another 1,000 perhaps) is the civilian MSRP. The plus 1,000 is due to the fact that the increase in MSRP will most certainly produce a discount greater than 10% as was the case for MY 2006 in my scenario. Again these numbers are only to illustrate my reasoning.
Argghhh...in your excitement you missed this last part in bold italic. But, get out your calcualtors, it works out to 12.4% near as I can figure, and that IS according to known previous discounts and that is how I came up with my CIV base MSRP number...then I added a grand I think for good measure...so that I wouldn't be underestimating. Hope that helps clarify things. Sorry for my initial cryptic posts, I just didn't feel like gloating or being an e-hero or disclosing all the info in one whack...but, now you have it.
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Davo2003 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #77
InJapan
Private
 
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Japan

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Great news!!
Cheaper than my military sales guy quoted me. Even cheaper because I'm on the wait list for the Sedan.

One thing I don't remember is, will the M3 get the gas guzzler tax?

I just have to work out the logistics to pick up the car in Germany and ship it to Japan and bypass all the tax men. Unfortunately, I will still have to get raped by the Japanese emmissions testing board.

Time to sell the convertible to someone who actually gets to drive with the top down.
InJapan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #78
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJapan View Post
Great news!!
Cheaper than my military sales guy quoted me. Even cheaper because I'm on the wait list for the Sedan.
Are you saying you were recenlty quoted something higher than 50700 for the coupe?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #79
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,135
iTrader: (1)

Then the non Military price is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Argghhh...in your excitement you missed this last part in bold italic. But, get out your calcualtors, it works out to 12.4% near as I can figure, and that IS according to known previous discounts and that is how I came up with my CIV base MSRP number...then I added a grand I think for good measure...so that I wouldn't be underestimating. Hope that helps clarify things. Sorry for my initial cryptic posts, I just didn't feel like gloating or being an e-hero or disclosing all the info in one whack...but, now you have it.
Let's cut to the chase...

1. Is the $50.7k figure firm or nor?

2. Your estimate of the Coupe, non-Military base price is then:

$50.7k/(1-.124) - $1k = $56.9k or...
($50.7k - $1k)/(1-.124) = $56.7k

You'll just have to be CRYSTAL clear here.

3. How much of a +/- would you place on the 12.4% figure?
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 04:30 AM   #80
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
 
Drives: m
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Bythe way for those that care to dig through this thread here it is. MIL base price quoted as 50,700 + 2150 shipping and dest.
Dave,

I am currently stationed in Germany and my rep states that shipping is now included in the price. Maybe it's because I am in Germany heading back to the states...will follow up on this.

V/r

George
SMSgt B is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 04:40 AM   #81
THE JEDI
Major
 
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAPAN, Okinawa

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Hey In Japan share the knowledge man i want to bring a stateside M5 or M3 to japan..and u can't find info anywhere on how to bring a car into japan..if you know please tell me... thanks
THE JEDI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #82
InJapan
Private
 
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Japan

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Hey In Japan share the knowledge man i want to bring a stateside M5 or M3 to japan..and u can't find info anywhere on how to bring a car into japan..if you know please tell me... thanks
First of all I was quoted a price of around $55K military sales base price for a coupe... but that was 2 months ago.

And to answer the above question.
If you can get the military to ship it for you it is a bit easier.
Here is how you do it.
1. Ship the car to the nearest port.
2. Get the personal property / shipping guys to write you a letter that allows you to import a car for personal use.
3. Pay the customs guy around $800 to open the container in a bonded area... it also has to be shipped from the dock to the area by a flat bed. You can probably skip this if your car is shipped by the military.
4. Get the car inspected on base.
5. Get insurance
6. Get the car offically weighed and emissions tested... 2 days and $2000.
7. Pay all the taxes... junking tax, road tax, weight tax... luckily no VAT or automobile acquisition tax.
8. Get some more insurance... because it will take you about a month to get it cleared through all the hurdles... and your JCI will be one month short by the time the process it over.
9. Of course then you have to go to the LTO to get a tag and then back to base to get your base tag.
10. That is not including all the trips to the temporary tag office or trips to the base vehicle registration office.

Needless to say it is VERY painful. Expect a month and lots of headaches. Also about $4000. But I figure if you don't have to pay gas guzzler or state tax (shipped directly from elsewhere) or pay the 5% VAT and 5% Automobile aquisition tax (if buying from a Japanese dealer), it's worth it.

Sorry to go off topic but this thread seems to be populated mostly by military folks.

BTW, I think I drive the only non Gray market E46 M3 Convertible in Japan. The Japanese dealer still services my car.

One final thing... were you looking at the M5 that they have on the lot in Germany? $69.9K for a 2008 model? I would be driving that thing if it wasn't a manual tranny.
InJapan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 07:00 AM   #83
THE JEDI
Major
 
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAPAN, Okinawa

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJapan View Post
First of all I was quoted a price of around $55K military sales base price for a coupe... but that was 2 months ago.

And to answer the above question.
If you can get the military to ship it for you it is a bit easier.
Here is how you do it.
1. Ship the car to the nearest port.
2. Get the personal property / shipping guys to write you a letter that allows you to import a car for personal use.
3. Pay the customs guy around $800 to open the container in a bonded area... it also has to be shipped from the dock to the area by a flat bed. You can probably skip this if your car is shipped by the military.
4. Get the car inspected on base.
5. Get insurance
6. Get the car offically weighed and emissions tested... 2 days and $2000.
7. Pay all the taxes... junking tax, road tax, weight tax... luckily no VAT or automobile acquisition tax.
8. Get some more insurance... because it will take you about a month to get it cleared through all the hurdles... and your JCI will be one month short by the time the process it over.
9. Of course then you have to go to the LTO to get a tag and then back to base to get your base tag.
10. That is not including all the trips to the temporary tag office or trips to the base vehicle registration office.

Needless to say it is VERY painful. Expect a month and lots of headaches. Also about $4000. But I figure if you don't have to pay gas guzzler or state tax (shipped directly from elsewhere) or pay the 5% VAT and 5% Automobile aquisition tax (if buying from a Japanese dealer), it's worth it.

Sorry to go off topic but this thread seems to be populated mostly by military folks.

BTW, I think I drive the only non Gray market E46 M3 Convertible in Japan. The Japanese dealer still services my car.

One final thing... were you looking at the M5 that they have on the lot in Germany? $69.9K for a 2008 model? I would be driving that thing if it wasn't a manual tranny.
Dude I love ya..in Manly way....I will get back at you cause dude looks like I'm buying a car for delivery to Japan..one question i just want to be clear on..your M3 drop top is U.S. spec....
THE JEDI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 07:45 AM   #84
Davo2003
Captain
 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Let's cut to the chase...

1. Is the $50.7k figure firm or nor?

2. Your estimate of the Coupe, non-Military base price is then:

$50.7k/(1-.124) - $1k = $56.9k or...
($50.7k - $1k)/(1-.124) = $56.7k

You'll just have to be CRYSTAL clear here.

3. How much of a +/- would you place on the 12.4% figure?
The following are known factors:

2006 MY Base MSRP 49900
2006 MY MIL Disc 6100

49900 x 12.4 =6187 (so I rounded to 6100 close enough)
So the base MIL price MY 2006 was 49900-6100 or $43800

The following are the most accuarate and recent figures around as I know it. But are NOT in STONE yet...

SO if the newly quoted MIL Base price is 50700 then the price increase is 6900.
6900 x 12.4 = 855
855 (Additional Disc based on higher MSRP) + 50700 (New MIL Price) + 6100 (Previous known Discount) = $57655

That "should" answer all questions about my calculations. If you feel my numbers are flawed, move past the flaming and just post your calculations
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Davo2003 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 08:25 AM   #85
InJapan
Private
 
Drives: E46 M3 Cab, imola/imola
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Japan

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Dude I love ya..in Manly way....I will get back at you cause dude looks like I'm buying a car for delivery to Japan..one question i just want to be clear on..your M3 drop top is U.S. spec....
Yes, 100% US Spec with all the stupid lawyer stickers and prohibitions.
InJapan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 08:36 AM   #86
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Iowa City, IA

Posts: 396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
The following are known factors:

2006 MY Base MSRP 49900
2006 MY MIL Disc 6100

49900 x 12.4 =6187 (so I rounded to 6100 close enough)
So the base MIL price MY 2006 was 49900-6100 or $43800

The following are the most accuarate and recent figures around as I know it. But are NOT in STONE yet...

SO if the newly quoted MIL Base price is 50700 then the price increase is 6900.
6900 x 12.4 = 855
855 (Additional Disc based on higher MSRP) + 50700 (New MIL Price) + 6100 (Previous known Discount) = $57655

That "should" answer all questions about my calculations. If you feel my numbers are flawed, move past the flaming and just post your calculations
Well, first of all, thanks for including all of the important information for us.

Here are the KEY pieces of information:
1. 2006 Base
2. 2006 MIL Base
3. 2008 MIL Base

The logical way of calculating the 2008 Base from this info is quite simple:

(06 Base/06 MIL Base) * (08 MIL Base) = 08 Base

Plugging in Numbers:

(49900/43800) * (50700) = 57760

While this is essentially the same number you quote, your inferences and assumptions to come up with your calcuations are somewhat convoluted. I think it would have been much more straightforward with far less flaming to just post raw numbers and let people on here come up with various calcuations.

Your known numbers aren't flawed, just the design of your calculations.
__________________
Now:'05 G35 6MT\Laser Red\Beige\Sport\Premium

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...
aerisolphaln is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #87
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln View Post
Well, first of all, thanks for including all of the important information for us.

Here are the KEY pieces of information:
1. 2006 Base
2. 2006 MIL Base
3. 2008 MIL Base

The logical way of calculating the 2008 Base from this info is quite simple:

(06 Base/06 MIL Base) * (08 MIL Base) = 08 Base

Plugging in Numbers:

(49900/43800) * (50700) = 57760
If the second piece of information is indeed known to be 43800 (2006 MIL Base=43800), then this is a better way to look at it.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #88
swamp2
Lieutenant General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 10,135
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
If you feel my numbers are flawed, move past the flaming and just post your calculations
Thanks for the clarifications. I do appreciate the sharing of good breaking informaton. I hope the flaming comment was not directed at me. I have not engaged in anyhting like that here. A question and request for clarification shouldn't be a flame in anyones book.

I do think you should have posted more information, more clearly and earlier in the the thread (post #1). You admitted yourself you wanted to string us along a bit...
swamp2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST