BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

07-17-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
daheechang
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 m3

WTT: eisenmann race exhaust for sport e92

hey guys,

looking to swap my eisenmann race for a sport or anything quieter than the race. exhaust is in perfect condition, just a little too loud for my preference.

comes wiht connecting pipes.

thanks

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
I might just take you up on that offer. My exhaust is still too tame for my liking, I'll throw you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
I'm half tempted to buy it back from you just to see what it sounds like with my catless X-Pipe.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
I'm half tempted to buy it back from you just to see what it sounds like with my catless X-Pipe.
It sounds excellent. I'm running catless Eisenmann Race (although I do still have the OEM resonators on) and the sound is amazing. It's on the louder side, but it's not as silly as let's say full Gintani or catless IPE.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
The Eisenmann Race by itself is loud as fk...at last my old one is (which is what Andrew has presently). The only reason I got rid of it was because I would have deemed it "Too Loud to Daily".

Andrew,

Come check out my new exhaust setup if you want before you pick up a new exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #6
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
It sounds excellent. I'm running catless Eisenmann Race (although I do still have the OEM resonators on) and the sound is amazing. It's on the louder side, but it's not as silly as let's say full Gintani or catless IPE.
Catless with Eisenmann Race is nothing less then amazing. I made the trade with daheechang, and after I installed the muffler, I couldn't help but start up the car to see how it sounded paired with my RPI catless exhaust.

Speechless... it literally put a smile on my face from ear to ear.

Only downside, and it has nothing to do with the sound is, man that muffler is heavy!! I was lucky that I had a friend to help out, because the Emann muffler weighs a ton compared to RPI. I seriously don't think I would've been able to get it onto the hangers without a friends help.

I don't have cats or resonators, so it's nothing but pure unfiltered music to me. Thanks again Andrew!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #7
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
The Eisenmann Race by itself is loud as fk...at last my old one is (which is what Andrew has presently). The only reason I got rid of it was because I would have deemed it "Too Loud to Daily".

Andrew,

Come check out my new exhaust setup if you want before you pick up a new exhaust.
I guess it's all subjective. I've heard E.Race by itself and I was surprised that it wasn't louder than it was. Just because it had the word "Race" made me think that it was going to be quite a loud muffler, but it wasn't even any louder than ACM mod. Certainly much quieter than IPE or Meisterschaft. But completely understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
Catless with Eisenmann Race is nothing less then amazing. I made the trade with daheechang, and after I installed the muffler, I couldn't help but start up the car to see how it sounded paired with my RPI catless exhaust.

Speechless... it literally put a smile on my face from ear to ear.

Only downside, and it has nothing to do with the sound is, man that muffler is heavy!! I was lucky that I had a friend to help out, because the Emann muffler weighs a ton compared to RPI. I seriously don't think I would've been able to get it onto the hangers without a friends help.

I don't have cats or resonators, so it's nothing but pure unfiltered music to me. Thanks again Andrew!
Yep, completely agree. It's the PERFECT blend of aggressive and quality sound IMHO. It's definitely on the loud side, so you can tell the car is modified, but it's just such a damn tasteful sound. Not too deep and not raspy.

But yea, that thing is a heavy btch. I also needed a friend to help my install. That German quality

P.S: I also love the slanted exhaust tips. I think it suits the car so well too
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
foam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

I daily my E92 w/ Race and I think it's great. I'm so used to the noise that I don't hear it most of the time
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
MFL
Major
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
I just couldn't get used to the drone.

I went with Corsa and I loved it, then I went with a catless/quad resonated mid section and love it even more now.

Still no droning!
Appreciate 0