BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
Hoseroller74
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

USB drivers missing / Evolve

Was hoping somebody could help me. I recently purchased a Windows based tablet ( note: full Windows 8 O/S , not a mobile version ) and I want to use it with the Evolve-R software. I've downloaded the software and installed it with no issues. However, when I hook it up to the car, it tells me USB driver not supported.

I've done all the usual driver updates...etc etc. Is the Evolve-R program compatible with Windows 8 ?

Cheers

Last edited by Hoseroller74; 06-02-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
warp10
Captain
warp10's Avatar
9
Rep
696
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [5.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Not window 8 comp. Need to run on windows 7.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #3
MilehighM3
Colonel
MilehighM3's Avatar
21
Rep
2,184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (9)

Try disabling the drivers signature setting on your tablet. I believe windows 8 requires a drivers digital signature that the driver software doesn't contain. Disabling this setting will allow the driver to be installed and you should be good to go. Google how to disable it on your device and try installation again.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
ibmike
What the Hell ?
ibmike's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,518
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 e92 DCT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Try disabling the drivers signature setting on your tablet. I believe windows 8 requires a drivers digital signature that the driver software doesn't contain. Disabling this setting will allow the driver to be installed and you should be good to go. Google how to disable it on your device and try installation again.
Yup,^ you can use windows 8 by doing that^. (disable driver signing)
__________________
Life's a Bitch,Just make sure that Bitch is Beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
Hoseroller74
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Thx folks

Cheers






Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
Not window 8 comp. Need to run on windows 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Try disabling the drivers signature setting on your tablet. I believe windows 8 requires a drivers digital signature that the driver software doesn't contain. Disabling this setting will allow the driver to be installed and you should be good to go. Google how to disable it on your device and try installation again.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
Hoseroller74
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Thank you...lets hope it works

Cheers mate



Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Yup,^ you can use windows 8 by doing that^. (disable driver signing)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #7
MFL
Captain
10
Rep
623
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1998 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Right click on the shortcut, hit properties, go to the Compatability tab and under the Compatibility Mode section, select Win 7 and run it again.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
Hoseroller74
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Worked like a charm Cheers mate.




Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Try disabling the drivers signature setting on your tablet. I believe windows 8 requires a drivers digital signature that the driver software doesn't contain. Disabling this setting will allow the driver to be installed and you should be good to go. Google how to disable it on your device and try installation again.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Hoseroller74; 06-02-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #9
BobS
Lieutenant Colonel
BobS's Avatar
22
Rep
1,724
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Good thread! I didn't know that info about windows 8!
__________________

Evolve Supercharged E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #10
MilehighM3
Colonel
MilehighM3's Avatar
21
Rep
2,184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS
Good thread! I didn't know that info about windows 8!
For every 100 or so threads that are repeats and/or tuner wars, there's one that's helpful haha. I had to learn that trick myself which is why I post up my solution. Without an all knowing geek to coach me I would've never figured it out either.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #11
Hoseroller74
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

With help from the folks here on the forum and the attached links... made it really simple and painless.


Disable Driver Signature Enforcement With NO Keyb…:



http://www.fotoclubinc.com/blog/how-...-on-windows-8/

Last edited by Hoseroller74; 06-03-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #12
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Imran@Evolve's Avatar
United Kingdom
83
Rep
2,067
Posts


 
Drives: E60 M5, E92 M3, E46 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Imran@Evolve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoseroller74 View Post
With help from the folks here on the forum and the attached links... made it really simple and painless.


Disable Driver Signature Enforcement With NO Keyb…:



http://www.fotoclubinc.com/blog/how-...-on-windows-8/
Thanks for sharing! Hopefully it will help other out too.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
MFL
Captain
10
Rep
623
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1998 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
And thanks for not turning this into a thread trashing my companies operating system
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #14
DaveDee
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
DaveDee's Avatar
Australia
19
Rep
730
Posts


 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Try disabling the drivers signature setting on your tablet. I believe windows 8 requires a drivers digital signature that the driver software doesn't contain. Disabling this setting will allow the driver to be installed and you should be good to go. Google how to disable it on your device and try installation again.
I'm running a Win8.1 notebook and this works for Win 8 and 8.1 and is an easy way of allowing an unsigned driver. Using this way you will still get exactly the same warning when you go to install the driver as you would in Win7

To save Googling this is an easy way to disable driver signature enforcement:

Windows Key + R
Enter the following command (Copy and paste the following command)

shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 0

This tells the computer to restart and prompt how you want to start
Click the “OK”
The system will restart to a menu allowing you to change how it boots. Select “Troubleshoot”
Select “Advanced options”
Select “Windows Start-up Settings” – this will restart Windows and let you change the boot options
Click “Restart” button
System will restart to “Advanced Boot Options” screen
Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” – this tells the computer to boot without forcing signed drivers. Reboot the computer and install the device driver as normal (either using the installer if available or Device Manager)

You know this works when you get the warning about allowing unsigned drivers
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #15
Hoseroller74
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Great info bro...certainly good to have the additional info. I added the extra link , as mine is a tablet and without having a physical keyboard, it allowed me to connect a keyboard via USB to disable signature on drivers...F7 is the option on Windows 8 / 8.1

Cheers mate...great thread!





Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
I'm running a Win8.1 notebook and this works for Win 8 and 8.1 and is an easy way of allowing an unsigned driver. Using this way you will still get exactly the same warning when you go to install the driver as you would in Win7

To save Googling this is an easy way to disable driver signature enforcement:

Windows Key + R
Enter the following command (Copy and paste the following command)

shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 0

This tells the computer to restart and prompt how you want to start
Click the “OK”
The system will restart to a menu allowing you to change how it boots. Select “Troubleshoot”
Select “Advanced options”
Select “Windows Start-up Settings” – this will restart Windows and let you change the boot options
Click “Restart” button
System will restart to “Advanced Boot Options” screen
Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” – this tells the computer to boot without forcing signed drivers. Reboot the computer and install the device driver as normal (either using the installer if available or Device Manager)

You know this works when you get the warning about allowing unsigned drivers
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #16
Hoseroller74
Private First Class
Canada
1
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 E92 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Thx for being an awesome company and providing an incredible product. Top Tier customer service! Also, the new calibrated tune i received today worked perfectly. Cheers






Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Thanks for sharing! Hopefully it will help other out too.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST